Alexis Sanchez

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Just for the sake of it:

1381883536_extras_albumes_0.jpg

kostasgtc

You made little sense untill you showed that favoritism to Tello. You don't seem to realize the Barcelona system. Neymar & Messi upfront and the other winger is a hard worker.
Sanchez brings us that workrate + many extras. He is doing well, that is true. And if he keeps playing like this I would prefer no other winger in the world above Sanchez.
+1.
its a nonsencense even ti discuss it.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
You made little sense untill you showed that favoritism to Tello. You don't seem to realize the Barcelona system. Neymar & Messi upfront and the other winger is a hard worker.
Sanchez brings us that workrate + many extras. He is doing well, that is true. And if he keeps playing like this I would prefer no other winger in the world above Sanchez.

Alexis has been playing extremely well of late, there is no doubt. I'd actually go as far as to say he will get even better still with more confidence and playing time. However, the fact remains Alexis is not the ideal player for that wing, on this team.

Barca's midfield is creative and outstanding at game control, however Barca's midfield is not a scoring midfield. None of the players are proficient at scoring from a midfield position, save Fabregas. With this in mind, Barca needs scoring forwards much more than they need creative and play building forwards.
It would be ideal if they had forwards that could do both, like the genius Messi does, and like Neymar is perhaps close to becoming, however Sanchez is not, at this point.
His nice goal scoring form of late is perhaps a sign of changes to come, however I still feel he is not a natural goal scorer, and perhaps he'll never become one.

This is why Pedro fits so well. He is a scoring forward, and even though he is not great nor world class, merely good, he still is able to shine at Barca.

Tello hasn't really shown to be in any of the two categories. He is not particularly a creative forward, even though he has shown to be a capable crosser; nor has he shown to be a particularly adept scorer. IMO Tello would be better suited to an open style league like the EPL or Seria A, where he can better exploit his speed and crossing ability. There is where he should go, be it sold or loaned, and then perhaps we can find if he ever becomes a better scorer.

KhaledBarca

Alexis keeps on improving his personal record for the number of goals in a calendar year with (20) in 2013 [Previous record: 17 in 2011].

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Alexis has been playing extremely well of late, there is no doubt. I'd actually go as far as to say he will get even better still with more confidence and playing time. However, the fact remains Alexis is not the ideal player for that wing, on this team.

Barca's midfield is creative and outstanding at game control, however Barca's midfield is not a scoring midfield. None of the players are proficient at scoring from a midfield position, save Fabregas. With this in mind, Barca needs scoring forwards much more than they need creative and play building forwards.
It would be ideal if they had forwards that could do both, like the genius Messi does, and like Neymar is perhaps close to becoming, however Sanchez is not, at this point.
His nice goal scoring form of late is perhaps a sign of changes to come, however I still feel he is not a natural goal scorer, and perhaps he'll never become one.

This is why Pedro fits so well. He is a scoring forward, and even though he is not great nor world class, merely good, he still is able to shine at Barca.

Tello hasn't really shown to be in any of the two categories. He is not particularly a creative forward, even though he has shown to be a capable crosser; nor has he shown to be a particularly adept scorer. IMO Tello would be better suited to an open style league like the EPL or Seria A, where he can better exploit his speed and crossing ability. There is where he should go, be it sold or loaned, and then perhaps we can find if he ever becomes a better scorer.

Great post! And you're 100% right.

But, don't you think getting another Neymar alike winger on that right wing would do us any good? Sanchez is no Neymar or Messi.
Sanchez plays in service of them both, for example in the CL it is Alexis that drives into to the inside and occupies the centre-backs so Messi can find that little space.
You see that Pedro Is indeed a goalscorer but if once he is being marked he can't do anything, that is why sometimes he scores you braces and hattricks and other matches he is completely invisible. Hence why our last years CL campain wasn't the best.

Villa who was a glimpse of his old self, Pedro who you can't always count on and a Sanchez who had confidence problems. <- Last year.

This year we have Neymar, who can create and score. We have Messi, of course that speaks for it self. Then we have Sanchez he is there mainly for the workrate.

Believe me his goals will come, he is top 10 in the world when it comes down to goal+assists in 2013.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Great post! And you're 100% right.

But, don't you think getting another Neymar alike winger on that right wing would do us any good? Sanchez is no Neymar or Messi.
Sanchez plays in service of them both, for example in the CL it is Alexis that drives into to the inside and occupies the centre-backs so Messi can find that little space.
You see that Pedro Is indeed a goalscorer but if once he is being marked he can't do anything, that is why sometimes he scores you braces and hattricks and other matches he is completely invisible. Hence why our last years CL campain wasn't the best.

Villa who was a glimpse of his old self, Pedro who you can't always count on and a Sanchez who had confidence problems. <- Last year.

This year we have Neymar, who can create and score. We have Messi, of course that speaks for it self. Then we have Sanchez he is there mainly for the workrate.

Believe me his goals will come, he is top 10 in the world when it comes down to goal+assists in 2013.

I like Sanchez as a player, a lot, and I was even a supporter of him when he was not playing as well as he is right now. However I've also said it from the beginning, Sanchez is not the type of forward player Barca needs. They need scoring forwards.
You accept players like Neymar, who are not prodigious scorers right now, because they have such wonderful potential, however you need scorers for this team.

Sanchez would be a infinitely better fit in Barca if they did not have Messi, and Sanchez was then the lone creative forward with freedom paired with other scoring forwards. Then he would excel like he does for Chile. However Barca does have Messi, who is superior to Sanchez in all aspects, so that makes Sanchez don the cape of scorer instead. Now they even have Neymar, to further drive Alexis into this pure scorer role he is not suited.
This is why Alexis struggled at the beginning. He cannot play they way he is best suited because this team already has a player who is better at it than him, now they have two. So he tried to be a scorer instead, and that does not come naturally to him. He is adapting a little bit, and Tata has a lot to do with him because he has told Alexis to just play freely and instinctual, which is what he knows to do.

I think for instance, a player like Marco Reus would fit this team a lot more than Sanchez.

kostasgtc

I like Sanchez as a player, a lot, and I was even a supporter of him when he was not playing as well as he is right now. However I've also said it from the beginning, Sanchez is not the type of forward player Barca needs. They need scoring forwards.
You accept players like Neymar, who are not prodigious scorers right now, because they have such wonderful potential, however you need scorers for this team.

Sanchez would be a infinitely better fit in Barca if they did not have Messi, and Sanchez was then the lone creative forward with freedom paired with other scoring forwards. Then he would excel like he does for Chile. However Barca does have Messi, who is superior to Sanchez in all aspects, so that makes Sanchez don the cape of scorer instead. Now they even have Neymar, to further drive Alexis into this pure scorer role he is not suited.
This is why Alexis struggled at the beginning. He cannot play they way he is best suited because this team already has a player who is better at it than him, now they have two. So he tried to be a scorer instead, and that does not come naturally to him. He is adapting a little bit, and Tata has a lot to do with him because he has told Alexis to just play freely and instinctual, which is what he knows to do.

I think for instance, a player like Marco Reus would fit this team a lot more than Sanchez.
mainly i disagree with you but the way u put things ,u maybe have a point.
BUT consider that messi ,again maybe, will never be able to play 60-70 games per year.same goes for pedro.
IMO right now alexis is more than valuable for the team and it no worth it to tranfer him.
no way.

barca1899

Alexis: "This doesn't stop with the qualification for the World Cup. I want to become world champion." [via sport]

Jugadorazo :worthy:

serghei

This version of Sanchez is perfect for us. We don't need another Neymar on the right. Alexis skills in 1 vs 1 have always been underrated here. Because of his problems in the second year with us, people rushed to question his abilities and himself as a player. But they didn't really look into what was bothering Alexis. I watched Alexis closely in many matches and I can say he's a public menace when in top form. Make no mistake, Alexis is world class. The problem appears when world class players underperform constantly, that's when a change is clearly needed, not necessarily because of the player, but maybe because the team-player connection isn't working the way everyone expects to work. But Tata Martino, somehow, has drawn Alexis from the dark and brought him back in the spotlight. If he does that with Pique too, he's a great manager already.

Alexis shows that spark, explosion and sharpness only Messi has. If he keeps that he'd be massive for us in the future. I mean really massive.

kostasgtc

This version of Sanchez is perfect for us. We don't need another Neymar on the right. Alexis skills in 1 vs 1 have always been underrated here. Because of his problems in the second year with us, people rushed to question his abilities and himself as a player. But they didn't really look into what was bothering Alexis. I watched Alexis closely in many matches and I can say he's a public menace when in top form. Make no mistake, Alexis is world class. The problem appears when world class players underperform constantly, that's when a change is clearly needed, not necessarily because of the player, but maybe because the team-player connection isn't working the way everyone expects to work. But Tata Martino, somehow, has drawn Alexis from the dark and brought him back in the spotlight. If he does that with Pique too, he's a great manager already.

Alexis shows that spark, explosion and sharpness only Messi has. If he keeps that he'd be massive for us in the future. I mean really massive.
:beer2:

Home of Barca Fans