Andres Iniesta

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
The nail on the little toe of his right foot has given far more to club and country than all of ronaldo's goals for madrid and portugal.

Respect the Don kids.

Dinho

We have always been a big transfer team. Messis, Xavis and Iniestas do not come off the conveyor belt. If you don't have those, you have to buy. That's what every club does.

The club needs to give a chance to its youth and focus on its coaching. You're not producing the players at the moment and questions must be asked as to why.

JamDav1982

The club needs to give a chance to its youth and focus on its coaching. You're not producing the players at the moment and questions must be asked as to why.

Plenty of chances being given to the youth players it.

Bartra, Rafinha, Montoya, Munir, Sandro, Roberto all given minutes this season and the likes of Samper will come in next season.

Behind that there is the likes of Halilovic, Suarez out on loan, Grimaldo, Palencia, Adama though looks one dimensional.

Behind that there is other young players to look forward to.

I dont agree at all that youth system is in a mess or the players are not being given a chance.

Dinho

Plenty of chances being given to the youth players it.

Bartra, Rafinha, Montoya, Munir, Sandro, Roberto all given minutes this season and the likes of Samper will come in next season.

Behind that there is the likes of Halilovic, Suarez out on loan, Grimaldo, Palencia, Adama though looks one dimensional.

Behind that there is other young players to look forward to.

I dont agree at all that youth system is in a mess or the players are not being given a chance.

Bartra is 24 now and will never be a starter. Roberto should have left two years ago. He spent too long with the B team and will be sold when the next superstar is bought. Montoya will likely be sold. Munir and Sandro will go the way of Bojan. They'll never dislodge the front three.

They're all decent players, possibly even good one day. But they're not going to be starters.

Rafinha and Samper have the potential to become starters one day.

The majority of the guys you mentioned from the B team aren't really Academy products. They were bought. Palencia and Grimaldo could become first team players depending on how the next two years go. But if a world class right back replaces Alves, Palencia will rot for years like Montoya.

JamDav1982

Bartra is 24 now and will never be a starter. Roberto should have left two years ago. He spent too long with the B team and will be sold when the next superstar is bought. Montoya will likely be sold. Munir and Sandro will go the way of Bojan. They'll never dislodge the front three.

They're all decent players, possibly even good one day. But they're not going to be starters.

Rafinha and Samper have the potential to become starters one day.

The majority of the guys you mentioned from the B team aren't really Academy products. They were bought. Palencia and Grimaldo could become first team players depending on how the next two years go. But if a world class right back replaces Alves, Palencia will rot for years like Montoya.

Who was the last starter to come through La Masia then?

Thiago never really broke into starting eleven other than when Pep changed formation to add more midfielders.

Not listing all those players as definite starters but players who will be given chance to make that step.

Dinho

Who was the last starter to come through La Masia then?

Thiago never really broke into starting eleven other than when Pep changed formation to add more midfielders.

Not listing all those players as definite starters but players who will be given chance to make that step.

Thiago is the closest.

Pedro was the last, if we're being honest. Or you could say Alba, even if he was sold and brought back.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
So, what, do you expect barca to keep producing messi/xavi/iniesta/puyol/busi etc?
This is impossible, we have to fill the gaps with bought players until a new talented generation comes through.
Althouth the generation with messi will never be repeated by any club, ever.

Watched his interview about being in the CL final. Quite possibly the most unmotivated footballer I've ever seen :lol: I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire early his heart just doesn't seem to be in it. I suppose after you score the world cup winning goal a year after securing a sextuple everything is meh.

Mido

Watched his interview about being in the CL final. Quite possibly the most unmotivated footballer I've ever seen :lol: I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire early his heart just doesn't seem to be in it. I suppose after you score the world cup winning goal a year after securing a sextuple everything is meh.

I might be totally wrong but maybe his diet isn't right. He's known to be passionate about wine, he even recently opened his wine cellar. To me, a true professional wouldn't even drink a sip of alcohol at least 2 weeks before a game.

But quite frankly I have no idea about what's going on with the players' diet, I would really like to know more about it.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I really hope he steps up for the finals we have left this season.. just when we started being a bit excited about him again, his last couple of games he went back to his underwhelming mode :(

Come on Don, if you have 180min of magic left in you, please make it be now !

I really hope he steps up for the finals we have left this season.. just when we started being a bit excited about him again, his last couple of games he went back to his underwhelming mode :(

Come on Don, if you have 180min of magic left in you, please make it be now !

He will, his performances seem to be directly correlated with how important a match is atm. Bayern first leg shut down thiago and played great. Second leg less important and his heart didn't seem to really be in it. I'm sure he'll play well for the final (Hopefully). Kinda sad since when he wants to he can do whatever he wants and boss the game.

Home of Barca Fans