Andres Iniesta

dalitis8

Banned
timthumb.php

iniesta trains with the group

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

dalitis8

Banned
No wonder you guys lost, your best player isn't fit.

He was our best player against your rugby-bus-parking team of 08/09. Over both legs. In fact he was our best player in the whole of the last 20 games of the epic 08/09 season.

But overall, when he is fit and on song. He is our number 2 tbh.

Manuel Traquete

When fully fit, Andrés is the best player in the world. For better or for worse, Iniesta's fitness is going to decide the outcome of this season, as has been the case in seasons past. It's no coincidence that our worst periods under Pep have come with Iniesta sidelined.

Historically, this Barca team will be remembered as Messi's team. But this is as much Iniesta's team as it is Messi's. For better or for worse, his fitness/form will decide our season. A 4th consecutive dominant season won't possible without the Don. Maybe it's because Messi is around, but it's crazy how some people underrate Iniesta.

Last edited:

dalitis8

Banned
When fully fit, Andrés is the best player in the world. For better or for worse, Iniesta's fitness is going to decide the outcome of this season, as has been the case in seasons past. It's no coincidence that our worst periods under Pep have come with Iniesta sidelined. The same for Spain, the only difference between Switzerland and the rest of the World Cup games was that Iniesta didn't play against Switzerland (recovering from injury).

Historically, this Barca team will be remembered as Messi's team. But this is as much Iniesta's team as it is Messi's. For better or for worse, his fitness/form will decide our season. A 4th consecutive dominant season won't possible without the Don. Maybe it's because Messi is around, but it's crazy how some people underrate Iniesta.

1) Andres when fully fit, is the number 2 player in the world.

2) You are absolutely right in that our worse periods in the Pep era were those without the Don, or with the Don out of shape.

3) Iniesta played against Switzerland. Spain were just unlucky that day. He missed the game against Honduras, and the he returned and on very good form in all the rest of the games (Chile, Portugal, Paraguay, Germany and the Netherlands) Was voted MoM 3 times.

4) Iniesta is the most underrated player in history. When I told a friend of mine that he is as good as Zidane ever was (if not better) he was shocked, just like numerous (but decreasing in number) people continue to do.

Manuel Traquete

1) Andres when fully fit, is the number 2 player in the world.

2) You are absolutely right in that our worse periods in the Pep era were those without the Don, or with the Don out of shape.

3) Iniesta played against Switzerland. Spain were just unlucky that day. He missed the game against Honduras, and the he returned and on very good form in all the rest of the games (Chile, Portugal, Paraguay, Germany and the Netherlands) Was voted MoM 3 times.

4) Iniesta is the most underrated player in history. When I told a friend of mine that he is as good as Zidane ever was (if not better) he was shocked, just like numerous (but decreasing in number) people continue to do.

1)Well, he's surely up there with Messi and is arguably even more influential.

2)Indeed. Even in 2008/2009, when we lost steam in La Liga it was through Iniesta's absence. He's been the difference maker.

3)Got the games mixed up, edited it now. But still, Iniesta is a huge difference maker for Spain as well.

4)That's probably quite right. Even those who admire Barca seem to focus too much on Xavi and Messi and ignore this absolute genius. I know some people who even compare him to the likes of Ozil or Silva among other lesser players. I mean, WTF? I hope he gets the recognition he deserves in the coming years as an all-time great of the game.

The greatest players in history:

1. Garrincha
2. Maradona
3. Busquets
4. Cruyff
5. Pele
6. Iniesta

imo

Hmm I'm one of the biggest Busquets fanboys around, I love Sergio. But third best player of all-time is a bit irrealistic. Other than that, the list looks good. I don't necessarily agree with the order, but the names are great. Take Busquets, insert Messi and it's an awesome list :D

Last edited:

Maria

I love Iniesta, but to say that he is more important then Messi and Xavi it doesn't seem too realistic. Maybe if he would be able to score more goals he would be..one example is the match against Athletic Bilbao where he wasted some good chances.

Let's put it this way: if you were to choose 2 players between Messi, Xavi, Iniesta who you were to have against RM, who would it be?

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
I love Iniesta, but to say that he is more important then Messi and Xavi it doesn't seem too realistic. Maybe if he would be able to score more goals he would be..one example is the match against Athletic Bilbao where he wasted some good chances.

Let's put it this way: if you were to choose 2 players between Messi, Xavi, Iniesta who you were to have against RM, who would it be?
Xavi and Iniesta.

jamrock

xavi and iniesta because we could play Pedro-Villa-Sanchez up front. anything else would mean cesc in midfield :shakeshead:

Home of Barca Fans