André Gomes

F

Flavia

Nah, he has played for years without any rest and done well so we are looking at 5 matches per season for any DM backup. Of course, if Gomes is primarily considered some type of Busi backup, he'll leave by the end of the season as that role means hardly any game time. The only one who has impressed as Busi's backup is of course Sergi Roberto. It is of course crucial that the DM is match fit as it is perhaps the most important position in our team. I do suspect Masche will be the DM though sadly, because of Lucho's love for him even if he sucks there.

Bob was out injury for 11 games last season. So yeah, he won't be overplayed again. Even more now, that's he's starting for spain. Don't think Busquets will be either, unless Lucho wants to risk him being tired just like last season.

Gomes could be an option. It would also make his signing makes more sense. He wouldn't be only Busi backup, that's just another position he could play in.

Jombi

Bob was out injury for 11 games last season. So yeah, he won't be overplayed again. Even more now, that's he's starting for spain. Don't think Busquets will be either, unless Lucho wants to risk him being tired just like last season.

Gomes could be an option. It would also make his signing makes more sense. He wouldn't be only Busi backup, that's just another position he could play in.

Bob was out injured 11 games last season because of being overplayed? We will be so dramatically weakened without Busi that he's likely to play at least as much as he has done in the past 7 years (which means 99% of the time).

F

Flavia

Bob was out injured 11 games last season because of being overplayed? We will be so dramatically weakened without Busi that he's likely to play at least as much as he has done in the past 7 years (which means 99% of the time).

He got injured a lot last season, that's the point. During one of his injuries he missed 6 straight games. Being overplayed help with that too. Busi being so vital is another reason to rest him during some lesser matches. I think Gomes can do a better job than Masch, so I really hope that rumor is true.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Gomes playing ins Busi's position would help us in a lot many ways...... He is an attacking minded mid fielder who needs some tuning to play in our mid field anyway, what better way than making him play a bit deeper?

Jombi

He got injured a lot last season, that's the point. During one of his injuries he missed 6 straight games. Being overplayed help with that too. Busi being so vital is another reason to rest him during some lesser matches. I think Gomes can do a better job than Masch, so I really hope that rumor is true.

Being underplayed can also cause injuries of course. I have seen no proof that Roberto gets injured because he is "overplayed". Match rhythm is crucial to avoid injuries. Messi and Busi play all the time and are never injured. I think there is a very good reason why Busi has played 99% of our games in the past 7 years.

F

Flavia

Being underplayed can also cause injuries of course. I have seen no proof that Roberto gets injured because he is "overplayed". Match rhythm is crucial to avoid injuries. Messi and Busi play all the time and are never injured. I think there is a very good reason why Busi has played 99% of our games in the past 7 years.

Messi is injured right now. Also missed 2 months last season, injured. Players are different. And Roberto is the starting RB. He'll play a lot there already. I surely prefer playing Gomes or even Masch, than moving Roberto and playing Vidal as rb.

Jombi

Messi is injured right now. Players are different. And Roberto is the starting RB. He'll play a lot there already. I surely prefer playing Gomes or even Masch, than moving Roberto and playing Vidal as rb.

Players are different but its difficult to say whether an injury is because of being overplayed, underplayed or some other reason. I dont think its fair to say that Roberto was overplayed last season and that it caused him to be injured. I certainly dont see a reason why Roberto would have trouble playing the 5 games as DM which Busi will miss. Roberto is clearly the best man for the position and we always fail miserably as a team without a composed DM pulling the strings from the back. We are also perhaps looking to get another RB as backup.

gasgas

We are looking for a RB backup apparently. Masche is crap as DM for us. Roberto is superior to him and DM is arguably the most important position in our team (full-back is the least important I'd say).

Masche is quite good as DM for us
Dont know what you have been watching

BBZ8800

Huh? you make it sound as if he'll be having to play RB n DM at the same time in a match. We have Masch, and he is more than capable of replacing Busi. Umtiti has shown he is capable of replacing Masch too. Gomes and Bob will rarely be used in the DM. As for Samper, I fully believe he will replace Busi one day, down the line as Gomes and Bob start to solidify thier place in the team and Masch leaves or retires he will be the only option.

We will buy like 8 new midfielders in the next few years plus we will promote at least 2-3 new world class La Masia midfielders.
My point is: don't (ever) plan or think too much about our current team as our final team which will play here in 5 seasons. (Unless if you have Xavi-Iniesta at their prime)

Just remember 2-3 years ago how people were posting: we will have all-La Masia attacking trio in a CL final in 5 and 10 years with Munir, Sandro, Adama, Dongou, Deulofeu, Halilovic. Oh man, we have so much talent, we are fine for the next decade, we don't need to buy any new attackers.
Fast forward it a few years: none of them will be a starter at Barca and we will probably buy 5+ new attackers in the next few years until we find some who will fit the best.

I don't look at current youngsters/new guys whom we bought as some players who will surely play here in a few future.
Denis, Gomes, Paco, those are all only hit and miss attempts by our board.
If they'll fit=they will stay.
If they won't fit=we will just sell them (with a loss) and buy random new xx players for their positions.

About Andre, Bob and Samper being starters here in 5 years, I would place much more money that none (or 1 of them) will be a starter here in 5 years.
Not because they are bad or anything, but because that's how it goes at Barca.
Plays stay here in much shorter cycles and majority of players are a hit and miss attempts.
Don't expect that every hit and miss will end as a long term success/starter for a next decade.
(This is not about your post, but I am slighty annoyed by posts like: Mats is our Gk for the next decade, Samper is our Cdm for the next decade, Denis is our new Iniesta for the next decade, Neymar is our leader for the next decade)

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Players are different but its difficult to say whether an injury is because of being overplayed, underplayed or some other reason. I dont think its fair to say that Roberto was overplayed last season and that it caused him to be injured. I certainly dont see a reason why Roberto would have trouble playing the 5 games as DM which Busi will miss. Roberto is clearly the best man for the position and we always fail miserably as a team without a composed DM pulling the strings from the back. We are also perhaps looking to get another RB as backup.

Roberto is the best RB, and the starter now. He should rest eventually too, so he's not gassed out in the crucial part of the season. He doesn't need to be the jack of all trades anymore, and there are other players who can play in the squad. You don't like Gomes and that's why you're writing him off, but I hope he gets a chance. Those 5 matches won't be that crucial that Bob needs to play them, anyway.

Jombi

Roberto is the best RB, and the starter now. He should rest eventually too, so he's not gassed out in the crucial part of the season. He doesn't need to be the jack of all trades anymore, and there are other players who can play in the squad. You don't like Gomes and that's why you're writing him off, but I hope he gets a chance. Those 5 matches won't be that crucial that Bob needs to play them, anyway.

I dont understand this logic that he will be rested if he doesnt play as DM backup. If Masche plays there, then Roberto will play as RB anyway. Roberto will still play and in fact will be running MORE not less as a RB.

F

Flavia

I dont understand this logic that he will be rested if he doesnt play as DM backup. If Masche plays there, then Roberto will play as RB anyway. Roberto will still play and in fact will be running MORE not less as a RB.

If it's a game against a weak opposition, why can't he be rested? Roberto won't need to fill many positions anymore, there is depth for that now. He should focus on being rb, and not being played out of position.

gasgas

No he's not. He lacks composure, is terrible in tight spaces, lacks vision, passing is mediocre, is unable to think 2 or 3 steps ahead. Dont know what you have been watching.

i find it funny that you're saying Roberto is better than Masche as DM

Masche played DM against: Man City, Real Madrid, Villareal, Valencia. These teams can even make Busquets crap his pants at times.
And yet most of times he was good and in some of those he didnt even have the pleasure of being babysat by Rakitic and Busquets

Sergi Roberto against: Eibar, and some other crappy teams

anguy

To claim that Roberto, the guy with the biggest engine in our team, doesnt have the energy to be a DM is absurd.

It is completely unknown how "big" engine Roberto has. He hasn't played that many minutes per season for us. Let him play 35 full games, running up and down as RB and then we'll see how gassed out will he be.

Home of Barca Fans