Alexandre Pato

S

Super Pippo

I'm not so worried by the Pato loss as I am for the potential loss of Nesta for this game. Borriello has actually been playing very well so even if Pato was fit I think Marco would start.

As for his price, well Galliani has said he is as important to Milan as Kaka' and rates his talents as good as Messi - so is not for sale (when Chelsea were trying to buy him last Summer). But the very fact that he has compared him to Kaka' would suggest he has a price, Kaka' went for near 60M but he has a marketability + Golden ball and CL medal pedigree. But Milan did pay a lot for Pato considering how young he was and was playing in Brasil, so would want to see a good return on that investment. I would guess 40 - 45M.

roll

Tryin` to be hated
I'm not so worried by the Pato loss as I am for the potential loss of Nesta for this game. Borriello has actually been playing very well so even if Pato was fit I think Marco would start.

As for his price, well Galliani has said he is as important to Milan as Kaka' and rates his talents as good as Messi - so is not for sale (when Chelsea were trying to buy him last Summer). But the very fact that he has compared him to Kaka' would suggest he has a price, Kaka' went for near 60M but he has a marketability + Golden ball and CL medal pedigree. But Milan did pay a lot for Pato considering how young he was and was playing in Brasil, so would want to see a good return on that investment. I would guess 40 - 45M.
Pato would play instead Beckham, not Borriello. Pato played more as a winger this season. Him and Ronaldinho on wings were really deadly combination....

S

Super Pippo

Not really, The three roles are very different. For a big game like this Milan will play with more hold on the midfield, so Beckham on the right would be a first choice with greater experience, passing, crossing and set pieces . Pato's role as a striker coming in from wide areas isn't the same as that at all. Ultimately he looks to get gols for himself and is not ideal when you need to work harder to keep possession, he doesn't offer the clinical finishing of Borriello (at this moment) either. Even if he was fit I don't think he would start, but would probably come on as a sub if Milan needed to chase the game later on.

Co0ter

Borriello doesn't really offer much other than finishing really well when he has space. I think his positioning is his best trait.

Pato not only is a very good finisher, he is an extremely hard worker. He comes back to the midfield for the ball, takes the ball down EITHER wings and has pretty good vision, combining well with other players. Borriello doesn't really do any of that; I have to admit tho as of late his goal scoring form is pretty sharp. Then again Dinho has provided him silver platter service for quite a few of his goals, kinda hard to miss (scored two nice volleys tho).

Edit: And yea, he'd cost 40ish million. Worth every penny.

Last edited:

barca96

40mill to drop for these young talents is quite worth it.
considering cesc also cost in the same region.
they are the future

desoe

He has a muscle problem atm, pretty same thing which Messi suffered twice few years ago. I have to admit that I was scared for Leo's career then, because he was treated twice for that in just two years of time. Sometimes I thought he'll become the next Vicente or something - always injured.

christina

Pure Happiness
Yes I remember it was really disturbing ...
Let's hope that Pato will come back already .. All the Italian league this sucks without him ..

Co0ter

Milan performing well has to do with 2 things:

1) Dinho being in great form. His assists/vision have been breathtaking. He's been attracting multiple defenders again and creates a lot of space. He is making Borriello look good. Besides Borriello's good finishing with a few goals he's offered pretty much nothing to the Milan offense.

2) Thiago Silva. He's 25 and has been a complete beast. He's really solidified the back four, paired with Nesta's experience they have been great. Once (if) Abate, a natural center back, gets used to being a RB they'll have a great defense.

They lost to Inter b/c 1) Abate's horrid mistake to put them behind early. 2) Beckham offers absolutely nothing besides great crosses. Sometimes the crosses lead to goals, but when the other team knows that's the only thing he does its not hard to anticipate the cross and only send 1 player to mark him. 3) Dinho was marked well and didn't have a great game.

Pato, along with Dinho/Borriello upfront would strengthen the team immensely. Beckham isn't a RW, he could work however as a RM with Pirlo and a holding mid.

jairzinho

They lost to Inter b/c 1) Abate's horrid mistake to put them behind early. 2) Beckham offers absolutely nothing besides great crosses. Sometimes the crosses lead to goals, but when the other team knows that's the only thing he does its not hard to anticipate the cross and only send 1 player to mark him. 3) Dinho was marked well and didn't have a great game.

Pato, along with Dinho/Borriello upfront would strengthen the team immensely. Beckham isn't a RW, he could work however as a RM with Pirlo and a holding mid.

they lost to inter because inter clearly had the better team and were the better team on the night. ac lost out especially on defending counter attacks and milito and pandev speed was too much for the old men like ambrossini and favalli to handle. AC had a good midfield with alot of creative midfielders but no one to finish up front. with all respect to boriello, he is not the type of striker that can forage for himself and create opportunities without help.

barca96

did you guys read mourinhos comments?
even with 7 men Inter can beat milan according to him
what a funny guy!LOL

Home of Barca Fans