Alexis Sanchez

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I agree. But, at the same time I'm a little worried. I always supported him for his qualities - his passing, not loosing the ball, of the ball movement when he drags defenders to make space for Messi etc. BUT, I would also like to see some improvement with his dribbling, shooting and that he doesn't fall to the ground to often and stay on his feet. For the price he cost us he should have more qualities.

Yes, I agree he should have more qualities, I think not even his most devoted fan can deny that...

He was alright during the first 15 minutes, then he disappeared... The thing is that I'm way much worried about our defense in general and our lack of depth in midfield than Alexis' dribbling...

Boris

This nonsense about ''the first match - not fit'' has got to stop. They're not amateurs, and I don't see any change in Alexis's way of playing. Going nowhere, doing nothing... It's how he was, it's how he is. I'm not hating, I want him to succeed but there's got to be a huge change, mainly in his head.

Direct football is much more like him, with us he's absolutely clueless.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He is unsuited to our style without a doubt. He is clearly a counter attacking player. It's still unfair to judge him on that given the circumstances though.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
This nonsense about ''the first match - not fit'' has got to stop. They're not amateurs, and I don't see any change in Alexis's way of playing. Going nowhere, doing nothing... It's how he was, it's how he is. I'm not hating, I want him to succeed but there's got to be a huge change, mainly in his head.

Direct football is much more like him, with us he's absolutely clueless.

That's why the rest of the team was as sharp as a blade, right?

Boris

That's why the rest of the team was as sharp as a blade, right?

They were all much sharper. I'm worried, he does the same thing over and over, and it has nothing to do with ''unfit''. Runs to the opp. player - stops like he's in front of a giant wall - pass back (to make it worse that's often a horizontal pass = very risky for us).

el chilenito

50 plus goal a season is ludicrous!

First of all , Tello didn't cost us 37 M . And yes , for that pricetag he should have been consistent and a much much better player . Nobody is bashing Alexis and praising Pedro , if that 's what you meant. If it were for the most people in this forum , Pedro would have been sold already.

Also , if you think people throw shit at him for no reason , you probably have watched him play only in his best games. For someone who watched 90-95% of all the games Barca played in the last 2 seasons , IMO Alexis was shit. And ending the season with double digits isn't such a hard thing to do since you have players like Iniesta-Xavi-Messi who give you sublime assists. If he was a decent player , he would have had + 50 goals so far in the last 2 seasons considering the chances Messi Xavi and Iniesta created for him.

He is not worthy of playing in this team and please , you think Messi should move on the right side so the almighty Alexis could play in the middle ? Give me a break...

he was 30 million, some of the variables were not paid, he was cheaper than freaking illarenmedi for crying out loud!!!! he even got a wage cut just to play for this team. and unlike you stated and assumed wrong, i watched every single barca match last season, even if it meant having no sleep for the next day. concerning the double digit thing pedro tello and co also have the trio of messi xavi iniesta to give assists and still didn't rank up double digits. you make it seem that goal stat is the most important thing in football and is quite easy to score which in fact it is ridicoulously hard, lmao you should stop playing fifa and watch more about what football is about if you think if a decent player is only considered after 50+ goals in 2 seasons, even david villa who is an absolute legend and spain top scorer of all time went under the 50 goal mark with an extra season in hand, he scored 48 in 3 seasons. argen robben for bayern munchin scored 36 goals in his first two season (23,13), and 32 goals(19,13) in his thrid and fourth. 50+ goals in two season is a ridicolous scoring stat. Most people assume that alexis sanchez was a goal scorer which is unjust when in fact he is a trequilista/playmaker, he thrives on making space for other team mates and passing the ball, he is the top 4 playmaker in the whole la liga in terms of key passes, he makes an assist every 4 key passes on average only behind messi and iniesta which is saying alot! http://www.fantasista10.co.uk/whos-la-ligas-most-productive-playmaker/ is the source and there is the proof. despite proving he is a playmaker and not a goalscorer, he still wanted to prove to this team and made his higest scoring season in his whole career, first season in barca with 15 goals. he tracks back and defends more than what dani alves does, he gave the most assist to messi out of anyone this season, he always finds himself in good postions and makes runs behind the defense which messi and co can exploit, he helped us at the end to the 100 point la liga record to take any dignity left of mourinho and won us the penalty against PSg in the cl, sure he missed a couple but then again finishing is not his strongpoint. plus who doesn't miss sitters? messi misses like every game, villa missed a couple of sitters, even robben missed one on one in the 2010 world cup final but are they any worse of a player? the answer is no,its all part of the game.

people put too much empasize on the front three attacking trio which is unfair, the whole team has to contribute to the scoring, the best midfielders in the world like iniesta, xavi and busquests combined have shot less than either juan mata or david silva! people expect the three up front to score a combined 100 goals, which is a 30, 40,30 goal stat. to put into perpective the top scorer in other leagues only get about 26-28 goals and these are the top scorer in their respective league, just think that there are about 100 teams in the top 5 league, 23 players per team thats 2300 players and only about 30 players go above 25 goals a season and we expect 3 of them to be in the same team and on top of that, one isn't a goalscorer ( sanchez), and the other hasn't even played one match for barca ( neymar) be able to produce those numbers every season? i sometimes wonder that the pep era has made some barca fans have unrealistic spoiled expectations for the team and look for a scapegoat when things dont go their way i.e alexis sanchez. there is a reason sanchez stole pep heart and why he got to play under tito, he adds something to the game where people who live and breathe football will understand. the coaches know it and thats all that matters.

Boris

i sometimes wonder that the pep era has made some barca fans have unrealistic spoiled expectations for the team and look for a scapegoat when things dont go their way i.e alexis sanchez. there is a reason sanchez stole pep heart and why he got to play under tito, he adds something to the game where people who live and breathe football will understand. the coaches know it and thats all that matters.

I don't think Pep or Tito were or are happy of how he turned out to be. Trough the season you could see so much face palms and depressing faces coming from the bench. They gave him a chance, and they will probably continue this season, but that's it. He's done if he doesn't wake up tomorrow and somehow becomes a better player for us. Now, he will look better with Neymar and Messi, but don't let it fool you .....

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Tata, bring this guy back
Look how skillful he is. Those mad skills, tricks, feints. Where is all this stuff?

Last edited:

CatalinR10

he was 30 million, some of the variables were not paid, he was cheaper than freaking illarenmedi for crying out loud!!!! he even got a wage cut just to play for this team. and unlike you stated and assumed wrong, i watched every single barca match last season, even if it meant having no sleep for the next day. concerning the double digit thing pedro tello and co also have the trio of messi xavi iniesta to give assists and still didn't rank up double digits. you make it seem that goal stat is the most important thing in football and is quite easy to score which in fact it is ridicoulously hard, lmao you should stop playing fifa and watch more about what football is about if you think if a decent player is only considered after 50+ goals in 2 seasons, even david villa who is an absolute legend and spain top scorer of all time went under the 50 goal mark with an extra season in hand, he scored 48 in 3 seasons. argen robben for bayern munchin scored 36 goals in his first two season (23,13), and 32 goals(19,13) in his thrid and fourth. 50+ goals in two season is a ridicolous scoring stat. Most people assume that alexis sanchez was a goal scorer which is unjust when in fact he is a trequilista/playmaker, he thrives on making space for other team mates and passing the ball, he is the top 4 playmaker in the whole la liga in terms of key passes, he makes an assist every 4 key passes on average only behind messi and iniesta which is saying alot! http://www.fantasista10.co.uk/whos-la-ligas-most-productive-playmaker/ is the source and there is the proof. despite proving he is a playmaker and not a goalscorer, he still wanted to prove to this team and made his higest scoring season in his whole career, first season in barca with 15 goals. he tracks back and defends more than what dani alves does, he gave the most assist to messi out of anyone this season, he always finds himself in good postions and makes runs behind the defense which messi and co can exploit, he helped us at the end to the 100 point la liga record to take any dignity left of mourinho and won us the penalty against PSg in the cl, sure he missed a couple but then again finishing is not his strongpoint. plus who doesn't miss sitters? messi misses like every game, villa missed a couple of sitters, even robben missed one on one in the 2010 world cup final but are they any worse of a player? the answer is no,its all part of the game.

people put too much empasize on the front three attacking trio which is unfair, the whole team has to contribute to the scoring, the best midfielders in the world like iniesta, xavi and busquests combined have shot less than either juan mata or david silva! people expect the three up front to score a combined 100 goals, which is a 30, 40,30 goal stat. to put into perpective the top scorer in other leagues only get about 26-28 goals and these are the top scorer in their respective league, just think that there are about 100 teams in the top 5 league, 23 players per team thats 2300 players and only about 30 players go above 25 goals a season and we expect 3 of them to be in the same team and on top of that, one isn't a goalscorer ( sanchez), and the other hasn't even played one match for barca ( neymar) be able to produce those numbers every season? i sometimes wonder that the pep era has made some barca fans have unrealistic spoiled expectations for the team and look for a scapegoat when things dont go their way i.e alexis sanchez. there is a reason sanchez stole pep heart and why he got to play under tito, he adds something to the game where people who live and breathe football will understand. the coaches know it and thats all that matters.

1. Nice job comparing Alexis with Pedro , who was also crap in the last 2 seasons and Tello , who didn't cost us anything and had much less playing time than Alexis.

2. You don't know me and have no ideea if I play fifa or not so cut it out with this 13 year old kid who knows everything behaviour.

3. I was not saying that a decent player needs to score 50+ goals in a season , I was saying that Alexis should have scored that amount with all the chances the others created for him.

4. You are really comparing Alexis with Messi when it comes to missing sitters ? Or Robben ?Nobody cares that Messi missed a sitter here and there since he is the type to score 91 goals in a season. Robben is a world class player who just scored the winning goal in the CL final . What did Alexis do to erase the bad impression he made after his first 2 seasons ? Nothing !

5. So , Alexis gives somerhing to football that only some people who trully know football understand it ? Give me a break , he was a failed transfer. You can defend him all day but nothing will change the fact that he is an amateur player when he plays for Barca. He could be great at another team but here he fails and flops everytime. He is a waste of 30 M.

el chilenito

rebuttle.

1. Nice job comparing Alexis with Pedro , who was also crap in the last 2 seasons and Tello , who didn't cost us anything and had much less playing time than Alexis.

2. You don't know me and have no ideea if I play fifa or not so cut it out with this 13 year old kid who knows everything behaviour.

3. I was not saying that a decent player needs to score 50+ goals in a season , I was saying that Alexis should have scored that amount with all the chances the others created for him.

4. You are really comparing Alexis with Messi when it comes to missing sitters ? Or Robben ?Nobody cares that Messi missed a sitter here and there since he is the type to score 91 goals in a season. Robben is a world class player who just scored the winning goal in the CL final . What did Alexis do to erase the bad impression he made after his first 2 seasons ? Nothing !

5. So , Alexis gives somerhing to football that only some people who trully know football understand it ? Give me a break , he was a failed transfer. You can defend him all day but nothing will change the fact that he is an amateur player when he plays for Barca. He could be great at another team but here he fails and flops everytime. He is a waste of 30 M.

lmao that was my point exactly, as bad as you claim alexis was, pedro and tello have not done better and yet they rarely get the same shit that sanchez gets, no matter if they came from la masia or whatever, the standard of how they play should have no bearing on whether we can critic them or not. if pedro or tello is playing 'just' as 'bad' as sanchez then they should receive the same critisism than sanchez and vice versa, sure they didn't cost us a fee to get but they are paid higher wages so they should be able to perform to the standard we expect from a player of la masia. the fact of the matter they all bring different things to the table and rotation is good.

on the fifa thing i merely said that because your staement of 50+ goals is possible due to his chances in two seasons is amateurise at best and only plausible in the context of fifa that is all,the rebuttle that you showed demostarates a defenseful tactic when someone cant think of anything else to say, in reality only a kid uses a quote 'you dont know me' etc to try to gain sympathy.

sanchez is not as inaffective in shooting as people make him out to be, if sanchez shot more then his goal tally would be higher, just look at c.r his shot to goal ratio is around 12% while sanchez is around the 30% mark. sanchez is more accurate than c.r in terms of his shot going into goal, but ronaldo shoots way more thats why ronaldo has more goals, sanchez barely averages just 1 shot per game while ronaldo averages 12 which is understandable given ronaldo is a striker and sanchez is a playmaker.
lets say ronaldo shoots 10 times in a match and plays 45 matches per season thats 450 shots c.r is taking and he misses 9 times out of ten he would still get over 40 goals a season. while sanchez takes 1 shot every match and plays 45 matches as well. 45 shots in the season and one shot out of every 4 goes in means he would have 11 goals. the low shot count aided by the high key pass stat that sanchez has, shows that he is much more comfortable in the playmaking role and giving assists instead of goals a.k.a his natural playmaking role, but when he does go for goal on that rare occasion there is a 25% chance that it would go in compared to 12% for ronaldo etc.
yes robben scored a final goal for the cl good for him but people can easily just bring back the times when he was bad and missed in 2010 world cup, 2011 cl, plagued by injuries as well etc but it wouldn't be fair becuase thats not seeing the whole picture of what he brings to his respective team, the same case can be said for sanchez, yes he missed a couple but people seem to forget the good things he did and only focus on the negative aspect not seeing the whole picture of what he gives to barca in term of play and tactics. F.y.i torres won a cl for crying out loud.

sanchez is not as shit playing for barca as some people people make him out to be, yes he is not playing to his world class standard but he is not a flop as well, in reality most people would see his level of playing as good with glimpses of amazing. he is not a burden on the team and does in fact make key passes, is involed in general play, and loves this club so there is justafible reason for him to be playng for barca. he is here to stay so its better to just acept it.

CatalinR10

lmao that was my point exactly, as bad as you claim alexis was, pedro and tello have not done better and yet they rarely get the same shit that sanchez gets, no matter if they came from la masia or whatever, the standard of how they play should have no bearing on whether we can critic them or not. if pedro or tello is playing 'just' as 'bad' as sanchez then they should receive the same critisism than sanchez and vice versa, sure they didn't cost us a fee to get but they are paid higher wages so they should be able to perform to the standard we expect from a player of la masia. the fact of the matter they all bring different things to the table and rotation is good.

on the fifa thing i merely said that because your staement of 50+ goals is possible due to his chances in two seasons is amateurise at best and only plausible in the context of fifa that is all,the rebuttle that you showed demostarates a defenseful tactic when someone cant think of anything else to say, in reality only a kid uses a quote 'you dont know me' etc to try to gain sympathy.

sanchez is not as inaffective in shooting as people make him out to be, if sanchez shot more then his goal tally would be higher, just look at c.r his shot to goal ratio is around 12% while sanchez is around the 30% mark. sanchez is more accurate than c.r in terms of his shot going into goal, but ronaldo shoots way more thats why ronaldo has more goals, sanchez barely averages just 1 shot per game while ronaldo averages 12 which is understandable given ronaldo is a striker and sanchez is a playmaker.
lets say ronaldo shoots 10 times in a match and plays 45 matches per season thats 450 shots c.r is taking and he misses 9 times out of ten he would still get over 40 goals a season. while sanchez takes 1 shot every match and plays 45 matches as well. 45 shots in the season and one shot out of every 4 goes in means he would have 11 goals. the low shot count aided by the high key pass stat that sanchez has, shows that he is much more comfortable in the playmaking role and giving assists instead of goals a.k.a his natural playmaking role, but when he does go for goal on that rare occasion there is a 25% chance that it would go in compared to 12% for ronaldo etc.
yes robben scored a final goal for the cl good for him but people can easily just bring back the times when he was bad and missed in 2010 world cup, 2011 cl, plagued by injuries as well etc but it wouldn't be fair becuase thats not seeing the whole picture of what he brings to his respective team, the same case can be said for sanchez, yes he missed a couple but people seem to forget the good things he did and only focus on the negative aspect not seeing the whole picture of what he gives to barca in term of play and tactics. F.y.i torres won a cl for crying out loud.

sanchez is not as shit playing for barca as some people people make him out to be, yes he is not playing to his world class standard but he is not a flop as well, in reality most people would see his level of playing as good with glimpses of amazing. he is not a burden on the team and does in fact make key passes, is involed in general play, and loves this club so there is justafible reason for him to be playng for barca. he is here to stay so its better to just acept it.

I was implying that you shouldn't make assumptions of what certain people are doing in their life when you have no ideea who those people are and didn't even met them in real life. You were saying that I should stop playing fifa and watch more football. Don't talk to me like I have no ideea what football means , like you are better than anybody else , and like you have all the football knowledge in the world, because you are not. It's not a defensful tactic and it wasn't use to gain someones sympathy because in the end , I couldn't care less about what some people around here think about me.

It doesn't matter for me that you think your precious Alexis is a world class player but for me and most of the people around this forum , his transfer was a big failed one. Sure he had a good game here and there but overall he was shit for the money we got him.

F

Flavia

he is here to stay so its better to just acept it
He is not "here to stay". He's surely not untouchable. If he doesn't perform better this season, you can be sure he'll leave.

Home of Barca Fans