Andrés Iniesta

DinhoR10

Goal vs Everton, vs Milan and vs Tottenham are few that come to mind.

Cesc is a better finisher than Iniesta, he is more consistent and can finish in more styles - chips, headers, left foot, right foot. Iniesta used to miss a lot more chances a couple of years ago, nowadays he doesn't shoot too much.

I lose i suppose :lol: , TBH I never watched Cesc much at arsenal so I hadn't known of his better goals in the epl.

Stric

WC final and CL semis with his right both really good goals. but i think cesc could've hit the semi's one the wc final im not so sure.

Every goal has a bit of luck, as well. Even Messi who is the best finisher ever to set foot on a pitch, doesn't score every time he has the opportunity. You seem to be talking about those two goals as if they were 100% to Iniesta's credit, and 0% to luck or coincidence. The CL semis goal especially was probably more luck than anything else.

DinhoR10

Every goal has a bit of luck, as well. Even Messi who is the best finisher ever to set foot on a pitch, doesn't score every time he has the opportunity. You seem to be talking about those two goals as if they were 100% to Iniesta's credit, and 0% to luck or coincidence. The CL semis goal especially was probably more luck than anything else.

The semis one had some luck to do with it cause his kicking posture is really awkward in that one but the wc final was PURE class.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The semis one had some luck to do with it cause his kicking posture is really awkward in that one but the wc final was PURE class.

The WC goal was "lucky" also... It barely touched an opposition player and Iniesta himself has admitted that he was trying to place it more tightly, but he was relieved because he managed to place just well enough in the end...

But yeah, usually goals involve at least a very small percentage of luck depending of the circumstances...

Kerrybai

He doesn't score much and often his assist stats can be underwhelming but that's not his main job. His largest contribution is dragging players out of position with his dribbling, almost like a magnet he glides around pulling players towards him and creating space for others. He's easily my second favourite dribbler in football after Messi.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He doesn't need to score more for Barcelona to be imperious but he can and if he did, it would make Barcelona that much more difficult to contend with than they already are

ceefoo

Luck
1. Events that are beyond control and seem subject to chance; fortune.

*Events that are beyond control. This is the key term.

Q. A player deliberately striking a ball at goal, with the intention of scoring and managing to do so, with a goalkeeper trying to stop it. Is this luck? :eusa_think: I would say, NO.

However, if the ball happens to dribble along the ground and the keeper stoops down to collect the ball and it goes through his hands, between his legs and in to the goal, this THEN can be considered Luck.

Luck is an overused word and too often used as an excuse or get-out imo.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He was subbed due to a precaution, he was feeling slight discomfort in his thigh, so Tata decided to play it safe, which I think was the right thing to do...

By the way, brilliant pass for Messi's goal...

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
He was subbed due to a precaution, he was feeling slight discomfort in his thigh, so Tata decided to play it safe, which I think was the right thing to do...

By the way, brilliant pass for Messi's goal...

Absolutely stunning. Cesc has more assists, but I don't see him giving passes like that very often. That's exactly what makes him a completely different player compared to Xavi and Iniesta, and is the reason he can't replace them. (ie; to really fit him in, we need a system change)

ammarfcb

ze special one
all my footballing prayers seem to be answered these days. i'll pray for u and valdes.

how freakin good is he lately tho? puts a smile on my face everytime he has the ball

Superstar85

My favourite barca player to watch (along with Messi). He isn't very decisve (goals + assists), though he has a habbit of scoring goals when they really matter like in finals or very decisive ties. But his ball control and dribbling skills (which he uses to retain possession) are just insane when he's on form, he was a beast on sunday night against Madrid.

Home of Barca Fans