Andres Iniesta

B

barcelonista

Zlatman's season was individually as good as Falcao's. Maybe even slightly worse. RvP's season was better (anti Premier League bias, eh?). Zlatman has no business to be ranked alongside Ronaldo. I know this is a Barcelona forum but let's get real. 46 goals in La Liga, including many deciding ones against Valencia, Levante, Rayo, Betis, Atletico and yes, even Barcelona. Apart from his stinker against Denmark he also had a good Euro 2012. How is Zlatman closer to Ronaldo than Ronaldo is to Messi? :lol: Zlatman didn't do anything that puts him way above Falcao, Gomez, RvP or even Di Natale (who carried Udinese on his shoulders into a CL spot, having scored 45 % of their total goals and more goals from open play than Zlatman in Serie A) and alongside Ronaldo.

1. Messi, Ronaldo

2. Pirlo, Iniesta

3. RvP

4. Falcao, Zlatman, Agüero, Gomez, Benzema, Özil, Reus, Kagawa, Xavi

That's where I'd draw the lines.

X

xaviniesta

@maria and @barcelonista.

tell me why any of those players deserves it over busquets? and why did you put only strikers/attaking midfielders in your lists?

pawanme10

tell me why any of those players deserves it over busquets? and why did you put only strikers/attaking midfielders in your lists?

Thats because it is when you score that you win the game and that is what is needed.
The people who were voted by
1-Messi
2-Cristiano, Ibra
3-Iniesta, Pirlo

all manage to score/assist with style.

What I hope the Ballon D'or winners would be-
1. Messi
2. Iniesta
3. Ronaldo

5 reasons why I think Iniesta should get the votes ahead of Ronaldo -

1. He has better technique and his way of breezing past defenders as though they are not present is just astounding.
2. Iniesta is not selfish on the ball, he passes (its something beaten into you if you are from Barça)
3. He does not waste precious time during counter-attacks (which Barça and Spain rarely do) by performing 2 or more step-overs.
4. I'd like quote the technical director of UEFA here, he said that the player of the tournament was chosen for 'creativity', good at football and 'humility' which Cristiano clearly lacks.
5. Iniesta is a team player, the way football is supposed to be played - as a 'team', a 'unit'.

I rest my case.

B

barcelonista

I kept it realistic. It's not what I personally would vote but what's most likely going to happen. And Busquets is certainly not going to become a Ballon d'Or contender in the foreseeable future.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I like!
borat-high-five.jpg

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
I kept it realistic. It's not what I personally would vote but what's most likely going to happen. And Busquets is certainly not going to become a Ballon d'Or contender in the foreseeable future.
he will never be a balloon do'r contender to be realistic though he should be.

Pepe Silvia

So much bias. :lol:Xavi shouldn't even be on that list..and this how it should be:1-Messi2-Cristiano, Ibra 3-Iniesta, PirloMessi and Ibra didn't win too much last season but they had there best individual season and in many moments carried their teams on their shoulders.
So much wrong...Xavi bossed a Euro final and won 5 trophies for club and country what did Ibra do besides come second to Juve and score most goals in serie a on his way to winning... nothing? How you brush aside xavi so quickly from a serious nod is beyond me. And Messi also won 4 trophies himself so it's a bit unfair to lump him in the same category as Ibra. I mean putting Ibra ahead of the likes of iniesta and pirlo is criminal IMHO. The argument can be made why ibra and Gomez could fight for a spot in top 5 but beyond that is reaching

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Putting aside bossing the final Xavi was no where near the individual best that Zlatan been the previous season... He practically dragged the whole of injury-plagued-ageing Milan side, denied the scudetto by poor refereeing, and he was probably the best player in the group stages.

Yes Zlatan did better than Iniesta too, the previous season. I don't understand why just by having a good 6 matches Iniesta should be deemed to have had a better season than Zlatan.

Only Messi and CR7 been significantly better than Zlatan. Pirlo has a case. But the same can't be said with the rest of them

And mentioning Messi along with any body is blasphemy, let alone Zlatan. So I don't see what's the problem if Zlatan is mentioned third after MEssi and CR7, which he arguably deserves

Last edited:

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
1. Messi
2. Busi
3. Cr
how it should be but I understand that stats are everything for the voters so they won't even consider Busi

abual3bed1

Putting aside bossing the final Xavi was no where near the individual best that Zlatan been the previous season... He practically dragged the whole of injury-plagued-ageing Milan side, denied the scudetto by poor refereeing, and he was probably the best player in the group stages.

Yes Zlatan did better than Iniesta too, the previous season. I don't understand why just by having a good 6 matches Iniesta should be deemed to have had a better season than Zlatan.

Only Messi and CR7 been significantly better than Zlatan. Pirlo has a case. But the same can't be said with the rest of them

And mentioning Messi along with any body is blasphemy, let alone Zlatan. So I don't see what's the problem if Zlatan is mentioned third after MEssi and CR7, which he arguably deserves

+1

Home of Barca Fans