André Gomes

Barcilliant

Xavi was slow and Busquets too. At our peak our midfield still dominated faster, stronger players.

Thing is Xavi was a master of control and he's gone now.

If Lucho wants to play a fast, counter attacking Style he needs the right players for it.

Gomes, Rakitic and Mascherano/ Roberto is the best I can come up with now.

None of the above four are particularly fast but Rakitic and Mascherano did well in previous sides when counter attacking.

Caramel

I'm convinced Gomes would come good with more playing time, with the team playing well as a whole and not just Messi, Umtiti, Piqué, Rakitic and Mascherano and a manager that actually has decent tactics. I believe he has the skills.

Someone just needs to beg Lucho never to play Arda in midfield again, especially with Gomes on at the same time. It's just too fucking slow and he's fucking terrible for us in midfield.

serghei

Some legit proof of talent in that video. Some great first touches, quick-thinking, first time passing and physical play as well. If we trust him he will 100% deliver. He's got the package. He does lack a bit of speed, but you can't have it all. Let's not forget it's his first season, and that he's not exactly a starter, so he has to do well with limited minutes. And he does imo.

F4THi

Banned
Watched the match again, he acted CLASS there, took the right decision and made the right move like every single time he had the ball, shame that Lucho subbed him out and let Busquets on the pitch there, he was the only lighting spot in our midfield that day

FC B

Too early too make a definitive conclusion but thusfar he seems to me a bit below how a Barcelona starter should look like in terms of general display. But it is obvious he needs much more time to prove himself just like other players did.

mark1nhu

Some legit proof of talent in that video. Some great first touches, quick-thinking, first time passing and physical play as well. If we trust him he will 100% deliver. He's got the package. He does lack a bit of speed, but you can't have it all. Let's not forget it's his first season, and that he's not exactly a starter, so he has to do well with limited minutes. And he does imo.

Great post! Completely agree with you.

Home of Barca Fans