Alexis Sanchez

Garrus

Bashing alexis is a trend, But once you ask them what's the difference between what pedro does and him, They just stay quiet.

Darko

Pedro>Alexis
And saying Pedro has poor off the ball movement is rubbish,the goal against Espanyol proves that.
Not getting into goalscoring positions? You seem to forget the 4 goals he should have had against Espanyol if it wasnt for poor refereeing.
Did more in the game against Malaga in a few minutes than Alexis did in the whole match.
Not to mention he is a better passer,can create space with his dribbling(I remember him cutting inside a few times times in the last few matches and doing nice dribbles to create space and get time for teammates to arrive),has great decision making and can assist(and not just with a low cross into the box),can finish,plus all the things you praise Alexis for(works hard,has pace,scores against RM,bla,bla,bla...)
From what Pedro has shown this year,he is the man i want on the right flank,so dont even mention selling him!

Jarro

Pedro is better than Alexis. Less falling down and when on 1vs1 with the keeper Pedro usually scores not like Alexis who dives. Pedro has more assists than Alexis. Pedro hasn't missed 2 open-goal chances in 1 game.

M

mikecraig

Remember a certain Ibrahimovic who had better stats than Alexis in his first season? Where is he now? I donno why some people insist on keep bringing this "Alexis has been one of the top goal scorers at the club last season so he's not that bad at goal scoring" excuse so many times just to justify his many misses. Actually seeing someone like Alexis being one of the top goal scorers at the club last season proves even more how much the team suffered from the lack of vital finishers (if we exclude Messi).

The price Barca paid for Alexis reflects on how hasty the club behaved regarding this deal. I remember it was just weeks before the actual deal goes through that Barca's interest in Alexis became much serious. And then things paced up pretty much quickly. Inter wanted Alexis for two years, I remember that exactly and the spoken figures were always something around 15-20m before his price insanely goes up once the season finished. Alexis finished that season in great fashions with Udinese, so this crazy raise of his price was just a natural reflect of the bidding wars that happened at the time for his signature.

I always found him overrated tbh. Never been convinced that the club made the right decision in signing him at the first place. Let alone getting him for such a high price. He's talented for sure, just not 37m talented.

Well ever since he came to Barca he has been playing like a player barely worth 370k euros

JonM

Well ever since he came to Barca he has been playing like a player barely worth 370k euros

That's revisionist history. Go check his old thread and you'll see that all throughout last year, most people were very satisfied with him and were excited about his future at Barça. It's only since his finishing has gone awol that we're seeing stuff like "not Barça material", "crap since his arrival", "failed at Barça", etc.

Paganinisrvnge

That's revisionist history. Go check his old thread and you'll see that all throughout last year, most people were very satisfied with him and were excited about his future at Barça. It's only since his finishing has gone awol that we're seeing stuff like "not Barça material", "crap since his arrival", "failed at Barça", etc.

Not sure about you guys but I was pretty pissed at him after the Chelsea matches.

Garrus

Like i said it's a trend, They're temperamental, And until now none of them gave an actual sound and reasonable difference between him and pedro.

M

mikecraig

"Most people" don't mean shit to me. Most people thought Iraq has weapons of mass destruction, most people thought Lance Armstrong was a hero, most people think Jose is the best manager ever, Hitler was elected by most people ...... The average person is unable to hold an independent thought and just rows with the crowd,
Said it last year we either sell Alexis after a year of waste or 2 years of waste or 3 years of waste or 4 years of waste
He is a legacy of Pep's terrible transfer record and the sooner we get a clean break the better

JonM

Like i said it's a trend, They're temperamental, And until now none of them gave an actual sound and reasonable difference between him and pedro.

Well, to be fair, Pedro was getting a lot of shit before magically coming back to "old Pedro" after he scored two goals against Espanyol.

M

mikecraig

After "2 great seasons" for us Pedro has earned the right to play badly. Dat why we don't attack Messi for PK miss against Chelsea or Xavi V Celtic
Alexis @ best has had "2 great 10min spells"

Pepe Silvia

oh god, people are such in denial about alexis but why? what is it about him that makes you ignore all of his novice mistakes... not just oh he's on a new team needs time to settle in kinda mistakes either, but novice, elementary mistakes like how to dribble, stay on your feet, or complete a basic freaking pass. lets not even talk about his woeful finishing diving or bitching to refs as if he has some kind of clout to do so, thats laughable. he's the last person who should be complaining to refs it just makes him look completely ridicioulous. that right there is enough to separate pedro from what alexis has shown this season because pedro does none of that stuff (pedro's finishing has been consistent with a striker going through a valley, not a player who forgot how to play football). pedro has done and continues to do more for this club than alexis can dream of.

to say he's on par with pedro just makes the situation even more laughable. pedro has had a poor streak this season, but to compare the two especially recently is just out of control on absurdity.

Ursegor

World Champion
Pedro had magnificent games even when he didn't score. Athletic Bilbao comes to mind. We all agree that Jordi Alba has been magnificent this season. Now go and look up the MOTM thread. Pedro has as many votes as Alba. So how was he "shit" this season? Whereas Alexis is rated lower than Pinto. Pinto played like 5 games all season.

Stric

The holier-than-thou attidue strikes again. :lol:

First of all, I seriously cannot believe that there are actually people who need to be explained why Pedro is better than Alexis.

Second, there are plenty, and I mean PLENTY of people (myself included) who criticized Alexis since day 1. If not for his finishing, then for his horrible diving. Of course, at that time nobody suggested selling him, but after 2 years of this shit, it seems like an appropriate reaction.

Darko

I was also excited with his arrival and I hoped that he could improve on last years performance,but enough is enough,its not like we dont have other options,we have to admit that sometimes it just doesnt work out and move on.

Home of Barca Fans