Andres Iniesta

E

estranged

no need to panic it's precautionary and it makes sense since el classico is so close, plus its not like we have a shortage of midfielders, Cesc will most probably start.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
tumblr_lmka00p0vU1qbe5lr.gif

dalitis8

Banned
Not really, Cesc came on for Iniesta in the first half last time and did nothing of note there after.

OK.

Pin your hopes on that then.

But we may also pin our hopes on the fact that he KO you out of the CL in 2008, that he bossed Juve in 2006 (when he was 8-years-old) and that he has assisted more than any player in Europe in the past 5 years...

Sergio

Sergison
Maybe he just doesn't suit Barca then, cus I agree with you, he used to be immense for Arsenal in Europe but then was unable to do anything for Barca in their own stadium against a make shift Milan.

jamrock

i think cesc was always going to start, this injury means more of a chance for a 3-4-3, thiago alcantara time

dalitis8

Banned
Maybe he just doesn't suit Barca then, cus I agree with you, he used to be immense for Arsenal in Europe but then was unable to do anything for Barca in their own stadium against a make shift Milan.

How many times do I have to tell you???

You cannot reach any safe conclusions whatsoever from an isolated, group stage game in September. A single unimportant (relatively speaking) game means practically nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Barca always start slow. In 2008/09 we lost our first game to Numancia (remember them?) and in 2010/11 we lost to Hercules at home by a comfortable 0-2. And I guess you remember what followed...

Sergio

Sergison
Struggling to read again I see, becoming quite the habit that, dalitis. Because once again you are arguing points that were never made with irrelevance.

The claim was that Cesc always plays amazing against Milan - except the most recent game with Barca. Well that obviously isn't always.

dalitis8

Banned
Struggling to read again I see, becoming quite the habit that, dalitis. Because once again you are arguing points that were never made with irrelevance.

The claim was that Cesc always plays amazing against Milan - except the most recent game with Barca. Well that obviously isn't always.

Don't play analytic philosopher to me first of all.

Cesc is a world-class player (proven a thousand times over) and your efforts to belittle him are doomed to failure. The fact that he was not ready for that game and had to come off the bench as emergency after the Iniesta injury does not seem to enter your calculations. Even if he were ready, and did not play well in a one isolated game means precisely nothing at all.

You remind me a bit of the old EPL-fanboys, who bragged and bragged on how Messi could not do shit against their teams.

The rest, as they say, is history.

Home of Barca Fans