Alexis Sanchez

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

a 30M player has to a LOT better than this... He needs to train the finishing and dribbles. Not playing rondo just like they do.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Well we can look at the ugly side which is his finishing, but on the bright side his runs get him in a lot of goal scoring opportunities... and quickly. Soon as he's in he has a chance to score. A goal against Madrid will do him wonders. It must happen. I sense it will.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, his movement has never really been in question, nor his skills or workrate...He's simply not a goalscorer first & foremost - yet, the lack of dribbling/directness against his marker remains curious

Cule4life

The Culest
In his book Ibrahimovic describes how when he joined Juve they were pissed about his accuracy so they gave him a personal trainer for a little while, training him outside the group for hours after regular training and basically the only thing they did was let him finish shots/headers on target.
He said it helped improve his goalscoring a lot in his first serie A season compared to his period at Ajax.

Maybe Barca should do something similair with Alexis, he played well today but his finishing is poor, if he could score 20/25 goals in all competitions in a season the cries for him leaving wouldnt be this loud.

Dude is it worth spending so much on him when Neymar is expected to arrive sooner or later? When he does Alexis will fall way down the pecking order and may demand a transfer. All the money then will be wasted

Eetu

Adormit
:D

Sure, anything that might be achieved before the arrival of the new messiah isn't worth spending a few more hours on training.

Cule4life

The Culest
:D

Sure, anything that might be achieved before the arrival of the new messiah isn't worth spending a few more hours on training.

Im sure they already make A-legless Sanchez do more training.How far you persist with him is the question

Eetu

Adormit
Im sure they already make A-legless Sanchez do more training.How far you persist with him is the question

When it's a business where one goal can mean the difference of millions in price money, and on the other one more interested party can mean a couple million more in transfer fee, I'd say we persist with him as long as he's one of ours. The risk/reward ratio is that much tilted one way.

Isaac_Cuenca23

Had one of his best games in a while... he only missed three easy chances :lol:

Everyone can see that his finishing is dreadful but i'm surprised by some of the comments praising the rest of his game. For a winger he hardly ever takes on defenders and on the rare occasions he does he either gets tackled or falls over. Much more commonly, when he receives the ball out wide and is in a one-on-one situation with a defender he refuses to attempt a dribble and passes back to the midfield. Passing back to the midfield when double marked is a reasonable decision but when he's one-on-one he should attempt more dribbles.

Also his forward passing and crossing is poor. Twice he got into good crossing positions inside the box and failed to find a team-mate and how often do you ever see him play a through ball like Villa's for Messi's hat-trick goal. I can't think of any examples.

ammarfcb

ze special one
lol @ everyone acting like this is just a 'curse' and he was good before. kids been bad from day one, he has got worse recently though.

#FreeBalotelli

Cule4life

The Culest
I dont know why we bought him in the first place and that too at at a "Man City" price level. Sure he could some step-overs like Ronaldo but he was never a goalscorer to begin with. Plus his best position was through the middle which he can't hope to take. In my opinion Barca is just too big a club for him. He needs to be at a club where he is the top dog- the alpha male.

#Free NeyGOAT

SoMa

A goal vs Madrid?

With his form, giving him any minutes vs Madrid ahead of other players is a direct disrespect to the rest of the squad.

CatalinR10

h3cnbfmj:tw1

Home of Barca Fans