Andres Iniesta

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
You do make a great point. But my fears were never squad depth or faitgue-related, but injury related. I do know that we have more than enough talent to rotate the squad.

I guess that my fears are based on the fact than Andrés got injured precisely vs Milan at Camp Nou. That's why I feel our most important players (I'm talking Messi, Xavi, Iniesta here, although Messi will never be rested) should be saved for matches where there will be more at stake (which is basically every match from now until the end of the year except the BATE game). I mean, imagine Xavi gets injured for two months. In hindsight, would it have been a good decision to play him in a game where qualification was already secure? I just feel that prioritizing the Milan game over the league games at this point is not the right decision.

Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but honestly I'd rather lose at San Siro than have Messi/Xavi/Iniesta (or any other key player) injured for a significant period. I mean, of course I want us to win the game, but keeping everyone healthy for this crucial stretch of the league matches we're going to face is more important imo.

I understand your fears, but allowing those fears to dictate our priorities will do us no good, trust me. You simply can't control injuries, we could rest Xavi, Messi, and Iniesta vs Milan, lose there, and then have one get injured vs Getafe for 2 month. We could also play them all vs Milan and cruise injury-free for 3 more month. It's just a matter of luck with injuries, having a player play one game less doesn't really realistically alleviate any injury risks long term...it ain't worth it...

Manuel Traquete

I understand your fears, but allowing those fears to dictate our priorities will do us no good, trust me. You simply can't control injuries, we could rest Xavi, Messi, and Iniesta vs Milan, lose there, and then have one get injured vs Getafe for 2 month. We could also play them all vs Milan and cruise injury-free for 3 more month. It's just a matter of luck with injuries, having a player play one game less doesn't really realistically alleviate any injury risks long term...it ain't worth it...

You are right, they could even get injured in training. My fears were probably not very justified and not very thought out :)

I just hope everything turns out for the best, we have a crucial stretch of league games culminating in El Clásico so no injuries/stupid suspensions please :D The season will start being decided here.

Birdy

I'd say he'll probably go with

------VV------------
Mach--Pique---Abidal
-------Busi---------
---Xavi----Thiago---
------Iniesta-------
Pedro---Messi--Villa-

Perhaps maybe Fabs starting ahead of Thiago with Iniesta playing deeper...

I back this.
We should play 3-4-3 as Milan features 2 upfront and it think pep will go for that..
But i think that fabregas will start as he fits perfectly for the head of the diamond position in the 3-4-3 making forward runs..
Also, i believe villa will not start. Beside his shape, in the 3-4-3 the wide forwards must stay very wide.. So, it will probably be alexis and pedro (if fit) or cuenca. I dont know also about adriano fitness, he has played several times there...

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
You are right, they could even get injured in training. My fears were probably not very justified and not very thought out :)

I just hope everything turns out for the best, we have a crucial stretch of league games culminating in El Clásico so no injuries/stupid suspensions please :D The season will start being decided here.

Keeping that 3 point gap is indeed crucial. Also with the way Madrid are grinding out 3 points in tough venues it looks like a win in the Santiago is a must now...

B

barcelonista

Pep will take the Milan game very serious. It's the last big opponent we'll face before El Clasico. Also away.

catalan force

OFFICIAL, Iniesta is out for precautionary reasons because ha has a contusion on his leg. #fcblive
Why?? el classico is so near and we still have no luck with injuries. its fucking annoying.

dalitis8

Banned
Has been like that since....forever. It was only last season that we got lucky with Andres.

That was yet another reason (as I have argued for a million times) that the Cesc' signing was absolutely vital.

Home of Barca Fans