Andres Iniesta

Autumn

Another wonderful game from him today. You could see the drastic decline in the team after he was subbed off.

Isco/Koke are still such a class below him, I don't see how this team (Spain) will operate if he's injured or retired anytime soon.

It seems like he gets a lot more opportunities on Spain to show his immense skill he still has. So often for Barcelona this season, he seems forced to just rush the ball forward to the front three as they sprint toward the goal. I hope we can eventually get him into a more involved role in our new system that seems to be constantly evolving. Seems silly that we have one of the greatest dribblers on the planet, yet rarely give him an opportunity to dribble...

Once we get Iniesta involved in a more optimal way, I think we can really achieve something special this season :)

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Another wonderful game from him today. You could see the drastic decline in the team after he was subbed off.

Isco/Koke are still such a class below him, I don't see how this team (Spain) will operate if he's injured or retired anytime soon.

It seems like he gets a lot more opportunities on Spain to show his immense skill he still has. So often for Barcelona this season, he seems forced to just rush the ball forward to the front three as they sprint toward the goal. I hope we can eventually get him into a more involved role in our new system that seems to be constantly evolving. Seems silly that we have one of the greatest dribblers on the planet, yet rarely give him an opportunity to dribble...

Once we get Iniesta involved in a more optimal way, I think we can really achieve something special this season :)

It's lucho's system mate

Siberia

Maybe it'd be better to let him play as a RCM instead on the left? With Messi on the right, I think he'd be much better since He'll be able to combine with Messi. The only problem tho is Alves. You need a midfielder there like Rakitic who can defend because Alves is shite in tracking back when he's attacking.

DinhoR10

He really is the final piece of the puzzle, find a way to incorporate his skill into the current team and we would be the best team in the world no questions. Lucho managed to fix everyone else so hopefully he can get iniesta going in the new system before it's too late.

Albo

Maybe bench Iniesta for rest of the season. Next season Enrique could try to fix the current midfield problem, and give Iniesta a chance to prove that he is still valuable to the club in a more attacking role.

DinhoR10

Maybe bench Iniesta for rest of the season. Next season Enrique could try to fix the current midfield problem, and give Iniesta a chance to prove that he is still valuable to the club in a more attacking role.

:lol: If iniesta wasn't benched before he's certainly not going to be benched given the display he just put on for spain.

DinhoR10

To be honest, the spain match was ok by Iniesta. Nothing to tell stories about, 3.5/5 max.

I don't get why you're so wound up about iniesta. He will NEVER be sold, and atleast for this season he won't be benched. He's too loyal, too hard working, he's done too much for the club. You're just wasting your time and energy typing angrily about such a futile endeavor. He's the only one that can help Busquets control other than Xavi and Xavi will never start in a highly competitive match cause he simply doesn't have the legs for it anymore. Rafinha has showed some sparks and has controlled the midfield against weaker sides but he's not ready yet. And Rakitic is the engine in midfield he gets controlled as opposed to doing the controlling.

dakt

Was rewatching some of his games during 2008-2011 seasons. What a player. So smart on the pitch and his turns were mind boggling. He's not the glimpse of what he used to be.

JamDav1982

Seems clear that Iniesta hates these tactics.

The way he flicked the ball up and just booted ball up pitch seemed born of frustration and a bit impudent.

Would never have seen Iniesta do that in past.

Antimadridista1

His form for the national team is so different. He lacks confidence in my opinion. He cares too much about the defensive duty and doesn't dictate the midfield as well as before. His decline is so depressing.

Home of Barca Fans