Andoni Zubizarreta

Kohe321

Haha, that's a great smiley. Reminds me of the Lord of The Rings Boromir meme.

vpx66d.jpg

One does not simply sign a centerback

Haha!

JamDav1982

Ferguson gave an ok to Bebe as well :mou:

Yes he did.

If this is some kind of scam to make money on a poor player then everyone involved will know what is going on.

The likes of Lucho, Puyol and Zubi will know why he is being bought and is not good enough.

I just dont buy it that those three would accept that happening.

F

Flavia

@fiazhamsath
Zubizarreta: “Barça didn't go for Benatia as we needed L-footed CB.”
Al Khelaifi: “PSG rejected €40m+ bid from Barça for Marquinhos.”

:eusa_think:

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
@fiazhamsath

Marquinhos is left footed, obviously. :pep:

@fiazhamsath

Zubi's Benatia comment might have been a little more valid if we didn't make a 40m+ bid for Marquinhos. As it stands, it sounds more like a lame excuse than anything.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Zubi interview:

Zubizarreta: "My choice was Luis Enrique"

Andoni Zubizarreta (Barça's sports director) is a quiet and reserved player. He doesn't like to talk about his job in public but he conceded an interview at the newspaper El País where he talked about Barça:

His job

• "We create teams for a whole season, not only for a match." :)lol: good joke)
  • "Due to my job, I lost some of my best friends. But I know I will get back in touch with them someday."
  • "I've never taken a decision above a coach."
  • "Some players say no or clubs that offer impossible prices. But being Barça's sports director is much easier than in Rayo or Athletico." (then why are you so incompetent?)

The current team

• "Football is evolving and maybe we should modernize some aspects because opponents know how we play. We are working on it."
  • "I really believe in this squad and this coach."

Relationship with the coach

• "I leartn a lot of Tata. He really got involved despite coming from South America. I'm also learning a lot of Luis Enrique."
  • "My option was Luis Enrique."

Other coaches

• "I really like how Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Mönchengladbach play. I have not really watched Koeman's Southampton, but they are performing amazing. And Marseille: such a hot crowd with a coach like Bielsa… it's a sociological exercise. I always follow Rayo and Rome."

Source

Comments in () are mine.

Home of Barca Fans