Andrés Iniesta

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Its the change of styles. He isn't accustomed to it. Iniesta's shy and introverted and people like this handle change much slower. Trust me if Tito came back tomorrow and we went back to our more horizontal passing game which he is used to it'll be like he regained his form. He needs to wrap his head around the fact he won't have so much of the ball but when he does it'll be in dangerous positions. Is it any mystery why Fabregas all of a sudden is thriving more and Iniesta struggling? Go back to playing like before and the opposite will happen. But Iniesta will pick it up. Perhaps we should alter the way we play a liitle to accomodate him when hes on the pitch, it will certainly be fun to see fabregas & iniesta both add a different dimension when they're on.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's inconsistent so far this season.

Definitely...And we're seeing that from our stars who you normally never even question...Makes me wonder if the middle of the pitch has been marginalized in Tata's attempt to offer different solutions to the parked buses and they've simply not adjusted to their new roles

On one hand, Tata became coach quite late for a team in the summer when a change in tactics would require more time to learn much less perfect...especially a team that has been playing one way for as long as they have...The team is winning but let's be honest, they are not resembling Pep's team much at all

F

Flavia

Andrés Iniesta: "I don't believe we played poorly"

WWW.FCBARCELONA.CAT
11/01/2013 23:00

"We don't lack intensity or the right attitude, we don't have that problem in this team," says the midfielder

“There are matches with good phases and bad phases,” said Andrés Iniesta after this evening’s game against Espanyol. “We’re counting nearly all of our games as victories and that should give us confidence to improve and keep on winning games.”

When asked about the team’s collective form, the midfielder said, “we’re playing just as well as we always have, I don’t have the impression that we’re playing poorly.” However, Iniesta added that “everything can be improved and we need to keep on growing. We don’t lack intensity or the right attitude. We don’t have that problem in this team but at times matches can end up like tonight’s.”

CatalinR10

You know you're a Don when people start kissing your hand.

1379427_816296465077238_1703211448_n.jpg

footyfan

Calma, calma
That pause before scooping it to Messi in the second half was so classy, appreciation of time and space is outstanding

F

Flavia

Improved a lot. But I'd still would had started Cesc against milan. Iniesta doesn't start counters as fast as Cesc, and there were times when he dwelled too much on the ball and missed a counter.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Improved a lot. But I'd still would had started Cesc against milan. Iniesta doesn't start counters as fast as Cesc, and there were times when he dwelled too much on the ball and missed a counter.

Yeah I mentioned this on the chat. Both Iniesta and Xavi hold the ball on counters instead of providing a quick release in space.

Iniesta also holds the ball too long when he initiates attack on the wing, instead of quickly releasing the ball to Neymar in order to give him space to beat his defender 1v1. Iniesta holds, holds and holds, and when he finally passes to Neymar, he already has 2 players on him and cannot effectively take on them and beat them.

The team as a whole is suffering from this.

F

Flavia

Yeah I mentioned this on the chat. Both Iniesta and Xavi hold the ball on counters instead of providing a quick release in space.

Iniesta also holds the ball too long when he initiates attack on the wing, instead of quickly releasing the ball to Neymar in order to give him space to beat his defender 1v1. Iniesta holds, holds and holds, and when he finally passes to Neymar, he already has 2 players on him and cannot effectively take on them and beat them.

The team as a whole is suffering from this.

Indeed, the passing needs to be faster, the team gives the opposition too much time to regroup and reorganize.

The Observer

In my opinion the entire team hasn't adapted yet. I mean when to be direct and when to play possession. Caught in 2 minds still. If Tata benched Iniesta for 10 consecutive games and started with Fabregas we would start moaning that he isn't controlling the game enough, losing too many balls, playing too direct etc.

Eventually they'll find the right balance. It's actually good that we aren't peaking now. Last season we started peaking in November. Hope this time we start peaking around February.

Meitux

In my opinion the entire team hasn't adapted yet. I mean when to be direct and when to play possession. Caught in 2 minds still. If Tata benched Iniesta for 10 consecutive games and started with Fabregas we would start moaning that he isn't controlling the game enough, losing too many balls, playing too direct etc.

Eventually they'll find the right balance. It's actually good that we aren't peaking now. Last season we started peaking in November. Hope this time we start peaking around February.
It's not Cesc's job to control the game anyway, he's an attacking midfielder, never was is and will be a player who controls the game. His job and position don't have to do anything with the controlling of the midfield. His directness wouldn't be hyperbole from the moment we play this system but he needs someone in front of him to spread throught balls. The best for him obviously and already proved is to play him as attacking midfielder/free role that he played already and performed well. Iniesta isn't performing to his usual atm, off form this season, we should give it a try. But only play him in that role and position, i wouldn't like him to play as central midfielder or false 9 either just to fit him in the line up. And obviously Cesc would play great throught ball to the runs that Neymar does that neither of Xavi and Iniesta feed him and they just slow down the play without purpose in the end.

Last edited:

DinhoR10

It's not Cesc's job to control the game anyway, he's an attacking midfielder, never was is and will be a player who controls the game. His job and position don't have to do anything with the controlling of the midfield. His directness wouldn't be hyperbole from the moment we play this system but he needs someone in front of him to spread throught balls. The best for him obviously and already proved is to play him as attacking midfielder/free role that he played already and performed well. Iniesta isn't performing to his usual atm, off form this season, we should give it a try. But only play him in that role and position, i wouldn't like him to play as central midfielder or false 9 either just to fit him in the line up. And obviously Cesc would play great throught ball to the runs that Neymar does that neither of Xavi and Iniesta feed him and they just slow down the play without purpose in the end.

When you play in the barcelona midfield(Everyone but the fowards for that matter) your job is always to control the game either with smart possession/passes or with high intensity pressure. This is exactly why Tata rightfully doesn't start Cesc in important matches, thats just asking to get run over whenever he gets easily dispossessed because he can of course give you a fine through ball but his other skills when on the ball are lacking.

Home of Barca Fans