Alexis Sanchez

Jadentheman

well atleast he doesnt dive as much looking at the bayern game , so maybe thats an indication of him trying to change. Maybe he needs someone to send him a you tube vid of his days in italy so he can remember how good he was .

I wonder how many of those stepovers in Italy led to nowhere?

Meitux

He doesn't fit our style of playing.I mean about false 9,it demands many things from its wingers,to involve much in play to create chances,to score.I don't think he can make those happen.Hes been given plenty of time already to prove himself but didn't.Only showing glimpses of something good doesn't mean he will succeed this season.I don't like him generally,if this season hes average i would like him to leave.

Alexsmith

Sorry but no numbers will ever convince me Alexis was a very good player for us. He was very good in the last month or two of the season, I'll admit that, but that's about it as far as I'm concerned. Everything before that was very disappointing for me, stats or no stats.

Horrible is more like it for me when u consider that he is denying space to Cantera players, forcing us to loan them out, it is just depressing

Shegzy

Even if you ignore the goals and assits, even then he is an incredible player solely on his off the ball movements and intelligence.

>. next time just watch him creating space for others solely by himself. he just knows where e.g messi will move, he takes one defender out of the way. (an example.

alba as a right winger or montoya will do everything he can do and even better.

Zincubus

Banned
Even if you ignore the goals and assits, even then he is an incredible player solely on his off the ball movements and intelligence.

>. next time just watch him creating space for others solely by himself. he just knows where e.g messi will move, he takes one defender out of the way. (an example.

Trouble with Sanchez who is nothing like the Sanchez I saw in all those utube clips when we were interested in him.

Nowadays even if he beats a defender his first thought is to pass to Messi rather than take a shot .

Just notice the difference when Neymar starts for us . His first thought is the same as Messi's that is get a shot on target .
He will pass if someone is clearly better placed but he won't pass the responsibility all the time like Sanchez.

If we're going to get that young CB for virtually nothing then I'd be happier if we splashed the budget on another top rated striker . I just don't see Sanchez coming good of Pedro regaining his form of two years ago .

el chilenito

I was implying that you shouldn't make assumptions of what certain people are doing in their life when you have no ideea who those people are and didn't even met them in real life. You were saying that I should stop playing fifa and watch more football. Don't talk to me like I have no ideea what football means , like you are better than anybody else , and like you have all the football knowledge in the world, because you are not. It's not a defensful tactic and it wasn't use to gain someones sympathy because in the end , I couldn't care less about what some people around here think about me.

It doesn't matter for me that you think your precious Alexis is a world class player but for me and most of the people around this forum , his transfer was a big failed one. Sure he had a good game here and there but overall he was shit for the money we got him.

if you couldn't care less then why waste time on a reply?
concering your previous statemnent, never did i say i was better than anyone else, check my posts again and try to show me otherwise and concerning the 'assumptions i make' i find it quite hypocritical coming from someone like you who made the assumption first that i only watched a couple of barca games and you stating that you watched 90-95% of barca match which made your opinion about sanchez more valid.
as in my previous post i have stated i have watched every practically every single barca match last season and close to every one for the past 10 years so i resent people saying that i dont watch barca and only watch for my 'precious' sanchez as you so frevioulsy put it. i love this club end of story.
think as you may the truth of the matter is i have only tried to demostrate that sanchez isn't a bad a player as you made it out to be with reliable source and evindece but you think its a personal attack on you which is not the case.

i dont know why i bother replying to your quotes if you are only going to resort to personal opinion and not be able to provide a resonable rebuttle on the topic at hand. in my posts i have merly shown evidence to my argument about sanchez being better than the shit you make him out to be. if you are just going to disregard everything that is shown in front of you and just have a personal vendetta on sanchez, me or other contributing commenteors on this forum instead of coming up with justifable reason and evidence to support your opinion about certain players then maybe you shouldn't be on a forum to begin with. thats is all.

el chilenito

He is not "here to stay". He's surely not untouchable. If he doesn't perform better this season, you can be sure he'll leave.

lol i can see the misunderstanding , what i meant was he is here to stay for another season so its better to accept it we are stuck with him for another year instead of getting fumed up like some certain other people are doing. that all, hope i cleared that up for you.

Meitux

el chilenito plz...you may post like 2 pages of what you want but the facts are facts.Overall till now he has showed that he is not worth of the money or play in Barcelona,And because Pedro is worse doesn't mean Alexis is good.You should compare him to someone good to see if hes better...showing glipses of something good but not special doesn't mean automatically he will succed from now on.He may had a good season with Udinese in 2010-2011 season but propably this season overrated him in a moment that wasn't ready for a move to a big team like Barcelona,i wonder how can you even call him world class.He is just a good but not more than that who isn't Barcelona quality or fit into this team..

Its clear from your username that you are a fanboy of him and you try to defend him with every possible way, but most of those ways don't refer to reality...

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He does create goals through movement and despite not being a natural goalscorer he does quite well there. Remember it's not his job to score but to create, Messi and Neymar deal with the goal scoring. His assist contribution is good aswell. His workrate in pressing is brilliant. He is a perfect fit for us just not performing at his full level.

I think he's a Martino type of player, we will see the best of him under the new coach.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
There's no mind to make up. He is a perfect fit in terms of player characteristics, but more suited to counter attack than possession.

Shegzy

He does create goals through movement and despite not being a natural goalscorer he does quite well there. Remember it's not his job to score but to create, Messi and Neymar deal with the goal scoring. His assist contribution is good aswell. His workrate in pressing is brilliant. He is a perfect fit for us just not performing at his full level.

I think he's a Martino type of player, we will see the best of him under the new coach.

his job is to score and as well create why would we pay 37m for a winger that can only create goals when we had iniesta and were getting fabregas both of which are better goal creator and cesc a better goal scorer maybe we should sacrifice the right wing to make cesc a starter since he can score and assist better than our right winger,we should just play 4-4-2 with iniesta and cesc as attacking mildfielder and masch and busi dmf and cm.

Meitux

his job is to score and as well create why would we pay 37m for a winger that can only create goals when we had iniesta and were getting fabregas both of which are better goal creator and cesc a better goal scorer maybe we should sacrifice the right wing to make cesc a starter since he can score and assist better than our right winger,we should just play 4-4-2 with iniesta and cesc as attacking mildfielder and masch and busi dmf and cm.
Change Busi role from the moment he performs exceptional in DM?And Mascherano is not so good for our midfield,remember 2010-11 season before he started playing as CB,he played very few games as DM.If you want Cesc in this line up the best is 4-3-1-2 with Cesc behind Messi and Neymar.

But formation won't be propably changed so the better for me would be to buy someone else.I would like Reus...and i hope we try to go for him at sometime.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

if you couldn't care less then why waste time on a reply?
concering your previous statemnent, never did i say i was better than anyone else, check my posts again and try to show me otherwise and concerning the 'assumptions i make' i find it quite hypocritical coming from someone like you who made the assumption first that i only watched a couple of barca games and you stating that you watched 90-95% of barca match which made your opinion about sanchez more valid.
as in my previous post i have stated i have watched every practically every single barca match last season and close to every one for the past 10 years so i resent people saying that i dont watch barca and only watch for my 'precious' sanchez as you so frevioulsy put it. i love this club end of story.
think as you may the truth of the matter is i have only tried to demostrate that sanchez isn't a bad a player as you made it out to be with reliable source and evindece but you think its a personal attack on you which is not the case.

i dont know why i bother replying to your quotes if you are only going to resort to personal opinion and not be able to provide a resonable rebuttle on the topic at hand. in my posts i have merly shown evidence to my argument about sanchez being better than the shit you make him out to be. if you are just going to disregard everything that is shown in front of you and just have a personal vendetta on sanchez, me or other contributing commenteors on this forum instead of coming up with justifable reason and evidence to support your opinion about certain players then maybe you shouldn't be on a forum to begin with. thats is all.

I replyed because you were trying to shove down my throat 2 pages of information on why Alexis isn't the shity player that I see him , when based of the games that I have seen , he is . And I didn't see 2 or 3 games . Also , it's one thing to say to a person that because he overestimates Alexis way too much ,he might have seen only the good games that Alexis had rather than saying , hey ...you should watch real football rather than playing fifa to have a valid opinion about Alexis.

If it isn't a personal attack , you shouldn't say things like ,, stop playing fifa , watch real football " because to certain people this may sound like an attack.

You think that I could have a personal vendetta with a person over the Internet ? :lol:

Again , you can think that Alexis is a great player but 80% of the people on this forum would want him gone .

You can use statistics in his case but you only have to watch him play to be convinced he is not Barca material. I could care less if he would score under 10 goals per season if he would be the player Barca needs. Iniesta scores rarely but when you see him play , his scoring ability doesn't matter anymore. I don't have this feeling with Sanchez . Rather than thinking ......well , we got him for 37M , but man does he know how to play football , I think .....Oh my God he is so bad I want to kill myself.

If we would have got him for 5 M , I wouldn't care less about his performance because you can't expect much from a player who costs 5 M , but for the amount we payed for him , he should have been 10 times better .

Home of Barca Fans