Andres Iniesta

Iarwain

So mod deletes the comment suggesting Xavi and Messi made Iniesta look better for God knows what reason, yet leaves a comment where another user is called an idiot for having a different opinion?

F

Flavia

So mod deletes the comment suggesting Xavi and Messi made Iniesta look better for God knows what reason, yet leaves a comment where another user is called an idiot for having a different opinion?

Those weren't deletd, they were moved to the troll quarantine. Also, calling another user "idiot" or anything else is also not allowed. It was still there because it hadn't been seen by any mods. We're not omniscient gods, you know? That's why there's a report button in each post.

DinhoR10

Iniesta and Raki did great in defense, but i wish for a midfield that can create more in offense.
The attacking 3 we have now are brilliant, but they shouldnt be the ones creating every attack.

Imagine this attack getting fed by a Xavi/Iniesta of ~2010..

We still need to overhaul our midfield imo.

Rakitic was involved in the first and last goals, iniesta's main goal in this match was controlling midfield and creating danger was his second objective from the looks of it. We need new players but a overhaul is drastic, Rakitic will be here for atleast 3 or 4 years he's only 26. Then theres Samper/Suarez/Rafinha/Halilovic who are all knocking on the front door, Rafinha is in the doorway right now trying to make the final push through. With Lee/Adama coming up through the ranks or Sandro/Munir/Deulofeu (someone out of those 5 should make it) Messi could even become a true AM to replace iniesta if needed. The time to spend real money would have been buying both Rakitic AND Kroos this summer or something like that but we have to move on with the players and youth we have.

SeloBarca

I really hope Halilovic can live up to the hype, but i havent been to impresed. Rafinha i just dont know if hell make it. Samper is a DM, which we already have the best in Busquetes.
Lee plays as a CF, so he would have to compete with Messi/Suarez/Neymar. I really like Lee and see him as the biggest prospect, but he has quite tough competition.
Sandro, Munir, Deolofeu and Adama competes for the same spot along with Pedro. Instead of overcrowding the squad, i would probably sell 2 of them. Probably Sandro and Delo.

So basicly Halilovich and Rafinha arre the only midfielders of the ones mentioned. And i dont think they will live up to be a world class midfield. I dont know, but what ive seen isnt really encouraging for the future.

Rakitic is good offensivly when he has alot of time, under preassure he cracks and dissapears from the game.
Today he and Iniesta did well becouse they played as balance players, but they didnt contribute much in offense.
Today it worked becouse AM attacked more and gave our attacking 3 much more space to work on.
Against teams that parks the buss, it doesnt work if our attacking 3 has to create everything, which has been proven alot of times this season becouse the midfield cant help them out.

We dont have a midfield that can get past their defenders, feed the attackers AND are good defensivly. I dont see the youngsters or Raki beeing able to do that on high enough level for Barcelona.

Kerrybai

He was better today, in particular his dribbling looked good....but lets be honest, he's still a shadow of his former self. He is seriously struggling to make any direct impact in attack. We need him now more than ever but he is just not anywhere near his previous form.

But I will repeat that today was an improvement and I hope he builds on that, sort of like he did last season after his great performance in the 3-2 Madrid victory

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Very good match from Casper. I'll wait a bit more before saying he's back. He eroded considerably since Tito left us and had an awful season so far.
If he does come back, with this MSN, we have every chance to beat anyone.

DinhoR10

I really hope Halilovic can live up to the hype, but i havent been to impresed. Rafinha i just dont know if hell make it. Samper is a DM, which we already have the best in Busquetes.
Lee plays as a CF, so he would have to compete with Messi/Suarez/Neymar. I really like Lee and see him as the biggest prospect, but he has quite tough competition.
Sandro, Munir, Deolofeu and Adama competes for the same spot along with Pedro. Instead of overcrowding the squad, i would probably sell 2 of them. Probably Sandro and Delo.

So basicly Halilovich and Rafinha arre the only midfielders of the ones mentioned. And i dont think they will live up to be a world class midfield. I dont know, but what ive seen isnt really encouraging for the future.

Rakitic is good offensivly when he has alot of time, under preassure he cracks and dissapears from the game.
Today he and Iniesta did well becouse they played as balance players, but they didnt contribute much in offense.
Today it worked becouse AM attacked more and gave our attacking 3 much more space to work on.
Against teams that parks the buss, it doesnt work if our attacking 3 has to create everything, which has been proven alot of times this season becouse the midfield cant help them out.

We dont have a midfield that can get past their defenders, feed the attackers AND are good defensivly. I dont see the youngsters or Raki beeing able to do that on high enough level for Barcelona.

You forgot Denis Suarez who's the closest to Iniesta style-wise that we have, Samper even though he is technically a DM unlike Busi he has the mobility and dribbling skills to make him a good CM as well. Rafinha has played well in his games against all levels of opponents so far when he was at Celta he tore through both our side and Real Madrid when he got the chance but I will wait until he has played against proper teams in our system before I will say whether or not he will be here for the long haul but he fits all the criteria you set out, can defend, run past players and feed attackers.

I mentioned Lee/Adama and the rest because if any of those players becomes good enough then Messi can be put in the AM position if need be and we would still have a strong starting 11.

Last thing, if we play like this in the midfield and defensively even if teams park the bus the most they will get from us is a Draw, Atleti is the best counter attacking team in the world and they couldn't get a shot at us so maybe not in La Liga when we don't have the hunger but in the CL the only way a team could beat the Barca fielded today would be to out play us and I don't see any team other than one coached by Pep being able to do that.

SeloBarca

You forgot Denis Suarez who's the closest to Iniesta style-wise that we have, Samper even though he is technically a DM unlike Busi he has the mobility and dribbling skills to make him a good CM as well. Rafinha has played well in his games against all levels of opponents so far when he was at Celta he tore through both our side and Real Madrid when he got the chance but I will wait until he has played against proper teams in our system before I will say whether or not he will be here for the long haul but he fits all the criteria you set out, can defend, run past players and feed attackers.

I mentioned Lee/Adama and the rest because if any of those players becomes good enough then Messi can be put in the AM position if need be and we would still have a strong starting 11.

Last thing, if we play like this in the midfield and defensively even if teams park the bus the most they will get from us is a Draw, Atleti is the best counter attacking team in the world and they couldn't get a shot at us so maybe not in La Liga when we don't have the hunger but in the CL the only way a team could beat the Barca fielded today would be to out play us and I don't see any team other than one coached by Pep being able to do that.

Dont really agree. I think he has been very underwhelming most of the time with only a few glimpses. Celta is not Barcelona either.and i dont really wanna see barcelona become a counterattacking RM 2.0 :/

Last edited:
L

linetty

Wonderful performance. Everywhere on time, everytime on point. Though he still can do better, especially when it comes to direct impact right in front of the penalty box.

hamad138

Banned
10931345_1285846588122221_5323181928545803891_n.jpg

Home of Barca Fans