Alexis Sanchez

Chainsaw

Killahead
I don't think you're familiar with Alexis and his abilities. Anyone who watched him at Udinese or Chile can see the vast difference and the lack of courage and confidence. He used to dribble and take on defenders at will which was why most of us were excited at signing him. Just like we are now with Neymar. Putting him in the same league as Tello and Cuenca is very daft.

That's the exact difference. At Udinese and Chile he felt like a star of the team. At Barca he feels like "just another player", or worse the weak link of the team when he doesn't perform. That definitely lower his confidence. Feeling inferior to your team mates undoubtedly affect a player's confidence and therefore his abilities to deliver.

Meitux

That's the exact difference. At Udinese and Chile he felt like a star of the team. At Barca he feels like "just another player", or worse the weak link of the team when he doesn't perform. That definitely lower his confidence. Feeling inferior to your team mates undoubtedly affect a player's confidence and therefore his abilities to deliver.
And what did you expect?From the moment he came in Barcelona he always knew it he won't be the star of the team.Whats the point of having him here if he can't accept that.

Chainsaw

Killahead
And what did you expect?From the moment he came in Barcelona he always knew it he won't be the star of the team.Whats the point of having him here if he can't accept that.

I didn't expect much really. I didn't want him here at the first place.

Valdivia

Well we all agreed on his low confidence problem. Happened to a lot of our late signings. Can only be solved by the manager, sitting down with Alexis and just putting his trust in him, encouraging him to use talents and individual dribbling skills for the team. He should try to take on defenders and not give two shits about Alves's, Alba's or Messi's reactions. If Alexis was Alexis we probably wouldn't even need Neymar in the team right now.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Alexis needs confidence. It's sad he can't show his true level. Tata has good relationships with his players, hopefully he can do something with Alexis.

Meitux

Alexis is not world class..he has shown his true level and it isnt propably for Barcelona.He has given plenty of time to prove himself but didnt.Change in tactics doesnt affect your play tottaly.I don't know if im sure but maybe the 2010-11 season has made him a little bit overrated in the moment he wasn't ready for here.Generally for me he isn't good enough for having a role in this whole false 9 system that demands many things from its wingers if they are about to used in the right way,and not just passing back.

el chilenito

here are his 26 goals in two seasons, not including the 5 friendly pre season goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKb2pNBODTU

alexis is world class when he is confident, its not a conicidence when messi was injured sanchez stepped up and became the best player in the last couple of months.
when sanchez is allowed to roam freely without the pressure of tracking back and defending due to attacking fullbacks or instructed to give the ball to messi, he is a class act. his passing is fantastically sublime and underated ( one of the best aspects of his game). people harsly use him as a scapegoat for the teams failure as a unit, even though he was the 4th highest scorer and third highest assister in the 2012-13 season and second highest scorer in his first season. people praise tello for just a couple of shining moments, yet when sanchez show he was shining in the last couple of months people are quick to say that he should have shined before even though noboby played to their full potential last season. its a double standard. the same case with pedro.
people always say he scored when the league was over, yet nobod else seem to score during the same period, whats thier excuse for not ranking up higher goal tally? he has shown time and time again he is dedicated to this team even when the league was over, he didn't stop playing and gave his heart out in every match. thats what football and barca is about, just give 100 percent of effort no matter the circumstances. thats what i love about him, despite all the shit he gets for no reason ( the missed chances seem exagerated because he rarely shoots and despite that he still ended with double digits.) he still held his head high and just played, whcih eventually led to man of the matches performance. he continued on even though everybody thought there was no hope for him, that is a champion and worthy of playing for the barca name. i have high hopes for a south american attacking trio of neymar sanchez messi.

CatalinR10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKb2pNBODTU

alexis is world class when he is confident, its not a conicidence when messi was injured sanchez stepped up and became the best player in the last couple of months.
when sanchez is allowed to roam freely without the pressure of tracking back and defending due to attacking fullbacks or instructed to give the ball to messi, he is a class act. his passing is fantastically sublime and underated ( one of the best aspects of his game). people harsly use him as a scapegoat for the teams failure as a unit, even though he was the 4th highest scorer and third highest assister in the 2012-13 season and second highest scorer in his first season. people praise tello for just a couple of shining moments, yet when sanchez show he was shining in the last couple of months people are quick to say that he should have shined before even though noboby played to their full potential last season. its a double standard. the same case with pedro.
people always say he scored when the league was over, yet nobod else seem to score during the same period, whats thier excuse for not ranking up higher goal tally? he has shown time and time again he is dedicated to this team even when the league was over, he didn't stop playing and gave his heart out in every match. thats what football and barca is about, just give 100 percent of effort no matter the circumstances. thats what i love about him, despite all the shit he gets for no reason ( the missed chances seem exagerated because he rarely shoots and despite that he still ended with double digits.) he still held his head high and just played, whcih eventually led to man of the matches performance. he continued on even though everybody thought there was no hope for him, that is a champion and worthy of playing for the barca name. i have high hopes for a south american attacking trio of neymar sanchez messi.

First of all , Tello didn't cost us 37 M . And yes , for that pricetag he should have been consistent and a much much better player . Nobody is bashing Alexis and praising Pedro , if that 's what you meant. If it were for the most people in this forum , Pedro would have been sold already.

Also , if you think people throw shit at him for no reason , you probably have watched him play only in his best games. For someone who watched 90-95% of all the games Barca played in the last 2 seasons , IMO Alexis was shit. And ending the season with double digits isn't such a hard thing to do since you have players like Iniesta-Xavi-Messi who give you sublime assists. If he was a decent player , he would have had + 50 goals so far in the last 2 seasons considering the chances Messi Xavi and Iniesta created for him.

He is not worthy of playing in this team and please , you think Messi should move on the right side so the almighty Alexis could play in the middle ? Give me a break...

Co0ter

Yea performing badly is funny. So is losing. I guess.

I'd prefer quite a few players over Sanchez but he's here and not going anywhere. Time to start supporting him and having faith in the team.

Home of Barca Fans