Alexis Sanchez

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
You're making him out to be like Dzeko, a pure tap-in machine with nothing else, when in reality he also has amazing workrate, good dribbling, good passing, and has scored some pretty amazing goals. Has he had a handful of fail moments? Sure. Are those the outliers as opposed to the norm? In my eyes, yes.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Stole the ball, kept it, what an amazing workrate. What then?
Received a beautiful throughball and couldn't shot... typical Alexis :lol:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I can't remember the last time I loved and hated a player at the same time like I do with Alexis.

Haha, sums up my thoughts well :) He can do wonderful stuff one second and the next just f*ck it up like a division 4 player from Sweden - and he does this almost every match :lol: But his work rate is always 110%, and we need those playere to make a team.

Galning

He can't even score one-on-ones against outfield players... so frustrating

If that was a regular keeper he probably would've scored. He chipped the goalie but he just kept standing up whereas 99% of the keepers would've gone down :lol: tough luck for Alexis.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
That was a funny play because he did everything right, from the run to the control to the lob attempt, but yeah their lack of a real keeper might have had an impact...

However, I still think he should have done better because we need to put away those kind of chances...

FC B

hm..

i may have been dumb but first i would go as far as assuming many people on boards on the net don't have much experience in the game. by much i mean at a high enough level to have learned just basics and that most people are spectators that have opinions they have gathered from watching games and reading odd articles and posts.

now... i realize i was stupid. it may be much worse than that even. that most people on these boards are less than that, they haven't even watched much in their lives and base most opinions on trending topics in articles and boards, gifs, youtube vids...

people on here that alexis is a bad footballer or not good enough for a top club or even barca are literally against every coach at top level, you guys do get this right? Pep likes him, Tito likes him, Tata and Bielsa like him. Not to mention in Italy and England how many teams wanted and want him. He was pep's hand picked signing, remember.

19 goals and 15 assists with at least a dozen games to go. plus, a defensive pressing contribution not matched by anyone in forward line or midfield (other than busi)

You got many of us wrong mate, Alexis isn't a bad footballer but is not for this position in this system of Barca imo and I've read a bit of this thread already and I'm not the only one seeing that. Most of you speak only of this first part of the season when he was by his standards absolutely brilliant but hey there are way more "halfs" of season since he joined the club and didn't deliver, at all and when was clearly under par by all means no matter how we put it and no matter how much you love him or not.

Today he got few minutes but he managed not beat a field player who played as a goalie on two separate attempts, his finishing is not good enough though he occasionally manages wonder goals like against rm this season.

I respect the guy a lot and I really think its not how you and others put it that he got credit from all those managers, he only really started to get credit from this season when he first proved he is a good player that can be useful to Barca!

Why the high horse attitude only now when he is performing well? why not last year when everyone was cursing him out wanting him out of Barcelona cause he couldnt score 1 liga goal until the second half of the season?
Sanchez isnt a bad player but why now when he scored a bunch of tap ins and has performed well his bad first touch, always falling down and bad dribbling gets a pass?

I guess everyone is an idiot for calling Chygrynski a misfit just cause Pep thought he was Nesta at one point? everyone makes mistakes. By the same logic Mourinho doesnt know fuck all about football cause he didnt play toplevel while Maradona must be a genius cause he was on the pitch...

Alexis is doing well this season statistically but his overall play still has flaws in it that are covered up by people now cause of his stats. Look at Cristiano for example, every game nowdays he plays terrible and is nowhere near Messi or even Suarez or Iniesta when it comes to playing football, yet the headlines read "superb Ronaldo blasts Real past Elche!" "Ronaldo to the rescue against Atletico!", it creates a wrong reality.
You will notice this in the future as well when people will rate Özil or Mata over Iniesta cause they gave more assists while we all know who the superior player of this era was.

I'm on the fence when it comes to Alexis staying, he could easily hit a bad run and not score again til November, it seems when you score goals people forget he is this player as well. (By the way, I obviously hope I am wrong and he scores b2b hattricks from now on of course;))

I agree. Good post.
Btw what Pep told Alexis in that vid, can't understand.

I dont want to imagine what would be here if alexis missed neymar's chance. Haters

Hey bro, is this your mama's forum or why do you make people here haters ? Or is this Alexis fan club and we can't politely express our thoughts with goods or bads ?

Can't you see we are Barca fans trying to talk constructively here ?

Last edited:

FC B

I agree but for me haters are those who love players unconditionally and subjectively as well as those how constantly bash their favorites opponents from the squad, that's the same. I've read many posts from back and that's the conclusion I came to with no reserves.

You know people have highly different perceptions about reality, about managers, officials, players, systems of play, etc. and it is very unfortunate to tag people as haters, trolls, stupids, jerks, etc JUST because they disagree with our convictions. I militate for the unity of the supporters of Barca on this forum ex. if you make me troll because I don't like your favorite player, I'll call you amateur / stupid, etc, and what can we gain from this childish fight except bans or hatred ?

Lets say openly what we think and accept each others opinions without attacking persons / users but IDEAS and this in a nice and decent manner. Isn't that what it should be like for a constructive purpose ?

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Btw what Pep told Alexis in that vid, can't understand.

That was on Alexis' first season here and he injured himself by trying to get to a ball he would never reach, if I'm not mistaken... So Alexis said: "La concha de mi madre", which I won't translate literally but it's a curse chileans make when something goes wrong, so Pep used that same expression to tell Alexis that he had just let him down... At the end Pep said: "90 minutes, use your head!" telling Alexis he should learn to pace himself especially since we were up in the scoreline (3 - 0 or 3 - 1 if I recall correctly) and the final whistle was just a couple minutes away...

abual3bed1

It was against Gijon, without Messi and Pique was sent off early in the 2nd half. The 90 minutes part, IIRC, was because Alexis played full 90 minutes with Chile days before this game while he had a discomfort so Pep had a go at him for that.

psychotsek

While I'm not a huge fan he should start tonight ahead of Neymar or Cesc.He would help Dani defending cause AM's left side with Arda and Fillipe could cause us some serious problems .

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans