Alexis Sanchez

GiantKiller

All you Messi fanboys who obsess over Messi's individual stats should have loved the job Alexis did today, but it's obvious certain posters here will find any reason to hate over Alexis. no80s is the only guy speaking logic here right now. Alexis AND Pedro should not be starting at the same time because they have effectively the same role right now. But it's helping Messi.

Didn't you know? He's 'only' helping Messi score. That's it really.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'm not gonna say alexis is pure shit but come on what does he bring to the team that enables him to warrant a starting position THIS often.
Pedro has more than plenty off the ball movement to occupy defenders and he brings in a huge workrate.
Tello has raw speed that allows him to be unpredictable.
Villa also does lure away defenders and occupy them because he is a big scoring threat and is a great finisher.
Cuenca has his pinpoint crosses and calm mentality to boast.

And they all have a fairly impressive dribbling ability. What does Alexis bring to the table. He's clumsy and has no balance whatsoever, he dives, he can't control a ball for his life, He stunts all barcelona attacks by trying too quickly or too hard, and he loses possession way too much, and he can't finish. Once in a while he does something right and makes a decent pass or beats a defender but i'm pretty sure thats not why he's supposed to be playing. I'm not gonna say he's extremely horrible because it takes some level of talent to be making regular starts for Barcelona. However he gets playing time handed to him way too much when players like Villa, Tello, Deulofeu, and Cuenca work their asses off and get results for no recognition.

Obviously barca is doing amazing right now so it's not a huge point of concern. But think about it, Barca are starting the knockout stages of the CL soon and thats a time when they should strive to correct every possible mistake and leave no mercy for the opposition. Especially if messi were to possibly pick up an injury. In the league, we can handle a loss or something because we have a huge lead to fall back on. In cup competitions, one loss makes a huge difference. And I'd rather have our attack be devastating on all fronts instead of cutting loose on a few ends. The opposition team should fear every one of our players that step on the pitch and at the moment Alexis isn't one of them. He could pick up form and become a team star but until then, he can't be protected like an innocent child for playing bad.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
I don't mind playing Sanchez all the time at the moment, it means that our other forwards (Villa, Pedro, Tello, Cuenca, even Deulofeu) can be rotated and kept fresh before the crunch games, where Sanchez MUST be dropped.

Pepe Silvia

If you are not praising Alexis falling all over the place, running around like a headless chicken, and misplacing passes (not even gonna mention his god awful scoring rate this season) you are a spoiled fan. What kind of backwards ass logic is that? :lol:

Oh you high and mighty Barcelona fans. You are sooooo cool. :rolleyes:

F

Flavia

Nolan: let me share a well-know fact with you...

the majority of modern day fans are spoilt petty children. moreover, this affects how certain players are valued within the club. apparently it's the stats that matter, despite of us being 16 points clear of RM, having a 6 point difference between Atleti, scoring loads and playing well.

I think Villa being benched for Alexis/Pedro is the main issue with everyone.

Richard.H

If you are not praising Alexis falling all over the place, running around like a headless chicken, and misplacing passes (not even gonna mention his god awful scoring rate this season) you are a spoiled fan. What kind of backwards ass logic is that? :lol:

Thank you.

It's pathetic how some members here feel superior to others because they think they are so cool by not criticizing and always praising the players, even if they play like shiit. I bet if we were 16 points ahead and Oleguer was still a Barca starter, the same members who whine about spoiled fans would say how great of a player he is.

This is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinions as long as it doesn't offend anyone.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't mind playing Sanchez all the time at the moment, it means that our other forwards (Villa, Pedro, Tello, Cuenca, even Deulofeu) can be rotated and kept fresh before the crunch games, where Sanchez MUST be dropped.

See that is a logical statement. However its the people who praise alexis for singlehandedly embarrasing the attack whom i dont understand. I mean giving him a chunk of playing time in some lower-tier games is alright but i don't want to see him on the field in something like a CL semifinal if he plays like this.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
I think Villa being benched for Alexis/Pedro is the main issue with everyone.

At least that should BE the problem, as playing both Alexis and Pedro simultaneously negates the whole purpose of having them on the team. Villa should've been starting instead one or the other of the two.

GiantKiller

Well, most of the claims are greatly exaggerated or completely inaccurate. Also, I don't think anyone here has been called a 'spoiled fan' just because he/she is 'not praising' Alexis.

That said, I don't have a problem with anyones' opinions. :)

Pepe Silvia

Pedro had a half decent game today (he really did). He should have done way better on that header from Alves (Messi missed one from Alves too come to think of it) but Pedro's position was pretty effective, and his passing was not bad. He made himself readily available and tracked back effectively.

Sanchez on the other hand was an embarrassment.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya

I don't think its too ambiguous that when you have gross exaggerations being made, people respond with equally gross exaggerations just to prove a point. Alexis has been quite off his game in terms of scoring and it seems that even the last shreds of his confidence have gone to tatters. He still manages to assist quite a bit, but I would fancy him scoring instead.

Really hope he sorts himself out over the Christmas break, as having an additional goal threat wouldn't be too bad of a thing.

Last edited:
E

estranged

Thank you.

It's pathetic how some members here feel superior to others because they think they are so cool by not criticizing and always praising the players, even if they play like shiit. I bet if we were 16 points ahead and Oleguer was still a Barca starter, the same members who whine about spoiled fans would say how great of a player he is.

This is a forum and everyone is entitled to their opinions as long as it doesn't offend anyone.

Nobody thinks not crticising a player at any cost is cool or makes you a better fan, but what annoys people are how gloryhunters are never objective. Is Alexis a problem for Barca right now? What about Pedro and Villa? It's not as black and white as some people think it is. You can't just remove Alexis and expect the new guy to score 20+ a season as long as Messi is there. Don't you think Messi's presence has something to do with Alexis/Villa/Pedro suddenly losing confidence and becoming shit? Should we blame those players for that? Not really. Should we blame Messi for that? Not really. This is a system (over reliance on Messi, if you want to call it that) that's most beneficial to Barcelona right now and makes Barca a stronger team. Getting rid of Alexis and splashing 50 million on Kun or some other star with an ego thrice the size of Alexis' won't cure any pains or make us a better team (as history has shown us cough*zlatan*cough) if anything it'll destabilise us. Hence why some people get offended by gloryhuntyers' constant bitching. If you deal with fans of other clubs, and observe the way they treat their players when they're having a bad patch, you instantly see a prevalence of bigotry, intolerance and over expectation among Barca fans on this forum in comparison to most other fans of other clubs, that's what annoys me most. And no, I'm not trying to sound intelligent or cool.

GiantKiller

Pedro had a half decent game today (he really did). He should have done way better on that header from Alves (Messi missed one from Alves too come to think of it) butPedro's position was pretty effective, and his passing was not bad. He made himself readily available and tracked back effectively.

Sanchez on the other hand was an embarrassment.

Well, you see. That's exactly the point I was trying to make in my previous post. Alexis was statistically the better passer in this game and, in my opinion, Alexis isn't half bad when it comes to doing the underlined parts. :)

So, I don't see how Alexis was an embarrassment.

Home of Barca Fans