Alexis Sanchez

Zangash

Banned
He still can't create any chances for himself. He's mainly just poaching goals in order to score. It's great for stat padding and for us to be able to swell our chest out when talking about his goal tally, but the opportunity to just slide the ball in like that after a random deflection won't pop up against Atletico or any other large name games. We need a winger who can dribble and create as well as finish.

DinhoR10

He still can't create any chances for himself. He's mainly just poaching goals in order to score. It's great for stat padding and for us to be able to swell our chest out when talking about his goal tally, but the opportunity to just slide the ball in like that after a random deflection won't pop up against Atletico or any other large name games. We need a winger who can dribble and create as well as finish.

Adama? Deulofeu? Reus? :lol:

BarneyR10

STATS aren't the best way to look at things.. Personally i don't think Alexis will ever fit in Barca perfectly.. I say, SELL HIM!

FC B

So true but also hard to find the right player to do the job like it shoud be done at Barca.

Andrew M

Deulofeu was shockingly bad today and last week's match .... he's not progressing at all .

How was Deulofeu shockingly bad? He cam on with about 20 mins to go and produced a couple of great dribbles, one a goal scoring chance.

If only Neymar could borrow some of his instinct.

serghei

18 goals in La Liga. Only Ronaldo, Messi & Diego Costa have scored more.

Yea, and keep in mind that he should be compared with Di Maria/Bale/Villa. Not with Ronaldo (more like a striker than a winger), Messi or Costa.

STATS aren't the best way to look at things.. Personally i don't think Alexis will ever fit in Barca perfectly.. I say, SELL HIM!

No, stats are to use only when they suit your point of view, right? If Alexis would have bad stats, his detractors -- no to say haters -- will use that as leverage all the time.

Last edited:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

I don't want to get too deep into it, but whatever he does will never be enough for some of you... Last season people just wanted him to score, so he vastly improved on that and now he's labeled a simple poacher or stat padder despite scoring important goals in La Liga... Overnight he went from a player who should finish his chances to one that should dribble past 5+ players and win matches on his own...

Have in mind that he didn't play important minutes against any large name games this season or the last season for that matter (barring the 4-0 against Bayern), so why are people holding that against him? We have a perfectly useful reserve player, who's willing to work for the team and stay on the bench without complaining, and yet people want him out like a dog...

He's far from perfect and much improvement is needed, no one is denying that, especially in the CL which is his boogeyman competition, but thinking that Delofeu or the next flavor of the month can come and suddenly score 20 goals a season like Alexis did is nothing but wishful thinking... We have been looking for that Larsson kind of player or the tall veteran CF who can score the odd goal when Messi isn't carrying us, yet Alexis has been there quietly doing that job this season... Obviously he's not at Henke's level yet, but at 25 years old I don't think it's the right time to give up on him...

Cule4life

The Culest
I would only sell Alexis if a suitable replacement like Reus is bought.

But i hate the fact that he continues to be a waterboy for Messi. Does he have no respect for himself as a professional- as a Jugadorazo. passing to Messi even when he is in front of the goal makes me want to tear my hair out. We could do with some ego in our squad. A player like Suarez with a big ego who would refuse to pass to Messi will do us a world of good.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I would only sell Alexis if a suitable replacement like Reus is bought.

But i hate the fact that he continues to be a waterboy for Messi. Does he have no respect for himself as a professional- as a Jugadorazo. passing to Messi even when he is in front of the goal makes me want to tear my hair out. We could do with some ego in our squad. A player like Suarez with a big ego who would refuse to pass to Messi will do us a world of good.

How do you think Messi would deal with that? I know that's something to talk in Lio's thread, but I don't think it's that easy...

I agree Alexis' should be more ambitious in front of goal instead of looking for Messi every single time, but signing a player who does the complete opposite doesn't seem like the best idea for team chemistry...

Cule4life

The Culest
How do you think Messi would deal with that? I know that's something to talk in Lio's thread, but I don't think it's that easy...

I agree Alexis' should be more ambitious in front of goal instead of looking for Messi every single time, but signing a player who does the complete opposite doesn't seem like the best idea for team chemistry...

Im sorry i thought this was FC Barcelona not FC Messi. If Messi has a problem with Alexis not passing to him even when he's in front of the goal then he should be sold. No players is bigger than the club.

And no i didnt say sign a completely opposite player like Sturridge (Suarez btw is very good with his decision making when to pass). Just frustrated with lack of guts shown by our attackers.

Home of Barca Fans