Alexis Sanchez

Meitux

its really funny you guys said he had a good perfomance and vote him in the 3 of the best of the match because he scored two goals.Not concidering that he missed like 3 i dont know open chances and always falls down....and beyond the header goal the second goal just came to him after the save sooooo nothing special....

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
its really funny you guys said he had a good perfomance and vote him in the 3 of the best of the match because he scored two goals.Not concidering that he missed like 3 i dont know open chances and always falls down....and beyond the header goal the second goal just came to him after the save sooooo nothing special....

What's funny is that you are using the same two goals as your proof for saying he was nothing special...

Give the guy a break and stop moving goal posts, people were complaining about his endless drought, then he finally scores, not one but twice, and it's still not good enough... Once again, I'm not saying he's a world beater because he obviously has some aspects he needs to improve, but come on, at least give the guy some credit for trying...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Up/down performance for me...Moments where he was sublime, moments where he botched golden scoring opportunities and moments where he was diving and generally inept...Remains an enigma for me but I think it's clear he's not a goalscorer

He's only 24 and is clearly a dangerous weapon but unfortunately the team benefits from only a fraction of what he is capable of thus far

Vapor

The interesting thing is, after that first goal, he REALLY started playing better. That shaking off the bad vibes thing must have worked lol. Did anyone else notice this? His general play was much better and he even had a little tiki taka going on, we rarely see good tiki taka from him.

I think he'll be on an upswing from here on out... similar to how Cesc and Pedro came out of their slumps. Some balance training, more confidence and more good-vibe rituals and he'll be on his way.

:alexis:

Lets remember, he himself rated his play 5/10 not too long ago, so at least he's aware that he has much more to give. That's reason to have some faith in the guy (though I've been as hard as any on him.) Hope he keeps it up.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I'm worried he's mentally weak because he's too easily taken out of his game and rarely gets stronger as a match goes on

Meitux

What's funny is that you are using the same two goals as your proof for saying he was nothing special...

Give the guy a break and stop moving goal posts, people were complaining about his endless drought, then he finally scores, not one but twice, and it's still not good enough... Once again, I'm not saying he's a world beater because he obviously has some aspects he needs to improve, but come on, at least give the guy some credit for trying...
we'll see in the next games how he does then we can see more clearly, im not saying that he will suck 100 % but that im not sure for him yet

J

jiopi

this guy was hilarious last night
Failed to score to couple empty nets after beating defender and goal keepers, just to score couple fast ones that he hardly new what was happening. And they both came just after the misses. :lol:

barcanuck

Put him in the top 3 because he got the monkey off his back.

X

xaviniesta

we'll see in the next games how he does then we can see more clearly, im not saying that he will suck 100 % but that im not sure for him yet

if you have like 6-7 chances per game it means you must do something right, no? like being a constant goalthreat, making good runs, work his ass off etc. if you wanna say he is a bad finisher i don't mind but don't say nonsense just because he missed a lot of good chances. it's just one part of the game - finishing.

GiantKiller

Good game for Alexis. Made some nice runs both on and off-the-ball and is starting to regain his composure which also shows in his passing. Also, it was great to see him in the versatile CF role in the second half instead of just for a little while when a false nine in Messi dropped deep. Tbh, there some very encouraging signs as he made runs in different directions showing that he's capable of being a real menace. Happy now that he's starting to get those toe-pokes in and that play following that long ball was BRILLIANT. Too bad he couldn't finish it and it seemed as if he looked instinctively at the turf. Also, scored with a BRILLIANT header. Alexis, you beast. :wub:

PS : People, please stop basing your judgements on only his Barca career so far. Bad balance. :lol:

oz187

The most important skill in terms of goalscoring is getting into a position to score. So yes he does get credit for both goals. He had at least 3 other clear chances as well. Even finishing is a skill that he can work on(he's only 24). He needs to work on his confidence, continue taking more responsibility in terms of getting into goalscoring positions and develop his finishing with greater consistency. I don't see why he can't develop into a lethal goalscorer.

X

xaviniesta

that balance....that balance indeed :alexis:
[video=metacafe;9698637/alexis_balance/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/9698637/alexis_balance/[/video]

Home of Barca Fans