Andrés Iniesta

JamDav1982

So many times tonight he and Xavi slowed down the game and allowed Milan to get back in shape.

Time after time the ball would get to Iniesta and he would not pass unless it was a 100% safe pass and that was usually when he had dribbled the ball right up to an opposition player.

While in defence he and Xavi are found wanting more and more when teams break.

Can see Tata preferring Cesc in the big games as his more direct style will get more out of Neymar, Messi and Sanchez which seems to be his preferred front three.

Something missing from Iniesta for a while now.

Think his contract negotiations have influence on his performances?

Yeah, I also think the contract situation has something to do with it.

Anyways, I'd start Cesc over Iniesta against Madrid. He's been in better form this season, plus starting him could help Iniesta get back on form, as it would make Iniesta know his spot isn't guaranteed.

DinhoR10

I thought he wasn't bad...

Same here, i thought he was atleast 60%-70% form last night. Lost the ball a couple of times which isnt like him and ofc the ball slipped off his boot. Not world beater iniesta yet but coming into form. I think people are talking like this because iniesta has been consistently magical for the past 4 or 5 years and its weird to see him not stun the world with every touch he takes.

Pepe Silvia

He hasn't been bad last game but just passive and/or waiting for someone else to attack or do the dirty work. He is normally the one in the mix making things happen, but recently he has been anonymous.

Ritchie

The midfield is very slow nowadays. Xavi's nearly 34 and Iniesta nearly 30 and they've played so many games for club and country. Against top opposition we can be cut open too easily now on the break and too slow to break down teams.

JamDav1982

Against Milan he was good. Finally got his first assist of the season! Vamos Andres get back to your best!

He was poor against Milan in my opinion. Held onto ball too long and played it safe far too much.

Wouldnt be surprised if he is dropped for Saturday because of the Milan game.

Home of Barca Fans