Andrés Iniesta

P

Patty2720

Are you drunk again, buddy? Because, you know, that's crazy talk right there. Cesc isn't a fantastic finisher by any means, but he's still clearly superior to Iniesta. As much as I adore Iniesta, he just doesn't have that finishing instinct in him. You can see he's downright uncomfortable when finishing (most of the times, at least), it just doesn't come natural to him, it seems.
This.

I

instinct

1557643_819986064696744_1253387881_n.jpg

:)

B

beautifulgame

Are you drunk again, buddy? Because, you know, that's crazy talk right there. Cesc isn't a fantastic finisher by any means, but he's still clearly superior to Iniesta. As much as I adore Iniesta, he just doesn't have that finishing instinct in him. You can see he's downright uncomfortable when finishing (most of the times, at least), it just doesn't come natural to him, it seems.

Nope. Will hit the target on a shot or a through pass better than Pedro and fabregas. His cuz tries less doesn't mean he isn't better does it?

Irish_Cules

Well, Iniesta is silent too... However, I think a captain is much more than a loud voice, he should carry the values of the club and inspire respect both from our team and the opposition, and Iniesta surely has that!

He does appear to be quiet on the pitch but behind the scenes that might not be the case. I remember reading a story about Henry one time, in Graham Hunter's Barca book I think. When he arrived at the club in one of his first training sessions he complained about a bad pass or something and didnt chase down the ball to close the defender down. Iniesta said in a stern tone that that isnt how things are done at Barcelona and to never do it again. Something along those lines anyway.

Trickykid

Nope. Will hit the target on a shot or a through pass better than Pedro and fabregas. His cuz tries less doesn't mean he isn't better does it?

Better than Pedro too? Well, you got me there. That's some quality trolling, and I fell for it. You win this round, buddy, that you do...

ceefoo

One reason for his lack of goals is because he just doesn't shoot that often. Another reason is his lack of shooting power in his right foot, which is bizarre because he appears to have a hammer of a left-foot.:flex:

More left-foot shots please Don! :filmed:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Sometimes I am so moved after watching Iniesta videos because 1) his play is just so so elegant and mesmeric 2) the music is typically beautiful melodic classical music 3) I realize not in a million years will I be close to this guy's skill and talent.

DinhoR10

Pedro is quite possibly the best finisher Spain have (The best at barca too if you leave out messi). But Iniesta's left foot seems better than Cesc's right foot to me, he's got insane power and accuracy on it.

Irish_Cules

Pedro is quite possibly the best finisher Spain have (The best at barca too if you leave out messi). But Iniesta's left foot seems better than Cesc's right foot to me, he's got insane power and accuracy on it.

You can't honestly believe that? Yes, he has scored two great goals in the past week with his left but Fabregas has been a consistent goalscorer for years.

DinhoR10

You can't honestly believe that? Yes, he has scored two great goals in the past week with his left but Fabregas has been a consistent goalscorer for years.

Cesc shoots and scores more thats for sure, but if you factor in total shots I don't know how much more consistent Cesc really is since iniesta really just doesnt shoot most of the time. But consistency aside I've yet to see cesc pull off shots like iniesta has but if you have video im happy to be proven wrong.

Stric

I agree... the last two goals were absolutely brilliant, but I don't remember seeing him score with his left before. You can't make that kind of a comparison between Iniesta's left foot and Fabregas' right based on 2 goals withing the past week.

DinhoR10

I agree... the last two goals were absolutely brilliant, but I don't remember seeing him score with his left before. You can't make that kind of a comparison between Iniesta's left foot and Fabregas' right based on 2 goals withing the past week.

WC final and CL semis with his right both really good goals. but i think cesc could've hit the semi's one the wc final im not so sure.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Cesc shoots and scores more thats for sure, but if you factor in total shots I don't know how much more consistent Cesc really is since iniesta really just doesnt shoot most of the time. But consistency aside I've yet to see cesc pull off shots like iniesta has but if you have video im happy to be proven wrong.

Goal vs Everton, vs Milan and vs Tottenham are few that come to mind.

Cesc is a better finisher than Iniesta, he is more consistent and can finish in more styles - chips, headers, left foot, right foot. Iniesta used to miss a lot more chances a couple of years ago, nowadays he doesn't shoot too much.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans