Alexis Sanchez

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
These are actually pretty good points you make, Giant...I now feel similarly about Sanchez but I do fear he may perhaps have confidence issues on a team where that sort of uncertainty makes you a liability

GiantKiller

Yes. Seems as if it's all down to the manner in which Tito interacts with Alexis, whether Tito asks him to play his game instead of focusing on something he isn't as good at or whether it's just specific instructions.

Apart from him, I wanted Afellay to play well here too but he had the same problems as well. :( And tbh, I wasn't as excited when Alba, for example, switched clubs and he's been quite a performer until now. So, I think I now know how to react to future signings. :p

Last edited:

Garrus

Afellay is no where near alexis, I never understood why we signed him, It was obvious he'll never become a main man with us, With alexis there is some chance.

Cule4life

The Culest
Most of the scoring opportunities Alexis gets himself into shouldn't be looked at as a chance wasted

Just :facepalm: :facepalm:
So what should they they be looked as? Training sessions for the oppositions defense? Time wasted during the match?Or another champions league lost? Or luxury spending of 35m to watch some fancy runs ending in hilarious/painful stumbles? Is it unreasonable to ask a world class player to convert 20% of his chances?

Last edited:

GiantKiller

Just :facepalm: :facepalm:
So what should they they be looked as? Training sessions for the oppositions defense? Time wasted during the match?Or 35m down the drain? Is it unreasonable to ask a world class player to convert 20% of his chances?

Did you even read my post? :O

And no, I've yet to see anyone do that as most cases have been exaggerations.

Ursegor

World Champion
His confidence is completely broken since the Camp Nou booed him when he came on against Espanyol. Since then he's shitting himself more than ever infront of goal. It will need a very important goal to lift his spirits. Like coming of the bench against Real Madrid to score the winner or something like that.

GiantKiller

His confidence is completely broken since the Camp Nou booed him when he came on against Espanyol. Since then he's shitting himself more than ever infront of goal. It will need a very important goal to lift his spirits. Like coming of the bench against Real Madrid to score the winner or something like that.

Really? I seem to have missed that. Wow. :O

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yes. Seems as if it's all down to the manner in which Tito interacts with Alexis, whether Tito asks him to play his game instead of focusing on something he isn't as good at or whether it's just specific instructions.

Apart from him, I wanted Afellay to play well here too but he had the same problems as well. :( And tbh, I wasn't as excited when Alba, for example, switched clubs and he's been quite a performer until now. So, I think I now know how to react to future signings. :p

I don't know why/how you could conclude that about Afellay...He played well when he was here & healthy

GiantKiller

I don't know why/how you could conclude that about Afellay...He played well when he was here & healthy

Well, it appeared to me as if he almost always looked for the safe pass instead of being more adventurous and playing to his strengths. I remember Zubizarreta (think it was him) saying that he was signed because 'he's got a strong shot and could lose his marker' along with playing in the wide areas. So, while he might've played well when he was fit, I don't think his full potential was utilized.

Cule4life

The Culest
Did you even read my post? :O

And no, I've yet to see anyone do that as most cases have been exaggerations.

I understand your viewpoint. But think against a packed defense where Messi is triple marked. Many chances which we create will fall at the feet of players like Sanchez who will exploit the space created by the defenders drawn to Messi. If he continues to flop around then, that would be unforgivable and might cost us titles. And he can''t improve this overnight and suddenly turn up firing on all cylinders. He needs to get his s**t together soon.

Cule4life

The Culest
Yep. I've downloaded the game in HD where you notice it very clearly.

Pedro comes off: "Peeeeeeeedro, Peeeeeeeeedro" *clap clap clap*
Alexis on: *whistles*

Damn that must have shattered his confidence. But a world class player must have the strength of mind to overcome such hurdles

barcanuck

It's been a tough year for Sanchez no doubt.

I just hope to see him improve his balance, finishing and fitness this year. If he continues on this downwards trend however, I don't see him sticking around too much longer if we're in fact getting Neymar next year.

Home of Barca Fans