Andres Iniesta

dalitis8

Banned
Iniesta can hit the ball as hard as anyone if he wants to. His composure is what lets him down in front of goal. He's simply one of those players who prefers to pass instead of shoot. He probably takes more pleasure in assisting a goal than scoring one. He should be scoring 8-10 goals a season though.

He did score 9 last year. But that is besides the point.

Like I said, Iniesta is not strong enough to be real threat in the box. Even though it is true that sometimes he gets overawed when open on goal, the main thing is that even if he does try to shoot (which he is increasingly doing since the Chelsea goal) he tends to either send the ball too high, or the shot is too weak. That is due to the reason I gave before.

I mean compare the size of Iniesta's quad muscles with that of CR, or Drogba, or Rooney, Sanchez, Carlos, fat Ronaldo etc...

X

xaviniesta

iniesta is by far the best manipulater with defenders. the world is full of players and kids who watch some idiot videos of so called 'skills' and they want to replicate them. i always laugh when i see on pro or non pro level when players have 1v1 situation and they like systematicly tring to do stepovers or whatever. they don't read and don't even want to read the defender movements at all. thats where iniesta stands up. he is slower, weaker etc that most of the defenders. but he can make them absolute idiots. because he is the one who read their game so well. the way he anticipate their moves and then goes the other way. it's just mindblowing.

1:28 . just one little sample. i know many will not consider that as a skill at all. 10 stepovers that leads you nowhere is much better!

Last edited:

gingerless

iniesta is by far the best manipulater with defenders. the world is full of players and kids who watch some idiot videos of so called 'skills' and they want to replicate them. i always laugh when i see on pro or non pro level when players have 1v1 situation and they like systematicly tring to do stepovers or whatever. they don't read and don't even want to read the defender movements at all. thats where iniesta stands up. he is slower, weaker etc that most of the defenders. but he can make them absolute idiots. because he is the one who read their game so well. the way he anticipate their moves and then goes the other way. it's just mindblowing.

1:28 . just one little sample. i know many will not consider that as a skill at all. 10 stepovers that leads you nowhere is much better!

there was this one moment in today's game where he did the same, i just love how he can do that... it's 1 simple touch of the ball but it puts 2-3 deefenders out of the game, just one touch

Durden

@xaviniesta

I think you've summed up perfectly my thoughts on how football is viewed these days. Flair, 'tricks' and goals seem to be automatically held to higher esteem than things like control, passing, technique and intelligence.
I had an argument with my uncle where he went blue in the face telling me 'such-and-such' was better than 'another-such-and-such' because he had more goals. He said Cesc>Xavi, Cesc>Iniesta, Ronaldo>Whole Barca team last year etc.
When I said 'but its not xavi's job to score, but to create opportunities for others. And Iniesta is a better technical player than CRonaldo; Ronaldo is not better just because he gets more goals. He's a great player , Iniesta is just better.'
His replay was 'but when do you see Iniesta do tricks? He can't. Ronaldo can cause he's better.'

Drives me mental. Being a good player is more than goals and how flamboyant you are with the ball- and anyone who thinks otherwise simply doesn't understand the game.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Hahahaha, the thing is Cristina doesn't do tricks anymore except for the odd useless stepover and Iniesta is well known for his back heels, nutmegs and awesome flicks (ask Coentrao)... So even in such a superflous area, Iniesta is way better than the ladyboy...

Home of Barca Fans