Alexis Sanchez

Gohan

Super Saiyan
He is intimidated by Messi, think about it.
How many times was he in a shooting position yet decided to let Messi take care of the chance by passing it, passing it rather than take initative and dribble.
Sometimes he tries, fails and then will continue to stick to passing the ball quickly.
His best games last season were when Messi wasnt playing, then all of a sudden he isnt missing one on ones constantly and tries way more things.

Pedro often is like this as well, thats why he scores more for Spain than Barca, Affelay before his injury did the same, being intimidated and just happy with a completed pass, a month later he was bossing it with great actions with the Dutch national team.
The only one who actually isnt intimidated in attack is Tello (Villa wasnt either).

you see it in the national team as well, Higuain gives Messi passes I have never seen him give to Cristiano, Aguero or Di Maria don't do this.
I think Neymar won't either cause he has a lot of confidence in his own abilities.
Its not Messi's fault of course, unlike what Marca likes us to believe he isnt demanding that everyone pass the ball to him.
Its just that he actually is a jugadorazo and a very safe choice for finishing chances when you are low on confidence and/or intimidated.

I totally 110% agree on your first part, but Messi not demanding balls?

Isn't there a video where Messi goes all nuts on Villa because he didn't pass the ball but shot it himself. That kind off shows the situation

CesDel

I totally 110% agree on your first part, but Messi not demanding balls?

Isn't there a video where Messi goes all nuts on Villa because he didn't pass the ball but shot it himself. That kind off shows the situation

Nothing unusual about that, happens all the time in every sport. IIRC Deco and Ronaldinho used to do it to Messi, and its a well known fact that they were best of friends..

Meitux

Still Messi shouldn't lose it.. I have seen a couple of time where could easily pass the ball but he wants to dribble like 5-7 man
Well Messi is not the most unselfish,the good thing is that he is capable of beating so many players and score.It doesn't work everytime but it does for him mostly.

Birdy

We should sell, because we will sell someday sooner or later...

He runs a lot, he presses, he tries. No question about that, no one can accuse him of laziness..
BUT he is of poor quality on the ball.. Its frustrating to see him unable to do the most basic stuff, like taking his space, like keeping the ball for a few minutes..
When facing opponent, he will always turn his back and backpass if he manages (bcz the defenders get there first many times)...

There is no comparison with Pedro. Pedro might be in poor form for 2 seasons now, but Pedro's poor form > than what Alexis has demonstrated in total..
Pedro can keep the ball some minutes, even when unable to dribble or penetrate..

raskolnikov

Still Messi shouldn't lose it.. I have seen a couple of time where could easily pass the ball but he wants to dribble like 5-7 man
He is not unselfish nor selfish, only game last season where he was really selfish was the celta game when he just became a father. For the rest last season only a few moments like when he was chasing gerd muller and got injured against Benfica.

CesDel

If Pedro's poor form> Alexis, then how come since Alexiscame to Barca he has more assist + goals than Pedro, even though he has played less?

Pepe Silvia

On your second assessment, I completely agree, consistency is a must and he must bring his A game on important matches, which we know he can do (see Madrid and Milan two seasons ago)...
Truth is I don't have the same faith that you express when you say 'which we know he can' because he has never, ever played consistent football for Barcelona. I have seen him perform poorly on far more occasions than anything else, and that's the impression that he leaves for me still. Not of hope, but of inevitable blunders based on his career with Barca so far. I don't know that he can succeed here anymore, but I hope he proves me wrong this season and somehow plays consistent top-tier football for the sake of the team. I won't hold my breath.

nebeer

Love is All
Reportedly Napoli want to sign Alexis and are willing to give 20 million. If it's true, should we consider?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Keep him for another season. He had good form towards the end of last season and I think Martino is exactly the type of manager to get the best out of him.

If it doesn't work out, sell. But not for that much. He's worth 25 million.

Home of Barca Fans