Alex Song

Aasim

Bumbleman
He wont fill that gap, he will be out of position and struggling to get back into it.

No he won't. You are forgetting this is Barcelona, not Arsenal. At Arsenal, he was one of the best players. He had to do a lot work because players around him were either adapting, not good enough or young.

At Barca we have players who don't need help with the attacking side of things so he doesn't need to be busting a gut to help them out and when they lose it, running his arse off back to help the defence, like he did at Arsenal. If he does come, he will be instructed to hold his position, not what Wenger was telling him to do.

Having said that, I still don't think we need him.

Gervinho

No he won't. You are forgetting this is Barcelona, not Arsenal. At Arsenal, he was one of the best players. He had to do a lot work because players around him were either adapting, not good enough or young.

At Barca we have players who don't need help with the attacking side of things so he doesn't need to be busting a gut to help them out and when they lose it, running his arse off back to help the defence, like he did at Arsenal. If he does come, he will be instructed to hold his position, not what Wenger was telling him to do.

Having said that, I still don't think we need him.
Arteta is adapting? last season Arteta was covering for him alot and the season before when he played with wilshere, I remember Wilshere yelling at him few times because he was caught of position alot of times. When a 19 year old rookie yells at you because he feels you are not doing your job, something is wrong.

This signing will be similar to Hleb, he will be back in the PL within 2 years....mark my word

Arachnid

We are looking at Bruno Soriano, is he any good? Rarely seen him play tbh

Really? Oh, right, Villarreal's been relegated and he'll be cheaper than dirt. Typical Wenger.

Honestly, he's quite well regarded among fans and he's even been internationally capped (harder than you think, since Del Bosque barely ever tries new people... I mean, guys like Jose Enrique or even Arteta have never been capped, ffs). I don't see what the big deal is, frankly, but I guess that he would be pretty decent cover until Jack comes back. Not a replacement for Song in any form or shape.

F

Flavia

This signing will be similar to Hleb, he will be back in the PL within 2 years....mark my word
Sadly, you're right. Song will be Chygrynskiy or Hleb 2.0.
There are much better option out there for his price. But If Tito is set on signing him, I just can hope for the best.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
An ego that big does not fit in Barcelona, no matter who coaches it.

IT is not about ego, it is about being responsible with the price. He asked for Ibra, he wanted Ibra, he brought Ibra at an insane price and demanded he moved away an an insane price.

Ursegor

World Champion
Passes brilliantly with both feet. Adds more midfield muscle (now they will have to get through Song to get to Mascherano whereas last year in Europe, there was this huge gap of open space between Busquets and CBs). I will welcome this transfer.

So will many Arsenal fans:

I don't think Barca know what they're letting themselves in for, if they thought Cesc was poorly disciplined and a bit kamikaze... Holy ****, wait till they get a load of ol' Song Billong

Song to Barca, meh not too bothered to be honest. If it wasn't for his stupid hairstyles, the oh too many stray passes and the gaping hole in front of the defense I wouldn't know he was on the pitch half of the time.

Song can move to Barca, they'll get rid after a year or two an he'll end up like Hleb.

At least with song gone our mf might hv some positional discipline

If Barcelona are willing to pay £20 Million, then sell him! I rate Song very highly, but he is not irreplaceable and I am tired of having players in our squad that are looking elsewhere. We can replace Song with a much better defensive midfielder like Yann M'Vila, Etienne Capoue or Victor Wanyama that would provide the tougheness in our midfield that we need to cover the midfield. Alex Song has become more of a playmaker and we already have plenty of those with Arteta, Cazorla, Wilshire, Ramsey, Rosicky, and soon Sahin.

Just my own personal feelings but now we have offensive options like Cazorla and Wilshere (when he returns) then we should play a dedicated DM....Song for me will never have the discipline to do this for us as.

I dont want Song to go but if he does its not a problem because as a DM he is not that good, and that is the position he plays for us. Last season he was very creative and thats why some people say he is one of our best players but his poor DM duties contributed to us shipping so many goals.

From Arsenal Mania. The point about Fabregas is very well made. If Fabregas looks a bit out of place in our midfield, Song will look like an utter spastic in an ever deeper role which requires even more tactical discipline. Hleb 2.0.

Last edited:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
He is a utility player and someone accustomed to playing defensive roles. It's only recently that he's stepped up in a more defined role but versatility is one of his strengths, so I don't imagine him struggling at all.

THIS.

What if we were all the ones racist like the managers we have accused of bringing in Africans as DMs regardless of their talents? What if Song is not coming to be a DM? What if he is Iniesta's sub? Thoughts...thoughts...

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
THIS.

What if we were all the ones racist like the managers we have accused of bringing in Africans as DMs regardless of their talents? What if Song is not coming to be a DM? What if he is Iniesta's sub? Thoughts...thoughts...

Ahead of Cesc, Thiago and Afellay? :lol:

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Who is to say that Center Forward Fabregas is better than Song? Or if Thiago is better than Song? or if smug face Affelay is better than Song?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
The first two certainly fit better... but then again, who is to say that Cristiano Ronaldo is better than Quaresma?

farrumessi

SONG SONG SONG , he was the second best player at arsenal last season . he supported persie with many through ball last season . i believe it willl be a good signing but too bad for song to leave arsenal as he wont get enough time over here

Home of Barca Fans