Alexis Sanchez

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Nobody said he was a natural goalscorer. He's there to bring the work rate that we won't have from messi and Neymar and his movement helps with parked buses. His dribbling was supposed to be able to help parked buses but I've very very rarely seen him running at players for us. It was one of the main reasons we signed him.

Meitux

In his first game against Madrid in the super cup in Bernabeu he always tried to dribble and get past the others,havent seen that since then.He barely tries to sprint,just slows down and tries to find a back pass

Hamzah

High Definition Member
It might have been coached out of him, dribbling isn't really part of tiki Taka and he's probably trying to fit in with the possesion style. Or he's lost confidence and is scared to take players on.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Well with the arrival of Neymar, don't you think Tito will have to alter the way our wingers plays. Surely you're not going to keep Neymar playing this restricted role our wingers play, this pass it back never dribble bullshit. He will have a structure to fall under but he will definitely need more freeedom if you want to get the best out of him. That being said, this might be Alexis chance to prove he also can function better if given some room to work with. It'll be exciting to see how he measures up to Neymar. If these too players can deliver it will be a fun season head.

USWAY

In his first game against Madrid in the super cup in Bernabeu he always tried to dribble and get past the others,havent seen that since then.He barely tries to sprint,just slows down and tries to find a back pass

That's because he was just playing football back then, not the Barca system. As he learned the system more, he became more timid and unsure of himself. The last few months of the season, when he was also finally healthy, you saw him playing comfortably and making progress.

serghei

Well with the arrival of Neymar, don't you think Tito will have to alter the way our wingers plays. Surely you're not going to keep Neymar playing this restricted role our wingers play, this pass it back never dribble bullshit. He will have a structure to fall under but he will definitely need more freeedom if you want to get the best out of him. That being said, this might be Alexis chance to prove he also can function better if given some room to work with. It'll be exciting to see how he measures up to Neymar. If these too players can deliver it will be a fun season head.

Alexis - Neymar - Messi might work.

J

jiopi

I like how some think wingers not doing anything progressive was some kind of coaching decision. :lol:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
That's because he was just playing football back then, not the Barca system. As he learned the system more, he became more timid and unsure of himself. The last few months of the season, when he was also finally healthy, you saw him playing comfortably and making progress.

The few remaining La Liga games in wich Messi was injured, Alexis started to show himself.. which resulted into that game where Cesc and Alexis made like 5 goals together..

J

jiopi

I like how some think when a player does something great, only then he shows himself. :lol:

Meitux

I dont believe thats the case,i think that he was good in his years at Udinese but maybe wasnt ready for here.Changing someones role doesnt make him straight after so bad,hes been given plenty of time to prove himself but didnt.I personally dont believe that he is bad player but propably not so good for here

Last edited:

Darko

the arrival of the new manager should help him a lot,because he will surely implement better tactics that are not as static as Titos,and Alexis thrives when there is fluidity and movement(would be amazing at BVB for example)

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Once he reaches a level of confidence were he doesn't pass back and takes on his defender and actually starts scoring his level won't be that far away from Neymar.. That is only IF he somehow manages to boost his confidence

Home of Barca Fans