Andres Iniesta

B

barcelonista

Is there a feud going on between him and Messi? Did you guys not see that open, easy pass to Messi at the end of the game, but instead of passing he hold onto the ball and lost it.

At the end of the game, he was sitting on the bench already.

B

barcelonista

maybe it was Messi who ordered Pep to substitute him?

I think so, too. This needs further investigation. Let's see if he will start for the Clasico. I think Messi might prefer dos Santos though.

dalitis8

Banned
What. A FREAKIN stud this white man is!!! UN believable really the things Andres does. The way he charges at like 3-4 defenders and weaves in and out so effortless and cuts up angles is pure Mathematics Genius!!! This man deserves some kind of key to the world after all he has accomplished. He made one run in particular last night that nearly blinded me (all I saw when I closed my eyes was glistening diamonds ---- strange huh lol). He charged from the middle of the field on the left flank and began cutting right across the field as though he were floating. Anyone remember that play? Not sure if anything amounted from it but it was so subtle but expertly conceived and executed. The man is a stud. Nuff said

I can surely recall the Iniesta play that you are referring to.

It was his first effort from a midfield position, where he ghosted past 3-4 Madrid players as if he was immaterial.

I have said this long ago, he is the most talented and skillful player I have ever seen, his only drawbacks are shooting and lack of strength. But he more than makes up for them in so many ways.

Plus, I hate it when he is deployed at LW.

F

Flavia

Is there a feud going on between him and Messi? Did you guys not see that open, easy pass to Messi at the end of the game, but instead of passing he hold onto the ball and lost it.

I think so, too. This needs further investigation. Let's see if he will start for the Clasico. I think Messi might prefer dos Santos though.

Ok, I see what you both did there.
But just don't, please. Not everyone will get you're kidding over passed situations.

B

barcelonista

He's lacking in end product. That is his only flaw. It might have something to do with the fact that he actually started as a defensive midfielder. He certainly doesn't look all too comfortable in and around the box.

Maria

Iniesta has played his 384th official game for Barca(12 player to do so), equalling Guardiola and Ramallets.

Maria

He's lacking in end product. That is his only flaw. It might have something to do with the fact that he actually started as a defensive midfielder. He certainly doesn't look all too comfortable in and around the box.

That is my frustration also..if he could score more goals(at least 10-15 per season), there wouldn't be any doubt as to whom is the second best player in the world.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
If Iniesta was all about goals and assists instead of what he is today you lot would still have found something else to complain on.

He's the classiest player on the planet, top notch control, absolutely astonishing technique, brilliant passer and brilliant vision.

the amount of space that he opens up for his teammates outweighs the number of chances he misses.

dalitis8

Banned

He lacks in strength, that is why he cannot shoot properly. A player needs very strong legs to shoot powerfully and at the same time keep the ball down. Iniesta does not have that.

But I think that is a good thing. Imagine if Iniesta had the the physique of an Essien or a CR7. He would destroy any side at will.

dalitis8

Banned
If Iniesta was all about goals and assists instead of what he is today you lot would still have found something else to complain on.

He's the classiest player on the planet, top notch control, absolutely astonishing technique, brilliant passer and brilliant vision.

the amount of space that he opens up for his teammates outweighs the number of chances he misses.

100%

That is what we are saying. But we are pointing out the only weakness in his game.

Dinho

He lacks in strength, that is why he cannot shoot properly. A player needs very strong legs to shoot powerfully and at the same time keep the ball down. Iniesta does not have that.

But I think that is a good thing. Imagine if Iniesta had the the physique of an Essien or a CR7. He would destroy any side at will.

Iniesta can hit the ball as hard as anyone if he wants to. His composure is what lets him down in front of goal. He's simply one of those players who prefers to pass instead of shoot. He probably takes more pleasure in assisting a goal than scoring one. He should be scoring 8-10 goals a season though.

ammarfcb

ze special one
Riquelme: "Barcelona has the best player in the world, Iniesta. If he feels like it, Barça has a lot of chance to win the game." [via ole]

Home of Barca Fans