Andres Iniesta

B

barcelonista

yeah, that could be the case only if the level and quality in National competitions and Club competitions would be the same...

The quality of the WC final was great. There was Robben, Sneijder, van Persie upfront, fighting to death (with de Jong and van Bommel fighting for the death of some Spanish players :p) for maybe the only chance they'll ever get in their livetimes to come so close to win the first WC trophy for their country. While last year Manchester United started Rooney, Park, Valencia to attack Barcelona. Fighting for a trophy they already won and can try to win this year again. And next year. And the year after. And ...

ricknattery

The quality of the WC final was great. There was Robben, Sneijder, van Persie upfront, fighting to death (with de Jong and van Bommel fighting for the death of some Spanish players :p) for maybe the only chance they'll ever get in their livetimes to come so close to win the first WC trophy for their country. While last year Manchester United started Rooney, Park, Valencia to attack Barcelona. Fighting for a trophy they already won and can try to win this year again. And next year. And the year after. And ...

National teams only train and play together once every month, that's why the overall level in club competition is superior. The quality of the players in the WC final was great, but as a unit clubs have an edge because they play together almost everyday. World cup and National competition in general has been slowly degrading since last 20 years or so and club competition is now more relevant and presents better teams and better games.

Maria

Some of you here are taking Messi for granted..why do you think that Mourinho has put Pepe to man-mark Messi last year? Just for the fun of it? I'm hoping that he doesn't do that on 10-D because I seriously doubt that we would manage to score without him.

@barcelonista
Probably we would have beaten MU without Messi(although I doubt it because without him we are as toothless as Spain)..but I don't know if we would have been in that final in the first place.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
looked off the pace today. was trying things he wasn't sharp enough to pull off.

still, for a first game back that's expected. he'd probably have been better if Rayo hadn't constantly hacked the fuck out of him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
looked off the pace today. was trying things he wasn't sharp enough to pull off.

still, for a first game back that's expected. he'd probably have been better if Rayo hadn't constantly hacked the fuck out of him.

Yep, I noticed the same - how often do we see Iniesta fail to lose his marker in tight spaces or lose the ball?...Very odd but at least we know that he's just getting back

Just would like it if he picked himself up and played rather than continually lobby the ref, let Xavi handle those duties

e28makaveli

Some of you here are taking Messi for granted..why do you think that Mourinho has put Pepe to man-mark Messi last year? Just for the fun of it? I'm hoping that he doesn't do that on 10-D because I seriously doubt that we would manage to score without him.

@barcelonista
Probably we would have beaten MU without Messi(although I doubt it because without him we are as toothless as Spain)..but I don't know if we would have been in that final in the first place.

I doubt anyone takes Messi for granted. Without him, we win nothing, plain and simple. But Iniesta is required in our lineup for our game to be a lot more dynamic. He gives us another degree of freedom . Xaviesta + Messi are three important ingredients we cannot do without.

Home of Barca Fans