Alexis Sanchez

F

Flavia

Alexis: "I didn't yet show all I can at Barça, due to a lack of confidence. Sometimes I want to go too fast." [la tercera]

Sounding like a broken record to me...

Ursegor

World Champion
Unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the mentality for a club like Barca. His third season and still feels intimidated by the ocassion. Shame because on paper he's exactly the right winger we need.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Everytime I open this thread it's like I'm reading the same page over and over again. Great work ethic, he does everything right blah blah blah... BUT ....

...you know the rest.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I have this strange hope in Alexis. But I can't hide my dissatisfaction. Not enough... just not quite enough. When will you get there my boy.

J

jiopi

Everytime I open this thread it's like I'm reading the same page over and over again. Great work ethic, he does everything right blah blah blah... BUT ....

...you know the rest.
So, why give him grief when he's best in his position?

Chainsaw

Killahead
So, why give him grief when he's best in his position?

I just think using the words "best" and "Alexis" in the same line is a reason for further heated debates going into circles in this thread. He's not even best at diving (unfortunately).

F

Flavia

I think the club should make him have some psychotherapy sessions. It wouldn't hurt, and maybe help him with his confidence issues.

Vapor

He played fine, this would have been nice goal though.

Team%20Ajax.gif
See, with a truly world class striker, we finish this chance and score a beautiful team goal. This is the big problem with Sanchez.

I agree with the psychotherapy idea. We were talking about that last year too. I really don't know what it is with him though, why such the low confidence. He really just doesn't seem to have the mentality needed to play at one of the best clubs in the world. He can't seem to just relax. "I always want to go too fast", he says. That's the thing. He needs to slow down and get more still on the inside... if he was more natural and relaxed, he wouldn't rush and miss his chances all the time. But so far he just can't seem to get it together.

I say if he can't get it together and start really performing by the end of this season, we let him go. We've given him plenty of time and chances, he has all the potential to be great with us, but if he can't get over himself and have the strong confident mentality he needs to be a strong player, he's just taking up space.

barcanuck

The fact that he keeps saying in the media he needs to improve, he can do more, he gives himself a 4, he is a jugadorazo is what pisses me off. Do you see any of our players constantly bringing this stuff up? The guy thinks lowly of himself makes his mental state fragile. Love it when he contributes, can't stand it when he chokes away chances.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He says he needs to improve and he's wrong, he says he is a great player and he's wrong too, maybe next time he can try saying he's average and that he hopes everything stays the same, right?

F

Flavia

He says he needs to improve and he's wrong, he says he is a great player and he's wrong too, maybe next time he can try saying he's average and that he hopes everything stays the same, right?

The problem is he keeps saying those things, and the self pity. That's his 3rd season, he really shouldn't have confidence issues anymore. He really should see a shrink.

Home of Barca Fans