André Gomes

serghei

If this is your strongest argument than please don't continue with this debate any more. Number you wear has nothing to do with your passing skills.

Rakitic is better all round player and clearly better midfielder than Arda. He had more asists and goals than Arda in every single season in Spain not to mention his ability to convert from AM he played in Sevilla to CM he plays today, not to mention power of his shot etc. For example in year 2013/2014 he had 12 goal and 12 asists for Sevilla! Arda only dribbles better than him and that is basically it. But I honestly don't know why we are debating about Arda and Rakitic, they are both great players, my concerns are more if Gomes and Denis will prove of beeing worthy to wear a Barca shirt.

So, let me get this straight, among others, you bring into the discusssion the season 2013-14 in La LIGA, trying to prove Rakitic is all around better than Arda, when Arda won that title with Atletico being a key player for them, and on top of that played a CL final after some great performances, even scoring against Chelsea in England? Arda did at Atletico great things in that campaign, absurd to even mention 2013-14, while trying to make a case for Rakitic based on some numbers.

Last edited:

Raketa10

So, let me get this straight, among others, you bring into the discusssion the season 2013-14 in La LIGA, trying to prove Rakitic is all around better than Arda, when Arda won that title with Atletico being a key player for them, and on top of that played a CL final after some great performances, even scoring against Chelsea in England? Arda did at Atletico great things in that season, absurd to even mention it while trying to make a case for Rakitic based on some numbers.

I said he had better stats in every season this was just an example pointing out Rakitic has great attacking skills!
That year Rakitic also won EL with Sevilla and was their best player. But ok lets agree we disagree :)
In the end I like both Arda and Rakitic but for me Rakitic is just better.

serghei

I said he had better stats in every season this was just an example pointing out Rakitic has great attacking skills!
That year Rakitic also won EL with Sevilla and was their best player. But ok lets agree we disagree :)
In the end I like both Arda and Rakitic but for me Rakitic is just better.

Ok, let's agree to disagree. For me Rakitic is better if we play him in Messi's area (central right) and against teams who know how to exploit the space Messi leaves (like a Marcelo for example), while Arda is better if we play him in Neymar's side, due to the fact that Neymar is better than Messi off the ball, and actually helps out in defence more then people might think.

God Serena

Probably played better at Valenica.

Ironic because in the same page you made this post you made another one saying you would have liked to see Gomes play vs Granada. So quickly to write him off eh?

And it's hilarious you are so mad over Paco that you resort to spamming the Gomes thread with your whining. :lol:

I would have liked to see him play. That hasn't changed even after he put in a poor game. Doesn't mean I'm "writing him off" by acknowledging his poor performances, but keep reaching. It's really cute.

Devils

I would have liked to see him play. That hasn't changed even after he put in a poor game. Doesn't mean I'm "writing him off" by acknowledging his poor performances, but keep reaching. It's really cute.

Yet after a poor performance, you are so quick to categorize him alongside Paco, who, according to you, will never be good enough.

"b-b-b-but I was just acknowledging his poor performance."

Sure thing, junior.

Last edited:

God Serena

Yet after a poor performance, you are so quick to categorize him alongside Paco, who, according to you, will never be good enough.

"b-b-b-but I was just acknowledging his poor performance."

Sure thing, junior.

He is in the same category as Paco. Not because he'll never be good enough, but because he's new here and isn't stepping up to help the team. But go on ahead being a condescending asshole, it really drives the point home.

Devils

God Serena said:
Same with Paco, but we just have to be patient!

Lol

Makes a sarcastic post towards those who are being patient towards Gomes...

He is in the same category as Paco. Not because he'll never be good enough, but because he's new here and isn't stepping up to help the team. But go on ahead being a condescending asshole, it really drives the point home.

...says he is going to be patient towards Gomes because he is new and isn't stepping up at the moment.

281.gif

Keep up the good work! I'm done here. :blondemessi:

God Serena

Makes a sarcastic post towards those who are being patient towards Gomes...

...says he is going to be patient towards Gomes because he is new and isn't stepping up at the moment.

281.gif

Keep up the good work! I'm done here. :blondemessi:

Didn't say I'm going to be patient, I'm not sure where you're getting that from. I'm not preaching patience, I'm just drawing a parallel. Anytime a new player plays badly it's all "We have to give him X amount of months to adapt!" In that sense he's very much in the same boat as Paco. Everything else is just you connecting dots after you yourself have drawn them, humorously claiming victory afterwards. You probably have a hard time breathing up on that high horse, don't you?

serghei

He was our best player tonight. Unlucky not to have scored also. Could've had an assist as well, but Suarez is going trough a bit of a rough patch.

Devils

I thought he was good. Hot and cold through the game.

Was our best midfielder, which isn't saying much though.

Home of Barca Fans