André Gomes

El Flaco

So what? Neymar and Messi are being praised for the awesome game, but for Gomes is just a poor Celtic side?

And rightfully so as both Neymar & Messi clearly stood out in this match, which can't really be said the same for Gomes.

Last edited:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
As much of a drubbing as it was, it wasn't a perfect performance. I thought Gomes was sensational overall, a difference maker in the match but he did make a few bad decisions as well. In some ways they still look like they are in pre-season, seeking rhythm with their new teammates.

But Andre is really an exciting addition to the squad, I liked his profile for Barcelona and hoped he'd fit in as quickly as possible - you can already see all his versatility, a true box to box mid

Wick

Though he was really good. 96/100 passing. Interplay looks fine. Just needs more matches really, and he'll be a great asset.

F

Flavia

And rightfully so as both Neymar & Messi clearly stood out in this match, which can't really be said the same for Gomes.

It surely can be said he had a good match. He's a new player adapting to the position that is the hardest one to fit in at Barça. And he played in all mdf positions today, lcm, rcm and dm. So yes, he deserves the praise he gets. No one here said he stood ou like Messi and Neymar, just that he had a good game. And it matters it was against a poor celtic, as much as it does to Neymar and Messi. Can't undermine a player's performance with the poor side "argument", and then proceed to praise others, that played vs the same side.

André

Motm if it wasnt for the MSN show. And when you think what some poeple said about him weeks ago...

Superb display, even as DM.

André

He is exactly what we needed after Xavi left. Controll. He is calm, intelligent and orchestrates the play awesome.

Denis is explosive and clearly a more offensive player but loses the ball too easy and is poor off the ball. He is good but Gomes is just something else.

Zincubus

Banned
I thought he was shit. His first thought is 'who can I pass it back too'. Releases the ball to slow too. Bang average player.

That's exactly how Rakitic started with us though.... Even Neymar and Suarez used to pass the ball quickly and didn't take any chances until they got bedded in.

Zincubus

Banned
As much of a drubbing as it was, it wasn't a perfect performance. I thought Gomes was sensational overall, a difference maker in the match but he did make a few bad decisions as well. In some ways they still look like they are in pre-season, seeking rhythm with their new teammates.

But Andre is really an exciting addition to the squad, I liked his profile for Barcelona and hoped he'd fit in as quickly as possible - you can already see all his versatility, a true box to box mid

That's exactly how I see him as well . As I mentioned Gary Neville said yesterday that Gomes will be EVEN better than Michael Ballack at his dominant best .

Total-Football

he's not bad .. but i'm not impressed , there is nothing he can do that Rakitic can't do .. and the latter is obviously more refined. he's an expensive Rakitic replacement. that's the way i see it.

gasgas

he's not bad .. but i'm not impressed , there is nothing he can do that Rakitic can't do .. and the latter is obviously more refined. he's an expensive Rakitic replacement. that's the way i see it.

Rakitic is also a lot older and experienced
Gomes is gonna get better too

Home of Barca Fans