Andoni Zubizarreta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Apparently people were chanting Zubi Out! on Mathieu's presentation in the stadium. Those people should be chanting Bartomeu out! instead.....

Neymessi

What did he say?

He said that with the joy of handling such a great and big club,there are some harsh moments too and that he happily accepts that.His face expression made me feel sorry for him.He has done amazing this transfer window only to hear such rubbish.

Bertus

Apparently people were chanting Zubi Out! on Mathieu's presentation in the stadium. Those people should be chanting Bartomeu out! instead.....

They did that because they dislike Mathieu's transfer?

That's harsh, hope he will prove them wrong.

DonAK

They did that because they dislike Mathieu's transfer?

That's harsh, hope he will prove them wrong.

No idea. He has done very well in this window so a bit strange. If it's because of the Mathieu transfer then those guys must be regular sport readers living in their own little world.

Bertus

No idea. He has done very well in this window so a bit strange. If it's because of the Mathieu transfer then those guys must be regular sport readers living in their own little world.

Yeah. Funny thing, if they had got Luiz for 50m, those same journos and fans would be celebrating. The power of hype.

:facepalm:

Here they just showed a little documentary about Mathieu's career so far.

Very happy he will probably end his caeer in the best club in the world.

DonAK

:facepalm:

Here they just showed a little documentary about Mathieu's career so far.

Very happy he will probably end his caeer in the best club in the world.

Another to add in the: 'French Players Bertus actually likes' list :pep:

Tomchin

He said that with the joy of handling such a great and big club,there are some harsh moments too and that he happily accepts that.His face expression made me feel sorry for him.He has done amazing this transfer window only to hear such rubbish.
True, watching Zubi during that press-conference also made me kinda sad.

Still, he'd better sign that CB though :hooray:

I

instinct

He has to deal with such comments. As a sports director of a club like Barca you'll ALWAYS be criticized. I don't think it affects him too much.

But :lol: @ all people who bash him on the internet and feel sad for him when they see his reaction towards the hate. Don't blame anyone here but I saw many people who acted that way. Ridiculous.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What's there to be sorry about. Zubi does next to nothing for 8 months. Then, summer comes and he is suddenly blindsighted.
Where did he get Barca a good deal? Stegen, Rakitic, had expiring contracts. He payed 10+ for 30+ backup gk. Suárez wanted to go and Liverpol were looking to clean their hands. Whats left? Haggling over 30+ left back and end up paying a release clause.

He didn't have any credentials when Sandro picked him to be his mannequin for the fans and learned little since. I'd love to be picked for top management job with 8 months of vacation but noone will pick me as his puppet.

We're going into 4th season without signing cb, of course people are angry at him.

And if he had any decency left he would have resigned after Rosell left. As a sports director he should be accountable for Neymar transfer. But yes, he didn't know anything because he's a puppet and likes his paycheck. He certainly adds a lot od value to the club. Irresponsible and inadequate.

serghei

What's there to ne sorry about. Zubi does next to nothing for 8 months. Then, summer comes and he is suddenly blindsighted.
Where did he get Barca a good deal? Stegen, Rakitic, had expiring contracts. He payed 10+ for 30+ backup gk. Suárez wanted to go and Liverpol were looking to clean their hands. Whats left? Haggling over 30+ left back and end up paying a release clause.

He didn't have any credentials when Sandro picked him to be his mannequin for the fans and learned little since. I'd love to be picked for top management job with 8 months of vacation but noone will pick me as his puppet.

We're going into 4th season without signing cb, of course people are angry at him.

Good points. The CBs signings will show his worth as a sporting director. It's an area where you must have skills to sign a good one for a good price. For the transfers we made so far, there were fortunate circumstances -- Suarez choosing us over Madrid, Rakitic and Stegen expiring contracts with Sevilla and BM --, not some incredible negotiating skills from Zubi.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
What's there to be sorry about. Zubi does next to nothing for 8 months. Then, summer comes and he is suddenly blindsighted.

And if he had any decency left he would have resigned after Rosell left. As a sports director he should be accountable for Neymar transfer. But yes, he didn't know anything because he's a puppet and likes his paycheck. He certainly adds a lot od value to the club. Irresponsible and inadequate.

Very much agree.

Home of Barca Fans