Alexis Sanchez

Ustari

Mou, res!
My god, even when he plays well and scores you STILL can't praise him. He isn't messi, iniesta or xavi, never will be but he is a good player and is showing it lately. I feel a lot of you judge every player on the back of the three best players in the world in messi, iniesta and xavi. They are three outstanding players that only ever come around once in a generation. Just because others don't live upto those three doesn't mean they are bad players. I think alot of you need to be more realistic towards how you judge players.

+infinity

Pepe Silvia

He's a good player, just not a good goal scorer, and we can't go on with the hopes that he will magically start producing in front of net, because he simply won't. He has improved and I'll give him the credit he deserves, but to somehow think he will be the player we hoped he would after 2 full seasons with us and generally providing little in terms of consistent goal-scoring threat, is quite the pipe dream. If you like him as a person that's fine (I've learned to like him a bit), but let's stop pretending he has made any real impact or instilled any fear in defenders during his time here, because he just hasn't... and that's been a problem for us. We need goal scorers. Neymar is a goal scorer.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I gave up on the player a few months back but I've crawled back down from the ledge a bit since then...No, he's clearly not a goalscorer and I think everyone readily acknowledges the obvious in that...But perhaps he'll be the provider, particularly if the other attacking forward will be Neymar...Because, for now, we've lost Pedro or the Pedro we used to know as Gotye would say and Sanchez may just provide the width & delivery needed from out wide - just not the goals...12 assists and 10 goals with 3 matches left, it's not bad and it's not great but I've seen his utility without having to score

I think the disappointment that he hasn't been the aggressive dribbler/attacker we believed he'd be is probably what has been toughest for me and figured goals would eventually come - who knows, they may still come as he's still only 24...Either way, I'm less inclined to see him depart, tbh, and it's hard to imagine since only a couple of months ago I couldn't stand the sight of him on the pitch

Afro

I've been thinking about it, and I think Alexis could still play a massive part in this team. It's been fairly obvious from performances in the CL this season that the team needs another tactical evolution similar to 2008. We saw an almost 3-3-1-3 formation against Milan, with Messi being the one. Using Alexis' superb movement at CF could free up space for Messi:

Neymar Alexis Pedro
Messi​

Only included Pedro because I have no idea who else to put RW.

sabby

I've been thinking about it, and I think Alexis could still play a massive part in this team. It's been fairly obvious from performances in the CL this season that the team needs another tactical evolution similar to 2008. We saw an almost 3-3-1-3 formation against Milan, with Messi being the one. Using Alexis' superb movement at CF could free up space for Messi:

Neymar Alexis Alves
Messi​

Only included Pedro because I have no idea who else to put RW.

Fixed. Although I'm doubtful how productive Sanchez would be at CF. He seems more of a chance creator than a scorer.

R

rivaldo10

that people on here still want to play Messi as a false 9 is just funny.

Sell Alexis and Pedro and get a really nummber 9.

Rooney or Suarez would be perfect

Kerrybai

that people on here still want to play Messi as a false 9 is just funny.

Sell Alexis and Pedro and get a really nummber 9.

Rooney or Suarez would be perfect

He's our most productive player in terms of goalscoring and chance creation. He won't be moved. He's been deadly through the middle since he was moved there. Reading your post again you may not have meant moving messi to the wing but then we would need a new formation. Maybe 3-4-3 of sorts.

Last edited:
R

rivaldo10

yeah messi needs to have a real 9 in support

---------9----------
wing---messi-----wing

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Apparently Monaco are looking to buy him. I'd snap their hands off for a good price for him.

Home of Barca Fans