Alexis Sanchez

CesDel

Ofc, because he played good its just a friendly, but it would be ok to kill him if he would have played bad in the same friendly. Want an example? look back a couple of pages when he had a bad game against a Bayern who played with most of their best players and were further in their pre-season.. :lol:

Last edited:

Ghost

Too many Sanchez fanboys on this board..

Stop acting like everyone hates him.

Pedro gets as much hate despite having 2 good seasons for us. Yes, he is not that good anymore but neither is Sanchez, which unlike Pedro, was never good for us at any point.

Good match from Sanchez even if it's just a friendly. I hope he finally shines this season. :)

CesDel

Fanboy for pointing out that the haters are hypocrites regarding friendlies?

And no way has Pedro got as much hate as Alexis. Don't get me wrong, he gets his fair share of hate, but not even close to what Alexis gets..

Pepe Silvia

And no way has Pedro got as much hate as Alexis. Don't get me wrong, he gets his fair share of hate, but not even close to what Alexis gets..
Yeah probably because Pedro has never called himself a "jugadorazo" or stripped off his shirt flexing his muscles after a goal. He kept his head down, focused on playing sharp, clinical football for 2 straight seasons and won over the Cules. Alexis has to prove himself more and continue playing like he played today... on a consistent basis. And against real competition.

Stric

Yeah probably because Pedro has never called himself a "jugadorazo" or stripped off his shirt flexing his muscles after a goal. He kept his head down, focused on playing sharp, clinical football for 2 straight seasons and won over the Cules. Alexis has to prove himself more and continue playing like he played today... on a consistent basis. And against real competition.

images

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Fanboy for pointing out that the haters are hypocrites regarding friendlies?

Spot on! Crap in the first match of pre-season against probably the best team right now = Sell because he sucks, Good performance against a crap team in pre-season = Sell because it was bad opposition... Seems like the guy can't get anything right...

You can see the very same people disregarding Alexis' decent match, are praising Messi for an also decent performance against the same opposition... And obviously we know Messi scores 70+ goals a season only against Madrid and Bayern, right? What's Alexis supposed to do? Ignore his chances just because the team in front of him is bad?

Was the opposition crap? Yes! Was Alexis perfect? No! He needs to do this more constantly AND against better opposition? Hell YES! Did Alexis play badly? No! It's like it hurts for some people to say: "Meh, he was ok"... What about Tello, who has been nowhere to be found in BOTH matches? I just find weird that people have two different measuring sticks...

He stripped his shirt once, in his first Barcelona goal ever, like two years ago, let it go already, if it was me I would have stripped my shorts too, hahahaha... The jugadorazo thing was sketchy I admit, but waaay exaggerated on this board... On your second assessment, I completely agree, consistency is a must and he must bring his A game on important matches, which we know he can do (see Madrid and Milan two seasons ago)...

oz187

we don't need him to be doing everything right against unknown team,we want him to be doing everything right against team like bayern,real.even dongou scored 2 goals.

He's scored away to Madrid, got a penalty away to PSG, got an assist at home to Milan, scored away to Atletico. You can't say he hasn't performed against stronger teams. Nor has he played in every big game.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Inconsistent as he's been over the past year or two, he's certainly upped his performances recently. If anything the Bayern friendly was a bad example in terms of assessing how good he is, none of our forwards got any service, even Messi looked fairly uninvolved. We'll see how good he does with fully fit starters next to him to balance things out and put the team on a higher level. He shouldn't get as much crap as he does, he adds to the team without taking much away.

A

Athletic

The Bayern game was a better benchmark than the game against a team I've never heard of. Despite having bad service you could see that when playing against decent opponents he lost the ball literally every single time. That's nothing to do with having bad service, but rather with being bad in general.

raskolnikov

Alexis seems less anxious when Messi is not on the pitch.

He is intimidated by Messi, think about it.
How many times was he in a shooting position yet decided to let Messi take care of the chance by passing it, passing it rather than take initative and dribble.
Sometimes he tries, fails and then will continue to stick to passing the ball quickly.
His best games last season were when Messi wasnt playing, then all of a sudden he isnt missing one on ones constantly and tries way more things.

Pedro often is like this as well, thats why he scores more for Spain than Barca, Affelay before his injury did the same, being intimidated and just happy with a completed pass, a month later he was bossing it with great actions with the Dutch national team.
The only one who actually isnt intimidated in attack is Tello (Villa wasnt either).

you see it in the national team as well, Higuain gives Messi passes I have never seen him give to Cristiano, Aguero or Di Maria don't do this.
I think Neymar won't either cause he has a lot of confidence in his own abilities.
Its not Messi's fault of course, unlike what Marca likes us to believe he isnt demanding that everyone pass the ball to him.
Its just that he actually is a jugadorazo and a very safe choice for finishing chances when you are low on confidence and/or intimidated.

CesDel

He said that because everyone was criticizing him, so he was only defending himself. He also said that he didn't have a good season, but that doesn't interest you, right?

Trickykid

Spot on! Crap in the first match of pre-season against probably the best team right now = Sell because he sucks, Good performance against a crap team in pre-season = Sell because it was bad opposition... Seems like the guy can't get anything right...

You can see the very same people disregarding Alexis' decent match, are praising Messi for an also decent performance against the same opposition... And obviously we know Messi scores 70+ goals a season only against Madrid and Bayern, right? What's Alexis supposed to do? Ignore his chances just because the team in front of him is bad?

Was the opposition crap? Yes! Was Alexis perfect? No! He needs to do this more constantly AND against better opposition? Hell YES! Did Alexis play badly? No! It's like it hurts for some people to say: "Meh, he was ok"... What about Tello, who has been nowhere to be found in BOTH matches? I just find weird that people have two different measuring sticks...

He stripped his shirt once, in his first Barcelona goal ever, like two years ago, let it go already, if it was me I would have stripped my shorts too, hahahaha... The jugadorazo thing was sketchy I admit, but waaay exaggerated on this board... On your second assessment, I completely agree, consistency is a must and he must bring his A game on important matches, which we know he can do (see Madrid and Milan two seasons ago)...

Dude, marry me!

CesDel

+1 :beer2:

Home of Barca Fans