Alexis Sanchez

Alexsmith

It might have been coached out of him, dribbling isn't really part of tiki Taka and he's probably trying to fit in with the possesion style. Or he's lost confidence and is scared to take players on.

I bet he was instructed to miss open nets too, make Messi look good

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Don't understand your sarcasm. The reality is that he doesn't even attempt dribbles, always going for a back pass. It could easily be a coaching decision (get the ball, move towards the corner and pass back so the play is stretched slightly more). The other aspects of his play are due to him being a poor finisher, not playing well in general etc.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Don't understand your sarcasm. The reality is that he doesn't even attempt dribbles, always going for a back pass. It could easily be a coaching decision (get the ball, move towards the corner and pass back so the play is stretched slightly more). The other aspects of his play are due to him being a poor finisher, not playing well in general etc.

Poor first touch at times too.

nebeer

Love is All
Hopefully Tata being a South American coach can bring out the best of Sanchez. Hopefully he can help him about.

CatalinR10

Hopefully Tata being a South American coach can bring out the best of Sanchez. Hopefully he can help him about.

Some of you guys are delusional :lol: . He is not Barca material and never will be . The coach doesn't have anything to do with the fact that he couldn 't score even if his life was on the line. He finished the season in a decent way but only because we won La Liga and there was no pressure on him. People keep saying the same things over and over again in the last 1 - 1,5 years ...that he is young , he has potential , he will be great , etc etc .

Someone should make a compilation with all his misses this season.

Stric

6a00d83453dc2969e2017ee97da352970d-800wi

Besides, YouTube doesn't have that much hosting space.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Some of you guys are delusional :lol: . He is not Barca material and never will be . The coach doesn't have anything to do with the fact that he couldn 't score even if his life was on the line. He finished the season in a decent way but only because we won La Liga and there was no pressure on him. People keep saying the same things over and over again in the last 1 - 1,5 years ...that he is young , he has potential , he will be great , etc etc .

Indeed, he still doesn't score as many goals as I would like him to. BUT, he has so many other qualities - when he gets the ball we are almost 100% sure he won't misplace a pass or get bullied of the ball. He is super strong and gives great assists.

F

Flavia

6a00d83453dc2969e2017ee97da352970d-800wi

Besides, YouTube doesn't have that much hosting space.
That's mean, though it's true :lol:

I think he should try just assisting, and score a goal eventually. Relying on him to score doesn't work. with a role like that, feeding Messi and Neymar, he surely can do better.

F

Flavia

Valdano (ex-Madrid): "Alexis lacks confidence at Barça. He used to be bold. Now he sometimes starts a dribble, stops and gives a pass back."

Jorge Valdano: "Maybe Alexis is impressed by Messi. I saw it at Valencia with Ariel Ortega, who disappeared when Romario joined." [rc]

Butaan4barca

Valdano (ex-Madrid): "Alexis lacks confidence at Barça. He used to be bold. Now he sometimes starts a dribble, stops and gives a pass back."

Jorge Valdano: "Maybe Alexis is impressed by Messi. I saw it at Valencia with Ariel Ortega, who disappeared when Romario joined." [rc]

Totally agree with him. Sergio roberto is a very similar player. I rate both very highly. And i know the time they will start firing cylinders everybody will be singing their names.

Chainsaw

Killahead
That's mean, though it's true :lol:

I think he should try just assisting, and score a goal eventually. Relying on him to score doesn't work. with a role like that, feeding Messi and Neymar, he surely can do better.

He needs to add more brains to his decisions. Most of the time he looks hasty, confused and with no clear idea what he's supposed to do next. The best players in the game, beside their footballing abilities, have visions and intelligence to their game. That's what differ them from the others. Alexis barely gave me the impression that he's a very intelligent player. That will also affect his confidence when he finds himself among several top players who could do amazing things with much simplicity, like it's a piece of cake to 'em. While he fail to do the simplest thing himself. That's a big factor why so many players feel more comfort playing in smaller teams rather than big clubs. They fail to cope with the competitions at the highest level, both psychologically and sportically.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One

Bold is a good word. There's a video on youtube called el antiguo alexis sanchez means the old alexis sanchez. He was expli sive, and agressive. Bold. Hope for his sake and ours he finds his mojo

Richard.H

I think the main problem is that we fans have crazy expectations for him. He's in the same league as Tello and Cuenca. I think all this controversy about him comes from the fact that the fans expect him to perform at amazing levels when it's simply not possible. Stop getting your hopes up.

Valdivia

I think the main problem is that we fans have crazy expectations for him. He's in the same league as Tello and Cuenca. I think all this controversy about him comes from the fact that the fans expect him to perform at amazing levels when it's simply not possible. Stop getting your hopes up.

I don't think you're familiar with Alexis and his abilities. Anyone who watched him at Udinese or Chile can see the vast difference and the lack of courage and confidence. He used to dribble and take on defenders at will which was why most of us were excited at signing him. Just like we are now with Neymar. Putting him in the same league as Tello and Cuenca is very daft.

Home of Barca Fans