Alexis Sanchez

serghei

And I still can't believe that Messi is actually chasing the ball and in a pre-season friendly at that. That shot from the goalkeeper which almost killed Neymar was a direct result of Messi pressing like a madman. Guess he can't disobey an Argentinian coach or the press in Argentina won't be positive for him. Smart move to appoint Tata. :worthy:

I, for one, was displeased to see Messi in energy-saving mode quite often last season. I would like him not to win Ballon d'Or this year, just to make sure he understands that it's his hard work that brought him where he is now. Talent alone doesn't cut it.

F

Flavia

The only one to play the whole game, today he wasn't as good as he had been previously.

Kerrybai

So the question remains, Sanchez or Pedro in the starting 11? Last year was painful watching both players play so poorly. The pre season has been promising but in reality we have had zero competition. I just hope our new coach recognises that neither player is a natural winger, but more of an inside forward.

A

Athletic

Why insist on the 4-3-3 play with 2 strikers sigh

Something like:
Neymar - Messi
------ Cesc
Iniesta - Xavi
----- Busi
useless defence here
----- Valdes

Last edited:

Jaykob

Why insist on the 4-3-3 play with 2 strikers sigh

Something like:
Neymar - Messi
------ Cesc
Iniesta - Xavi
----- Busi
useless defence here
----- Valdez

Fullbacks are the only source of with with this formation , and they will get overloaded when playing two against one down the flanks against the opposition wingers and fullbacks

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Not enough width, it'd either force Messi and Neymar too far wide to have a good contribution or push Alba/Alves too far forward and be neglectful of their defensive duties like last season.

A

Athletic

As if they aren't going to push too far forward in the 1st place. You can insist on playing the same formation over and over again, but other teams have it figured out. That formation was just a quick example on the top of my head, I'm sure there's better ones that get the most out of all our players.

Jadentheman

Even though teams are figured out the flaws 4-3-3 is still the best formation for our team.

If we deviate from that Neymar and Messi might be less effective up front.

Meitux

It doesn't have to do with formation really. It has to do with tactics and way of playing. Before our full backs pushed forward but our wingers still didn't involve much in the game or make moves throught the center and stayed in the line,so it didn't make big of difference really. There wasn't anyone in the box or around to create danger. Right now with Tata our wingers make better movements and invole much more in the game. That gives space for full backs to exploit the way and bomb forward, but instead not stay there the whole time.

Last edited:

Jaykob

There is nothing to figure out, all formations have their strenghts and weaknesses, what matters is choosing a formation that suits the players which are at the disposal best, and that is without a doubt 433 451 4141 or whatever you want to call it

CatalinR10

Poll: "Who should play alongside Messi and Neymar against Levante?" Alexis 48% - Pedro 39% - Tello 13% #fcblive (online, 567 votes) [md]

The GOATorazo has been chosen !

Home of Barca Fans