Andres Iniesta

Mido

He will, his performances seem to be directly correlated with how important a match is atm. Bayern first leg shut down thiago and played great. Second leg less important and his heart didn't seem to really be in it. I'm sure he'll play well for the final (Hopefully). Kinda sad since when he wants to he can do whatever he wants and boss the game.

If what you're saying is true, then Iniesta definitely lacks mental strenght.

If what you're saying is true, then Iniesta definitely lacks mental strenght.

I wouldn't say strength, his resolve won't break if we're losing or anything like that as evidenced in the countless times he's saved us with his performances but maybe he's just not as in love with the competitive game as much as he was before I mean he's been playing for what 15 years straight? I expect Busi to be the same by the time he's 30/31. He was never a person who seemed like Pele/CR where they wanted to win EVERYTHING multiple times and be the greatest. Maybe i'm overthinking it but I can see a diference between performances that it seems his heart is in and games he seems to play more out of duty to his club than anything else.

Kind of sounds like i'm psychoanalyzing him from behind a fan forum on the internet, full disclosure iniesta is my favorite player of all time :lol:

BerkeleyBernie

I wouldn't say strength, his resolve won't break if we're losing or anything like that as evidenced in the countless times he's saved us with his performances but maybe he's just not as in love with the competitive game as much as he was before I mean he's been playing for what 15 years straight? I expect Busi to be the same by the time he's 30/31. He was never a person who seemed like Pele/CR where they wanted to win EVERYTHING multiple times and be the greatest. Maybe i'm overthinking it but I can see a diference between performances that it seems his heart is in and games he seems to play more out of duty to his club than anything else.

Kind of sounds like i'm psychoanalyzing him from behind a fan forum on the internet, full disclosure iniesta is my favorite player of all time :lol:

I'm sure Iniesta has a desire to win, but I'd bet that he's more like me- cares more (or at least as much) about enjoying the football than the result. With a generally non-creative midfield, the task of getting ball up front (usually to never see it back again) and covering defensively, it's got to be a far less fun and satisfying experience to play in this Barça than previously. If I recall, he's only had the chance to play with Xavi once or twice the whole season.

In the games where Barça is less direct and there is more tiki taka, Iniesta comes alive- in part because it's a better fit for his skill set, but likely also because it's a hell of a lot more fun than doing the grunt work he's been required to do in most games this season, and he has a chance to express his best self.

I'm sure Iniesta has a desire to win, but I'd bet that he's more like me- cares more (or at least as much) about enjoying the football than the result. With a generally non-creative midfield, the task of getting ball up front (usually to never see it back again) and covering defensively, it's got to be a far less fun and satisfying experience to play in this Barça than previously. If I recall, he's only had the chance to play with Xavi once or twice the whole season.

In the games where Barça is less direct and there is more tiki taka, Iniesta comes alive- in part because it's a better fit for his skill set, but likely also because it's a hell of a lot more fun than doing the grunt work he's been required to do in most games this season, and he has a chance to express his best self.

Yeah I have noticed this, this may be it more so than anything and unlike Neymar/Xavi/Messi he isn't the type of player to say fuck it i'll play my own game and will dutifully follow the coaches orders with the exception of certain times where i've seen him play with more intensity and dribbling just like he used too (el classico this year against PSG etc).

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Maybe he will play for Albacete. I think Iniesta is the kind of guy that realizes when it is time to leave. If he thinks he is not good enough anymore, he will leave by himself.

sil85

tumblr_notlss4e1h1rsazayo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_notklcoXKN1rf0fpjo4_1280.jpg

Stric

I almost forgot how naturally beatiful his wife is. Gorgeous. :wub:

It was nice to see Andres give a speech. I always picture the two of them like bros, even though they might not be that close off the pitch, for all I know.

Kohe321

Great stuff Iniesta, but can our players please stop leaking tactical positions to Allergi before the CL final? :lol:

[tw]602217725033840640[/tw]

Home of Barca Fans