Andrés Iniesta

I

instinct

Iniesta: “The coach relies on a team to win. We are with Tata Martino to death.”

Iniesta: “Neymar? The off-field issues are not good for either the player, team or club. I hope it ends as soon as possible.”

Iniesta: “I hope we have Puyol for a long time. It's important to have him on your side everyday.”

Iniesta: “From now on, every game is a final. We have to have victories and reach the final with options.”

F

Flavia

So is Iniesta injured? Doesn't seem like it.

Nope.

"We're 100 per cent behind the manager" says Iniesta

www.fcbarcelona.cat
02/25/2014 09:05

The midfielder believes that "the responsibility falls on the players and the manager" in victory and in defeat
Starting now, he says "everything is practically a final" and that Barça need to "win the rest of their matches" in order to keep their title hopes alive

pic_2014-02-25_ACTE_PROMOCIONAL_INIESTA_008.v1393345285.JPG

Andrés Iniesta was clear that the first team are 100 per cent behind Gerardo Martino. “The manager trusts the team to win and he always wants the best for his team, therefore, the players have no doubts regarding the manager. On the contrary, we are with him to death,” explained the midfielder when asked about the match against Real Sociedad. “We played really well in the matches leading up to this weekend, but the defeat to Real Sociedad was tough,” he admitted. “The players and the manager are, in the end, responsible for everything.”

Iniesta added that the first team cannot allow itself to drop more points in La Liga this season. “Starting now everything is practically a final,” he said, aware that “we have to win all of our games if we want to reach the end of the season with with options to win the title.” At this point, FC Barcelona are second in the table, level on points with Atlético and three adrift of Real Madrid, who are currently first.

The two Madrid-based teams will face off this weekend. Preferences, Iniesta? “You never really know what the best outcome is. We’re one game away from being leaders and we have to face both teams. It’s clear that we depend on ourselves, and we have to do a good job. If we don't do our job it's of no use to us if Madrid or Atlético win this weekend,” he declared.

Iniesta also weighed in on the Neymar Jr signing controversy: “I’m of the opinion that the more is said about things that don’t relate to football, the worse it is for the team, players and Club. I hope that everything that’s been said and all the noise that’s been created around this issue lasts as little as possible.” The midfielder went on to say that the Brazilian “is doing well, and is feeling loved,” even though “personal issues are carried on the inside.”

Lastly, Barça’s No8 talked about Carles Puyol’s future at the Club: “I’m convinced that he won’t leave. I’ve known him for a very long time and we’ve shared many things over the years – good, extremely good and other things that haven’t been as good. Having him in the dressing room gives us security. I hope he lasts.”

Home of Barca Fans