Alexis Sanchez

misterplatin

i tend to agree despite the numpers say the opposite.if i want to go futher i would say that this may happen becauss we are much more carefull in defence this year despite again the numpers say the opposite

Kostasgtc I am talking about the same numbers about Shots.per.game on whoscored.com .You can clearly see that Barca rank 25 or something like that in terms of shots on goal.However our shots on target are better because we somehow tend to hit target more often than teams like RealMadrid ,Bayern.Still total shots with which a goalkeeper is tested are less than other top teams .Alex and Pedro get even smaller share of those shots.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
+1

This is the reason why the coach is happy with both Pedro and Alexis, even tho they are not scoring themselves. I was checking whoscored.com the other day, don't know how accurate the stats on their site are, but it had Alexis with only 7 shots this season. Pedro didn't have that much more either. Even tho they are forwards that live off goals, their primary game-plan isn't to score, but to help Barca Win, i.e. score. As long as they are willing to work hard, pressing high, creating space, primarily for Messi, the Coach will be pleased with them.

The key for them is to not be wasteful when they do get their chances. It is a tough role to play, But if that is Tito's way, then you can understand why he is likely keen on keeping Alexis, for it is difficult to find forwards who are willing to play that role.

Spot on!

And congrats to Alexis on his birthday!

X

xaviniesta

happy birthday alexis the sexmaschine.

sanchez-alexis-120115.jpg

kostasgtc

Kostasgtc I am talking about the same numbers about Shots.per.game on whoscored.com .You can clearly see that Barca rank 25 or something like that in terms of shots on goal.However our shots on target are better because we somehow tend to hit target more often than teams like RealMadrid ,Bayern.Still total shots with which a goalkeeper is tested are less than other top teams .Alex and Pedro get even smaller share of those shots.

nothing to disagree.

X

xaviniesta

he is the best player in the world. in terms of taking away defenders from messi.

Trickykid

I'll keep defending Alexis for as long as I can justify it, but with performances like this one, he's really making it awfully hard. What a mess he was out there tonight.

But I still believe...

mobster_1930

Why admins are deleting my posts ? Alexis is totally useless right now,we have much more superior player in Tello. We didn't gave Ibra second chance, I don't see a point in giving Alexis any more chances while he is playing on this level. He is completely abysmal this season.

X

xaviniesta

I'll keep defending Alexis for as long as I can justify it, but with performances like this one, he's really making it awfully hard. What a mess he was out there tonight.

But I still believe...

it was nothing different of his earlier performances. great in overal, awful with his finishing. take it or leave it.

Trickykid

it was nothing different of his earlier performances. great in overal, awful with his finishing. take it or leave it.

I disagree. In my eyes this was possibly his worst performance of the season so far. I won't even mention his finishing, but he just looked so terribly out of sync with the rest of the team.

F

Flavia

He was better than pedro, but it doesn't mean much. I'd still try starting Tello and Villa, just to see how it goes.

lessthanjake

Why admins are deleting my posts ? Alexis is totally useless right now,we have much more superior player in Tello. We didn't gave Ibra second chance, I don't see a point in giving Alexis any more chances while he is playing on this level. He is completely abysmal this season.

Not giving Ibra a chance is different. Ibra didn't work out because he didn't fit the system. He never would have, so there was no reason to try it for longer. Alexis fits the system; he's just not scoring that much. Again, though, he has only shot like 10 times this season or something shockingly low like that.

mobster_1930

Alexis sucks right now, and big time. He is injury prone, when he's fit he is playing awfully, he can't pass a single defender, he can't score a goal, he can't assist, his first touch is awful. I don't see a point of him being in starting eleven I really don't. He should be benched, not Villa.

Home of Barca Fans