Andres Iniesta

ammarfcb

ze special one
tumblr_m06rbmct9c1r4nlc0o1_500.jpg

:wub:

ammarfcb

ze special one
ok, if not the best, one of the best.

1:18 demonstrates why - not many can do so much with the ball in such little space with 3 defenders all over him

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
You think Iniesta is notably better at ball control than say prime Maradona or Ronaldinho? Just to take two very high profile examples.

dalitis8

Banned
You think Iniesta is notably better at ball control than say prime Maradona or Ronaldinho? Just to take two very high profile examples.

Ronaldinho definitely.

Ronaldinho was stronger, faster, more unpredictable, more spontaneous, better at shooting and many other things compared to the Don. But ball control with both feet? No way.

As for Maradona. I was extremely young when he was around to remember and evaluate these things. But from the highlights of him that I have seen, I would not say that he had Iniesta's ball control.

Iniesta's amazing skill on the ball is what makes him the world-class player that he is. His passing is nigh excellent (but not as good as Xavi's) his statistics are worse than both Cesc and Xavi. His shot is weak, he is easily muscled off the ball, and is not great in front of goal either.

What sets him apart though (along with his passing, dribbling and some decent running) is his divine ball control. Surely by far the best I have ever seen in the 2 decades that I follow football.

Edit: I have to also add, that his forward reading of the game, and his ability to see 3 or 4 moves ahead are also characteristics unique to him. Somehow his intentions are so ahead of the immanent situation, that his Barca and Spain teammates are caught two steps behind.

Last edited:

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
Ronaldinho definitely.

Ronaldinho was stronger, faster, more unpredictable, more spontaneous, better at shooting and many other things compared to the Don. But ball control with both feet? No way.

As for Maradona. I was extremely young when he was around to remember and evaluate these things. But from the highlights of him that I have seen, I would not say that he had Iniesta's ball control.

Iniesta's amazing skill on the ball is what makes him the world-class player that he is. His passing is nigh excellent (but not as good as Xavi's) his statistics are worse than both Cesc and Xavi. His shot is weak, he is easily muscled off the ball, and is not great in front of goal either.

What sets him apart though (along with his passing, dribbling and some decent running) is his divine ball control. Surely by far the best I have ever seen in the 2 decades that I follow football.

Edit: I have to also add, that his forward reading of the game, and his ability to see 3 or 4 moves ahead are also characteristics unique to him. Somehow his intentions are so ahead of the immanent situation, that his Barca and Spain teammates are caught two steps behind.
Laudrup? Zidane? Bergkamp?

"By far" has no place in this discussion.

a095b62ba601cdf2e9b5ff3d0e9c8069_ronaldinhodealwithit.gif

Home of Barca Fans