Alexis Sanchez

footyfan

Calma, calma
His best hope is if we switch back to 3-4-2-1 that we had going last season. His off-the-ball runs are way more dangerous when he's in the middle. For the wing position, I prefer Iniesta or Villa or even Fabregas over him.

Paganinisrvnge

At what point do we stop saying it's just poor confidence. This is getting to an almost Torres-like level. If Alexis doesn't finish his chances on at least a somewhat consistent basis then he shouldn't be kept. He does good work besides scoring goals but not worth it. Someone has to help Messi score goals in the tough matches.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I mean, as long as he doesn't choke in important games (which I doubt we'll play him in until they're settled) I don't really see a problem. He's scoring goals here and there, let him get some playing time. In tough matches, we start Iniesta, Pedro, Villa, all who are more than capable of finishing their chances. Not to mention we have Fabregas. :pep:

Chainsaw

Killahead
It wasn't a hateful statement, I was being serious. Those who have winner's mentality will do their best and engage the opponent, because they want to seize the opportunity and because they believe they can do it. That's why Messi never dives. Even if he's kicked and pushed and thrown to the ground, he'll get up and keep fighting, because all he cares about is scoring that goal. And he'll do his best and face the setbacks just to get it done. Those who have no faith in themselves will take the easy way out and dive to get a foul awarded, because they either don't want to fight, or don't believe they can win. They'd rather make a "victim" out of themselves than take the chance and keep the game going or score. That's something to think about. That's loser's mentality. Nothing hateful about saying that.

Don't try to reason with the kids whose vocabulary is bound to only three words: "Love/Hate/Gloryhunter".

Blame it on the pitch. Alexis decision making was just spot on (as usual)!

Richard.H

It wasn't a hateful statement, I was being serious. Those who have winner's mentality will do their best and engage the opponent, because they want to seize the opportunity and because they believe they can do it. That's why Messi never dives. Even if he's kicked and pushed and thrown to the ground, he'll get up and keep fighting, because all he cares about is scoring that goal. And he'll do his best and face the setbacks just to get it done. Those who have no faith in themselves will take the easy way out and dive to get a foul awarded, because they either don't want to fight, or don't believe they can win. They'd rather make a "victim" out of themselves than take the chance and keep the game going or score. That's something to think about. That's loser's mentality. Nothing hateful about saying that.

Agreed. Good response.

Cule4life

The Culest

Couldn't have put it any better myself. I'm sick of Alexis trying to take the easy way out by diving. Why doesn't Tito have a go at him about this like David Moyes did at at Phil Nevile

Garrus

You do know that you're actually talking about all the world's Forwards, right? :lol:

Cule4life

The Culest
You do know that you're actually talking about all the world's Forwards, right? :lol:

All the worlds bad forwards u mean? Good forwards like RVP except suarez dont do that. And before u jump on me im not saying sanchez should be as good as RVP. Just 1/3 as good will do

mixer

All the worlds bad forwards u mean? Good forwards like RVP except suarez dont do that. And before u jump on me im not saying sanchez should be as good as RVP. Just 1/3 as good will do
He is not as good as Tello, and you are reffering to van Persie?

Garrus

All of them dive!, From every mediocre striker in a 3rd division in some far away land, To what you call them world class, They all dive, The only, And i really mean the only one who genuinely doesn't dive is messi, That's why it seemed weird using messi as a moral guide for alexis, When he could have simply scrape alexis's name and write 'Everyone else'
As always the members in this forum have long term memory problems, Everyone forgot that pedro got 5 yellow cards this season, 2 of them for diving!, And he dived more but luckily didn't get caught, Now can someone please explain why some one like pedro, Who's been instrumental for the team's success over these years, Suddenly starts diving to get some penalty, So shouldn't we call pedro a guy with a loser's mentality, Logically he's even worse than alexis who got 0 yellow cards.
Pedro did it, Because he felt useless for his team, He wanted to provide them with something, Even if it's just a penalty, Same goes for alexis.

Cule4life

The Culest
All of them dive!, From every mediocre striker in a 3rd division in some far away land, To what you call them world class, They all dive, The only, And i really mean the only one who genuinely doesn't dive is messi, That's why it seemed weird using messi as a moral guide for alexis, When he could have simply scrape alexis's name and write 'Everyone else'
As always the members in this forum have long term memory problems, Everyone forgot that pedro got 5 yellow cards this season, 2 of them for diving!, And he dived more but luckily didn't get caught, Now can someone please explain why some one like pedro, Who's been instrumental for the team's success over these years, Suddenly starts diving to get some penalty, So shouldn't we call pedro a guy with a loser's mentality, Logically he's even worse than alexis who got 0 yellow cards.
Pedro did it, Because he felt useless for his team, He wanted to provide them with something, Even if it's just a penalty, Same goes for alexis.

And pedro wasn't idolized for that here. Many were calling for him to be benched
If he feels useless and cant do anything he should be benched or sold
If he scores half as many goals as Suarez or other "world class striker" you mentioned there wouldnt be this much noise about him. The problem he wastes 99% of his chance flopping around the place

GiantKiller

Amazing to see what low confidence levels can do to a player. Asking him to score more goals seems unreasonable to me when we've got Messi, Cesc and hopefully Villa and Pedro for the second half of the season. Besides, most of the scoring opportunities Alexis gets himself into shouldn't be looked at as a chance wasted while it's clear that his movement off-the-ball is getting even better which'll make him a nuisance for opposition defenders. Let's hope that from now on he does what he does best instead of trying to score more because if he does that...

I believe that he'll be on the same level as someone like Aguero in overall terms. :stv172:

Home of Barca Fans