Alexis Sanchez

M

mikecraig

oh god, people are such in denial about alexis but why? what is it about him that makes you ignore all of his novice mistakes... not just oh he's on a new team needs time to settle in kinda mistakes either, but novice, elementary mistakes like how to dribble, stay on your feet, or complete a basic freaking pass. lets not even talk about his woeful finishing diving or bitching to refs as if he has some kind of clout to do so, thats laughable. he's the last person who should be complaining to refs it just makes him look completely ridicioulous. that right there is enough to separate pedro from what alexis has shown this season because pedro does none of that stuff (pedro's finishing has been consistent with a striker going through a valley, not a player who forgot how to play football). pedro has done and continues to do more for this club than alexis can dream of.

to say he's on par with pedro just makes the situation even more laughable. pedro has had a poor streak this season, but to compare the two especially recently is just out of control on absurdity.

It is not denial just sheer stupidity
Can Pep do us a favour and switch him for Ribery or muller

Garrus

Well, to be fair, Pedro was getting a lot of shit before magically coming back to "old Pedro" after he scored two goals against Espanyol.
Nothing really changed with pedro, These goals were bound to happen some day, He played over 2000 minutes this season.

After "2 great seasons" for us Pedro has earned the right to play badly. Dat why we don't attack Messi for PK miss against Chelsea or Xavi V Celtic
Alexis @ best has had "2 great 10min spells"
You're obviously new to barcelona, Because He's been like this for the second season a row, And i'm not going to call him bad, Because his and alexis job isn't to score goals.
And please try not to use these 'shortcuts', They aren't appealing.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Alexis's job is to score goals. That is why he was bought, stupidly in my opinion as his goal scoring record wasn't great anyway.

JonM

Pedro had magnificent games even when he didn't score. Athletic Bilbao comes to mind. We all agree that Jordi Alba has been magnificent this season. Now go and look up the MOTM thread. Pedro has as many votes as Alba. So how was he "shit" this season? Whereas Alexis is rated lower than Pinto. Pinto played like 5 games all season.

Has anyone said that? Not in this thread anyway.

I wasn't taking a dig at Pedro by the way. He's probably my favorite player in the club. I was taking a dig at all the "he's finally back" comments after the Espanyol game despite the fact that he's been working his ass off all season long.

M

mikecraig

Nothing really changed with pedro, These goals were bound to happen some day, He played over 2000 minutes this season.

You're obviously new to barcelona, Because He's been like this for the second season a row, And i'm not going to call him bad, Because his and alexis job isn't to score goals.
And please try not to use these 'shortcuts', They aren't appealing.

Scoring in 6 different competitions in a season is enough for me
Let's hope Alexis can score in 2 diff competitions in a calender year

Chainsaw

Killahead
That's revisionist history. Go check his old thread and you'll see that all throughout last year, most people were very satisfied with him and were excited about his future at Barça. It's only since his finishing has gone awol that we're seeing stuff like "not Barça material", "crap since his arrival", "failed at Barça", etc.

Most of that had to do with the fact that many people tried to give him the benefit of the doubt that he needs more time to settle in and get matured in his game, since it was his first year at the club. But now that he keeps doing average or poorly week in week out in his second season people are starting to lose patience with him, even many who were on his side throughout last season. Even the praises that he received throughout last season was pretty much exaggerated. Most of the debates in his thread usually ended up with some dumb ass naked pics of him saying how sexy he is. Wasn't too much of a serious case to begin with afterall.

The people who are in denial of Alexis poor performances usually are either his fanboys or are among those mighty know-it-all "I'm God-sent-Cule" type of people who try to play this "you're a new fan or a gloryhunter" card every time someone criticize their faves or say something that defy his delusional mightiness!

Stric

Most of the debates in his thread usually ended up with some dumb ass naked pics of him saying how sexy he is. Wasn't too much of a serious case to begin with afterall.

The people who are in denial of Alexis poor performances usually are either his fanboys or are among those mighty know-it-all "I'm God-sent-Cule" type of people who try to play this "you're a new fan or a gloryhunter" card every time someone criticize their faves or say something that defy his delusional mightiness!

:worthy:

Pepe Silvia

Most of that had to do with the fact that many people tried to give him the benefit of the doubt that he needs more time to settle in and get matured in his game, since it was his first year at the club. But now that he keeps doing average or poorly week in week out in his second season people are starting to lose patience with him, even many who were on his side throughout last season. Even the praises that he received throughout last season was pretty much exaggerated. Most of the debates in his thread usually ended up with some dumb ass naked pics of him saying how sexy he is. Wasn't too much of a serious case to begin with afterall.

spot on. further, it's not that we don't want to praise alexis im sure we all had hoped he would be a good fit in, he just isn't though. forcing the issue by talking about formation changes and playing to messi's strengths still doesn't take from the fact that alexis dives and misses sitters. that has nothing to do with formation that has to do with the player not being up to it.

ShandyFFM

Most of the debates in his thread usually ended up with some dumb ass naked pics of him saying how sexy he is.

here you go

ALEXIS%2BSANCHEZ.jpg

:troll:

Richard.H

Yeah to be fair, I don't understand it either. Let's be realistic, every Barca player is held to a very high standard. Of course the fans will criticize the players if they don't perform well. With Alexis though, the fact is he has been abysmal the whole season, so that definitely creates a lot of tension between the Alexis fans and the more realistic fans in this forum.

Garrus

Denials, Fanboys, God sent cules, Delusions, Lots of big words, But the the way i see it, It's just 'labeling' to discredit someone like me for example, Which is ironic since you accuse us of 'labeling' other people.
I'm not alexis fan boy, Because the last time i checked he didn't put money in my pocket to spend day and night defending him, Alexis was great last season, This isn't an exaggeration, This is a fact, yet he was new and spent half the season in injuries, He was miles ahead of pedro, Who by the way had no excuse for his bad form last season, Go check the old polls which asks what is the better signing cesc or alexis, And alexis won by a margin, Are all those who voted fanboys and delusional people?
When i defend him, Is because i saw how good he is, Fortunately for me i still remember what he used to do last season, And if i was patient with pedro's horrendous performances which spanned more than one season, Then i can be patient with alexis's too.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans