Andres Iniesta

Annoyed me how he just kinda refused to come out of 1st gear the entire game and just let Thiago do whatever he wanted. Guess that kind of shows how important his role in midfield is :lol:

Edit: And I also hate how some people on this forum are so bipolar when it comes to his performances. First he's declined, strings together a couple months of performances and he's "back". But then he has one game where he wasn't even trying (Like basically everyone in the team after Neymar's second goal with the exception of Steven) and he's declined and age is catching up to him :facepalm:

Last edited:

Darko

He probably meant the big tournaments, the Confederations Cup is a glorified friendly tournament, and you could say the Copa isn't that big of a deal.

StarLord

Annoyed me how he just kinda refused to come out of 1st gear the entire game and just let Thiago do whatever he wanted. Guess that kind of shows how important his role in midfield is :lol:

Edit: And I also hate how some people on this forum are so bipolar when it comes to his performances. First he's declined, strings together a couple months of performances and he's "back". But then he has one game where he wasn't even trying (Like basically everyone in the team after Neymar's second goal with the exception of Steven) and he's declined and age is catching up to him :facepalm:

I am Iniesta's biggest fan, but there is no shred of any doubt that he has declined. Maybe as you say he was totally indifferent against Bayern, that seems to have been a game we intentionally dropped our level for.

But yes, it is highly unlikely that we can rely on him for much longer being a starter. I wish he can find another strong season for 15/16, and then we'll see.

As for the upcoming CL final. I am 95% certain that he will beast that game. Iniesta has always been a big-game player. I am sure that he has one great performance in him still, at least.

I am Iniesta's biggest fan, but there is no shred of any doubt that he has declined. Maybe as you say he was totally indifferent against Bayern, that seems to have been a game we intentionally dropped our level for.

But yes, it is highly unlikely that we can rely on him for much longer being a starter. I wish he can find another strong season for 15/16, and then we'll see.

As for the upcoming CL final. I am 95% certain that he will beast that game. Iniesta has always been a big-game player. I am sure that he has one great performance in him still, at least.

Ofc he's declined, but imo he's declined more in his motiviation/consistency rather than actual abilities. All his abilities are basically still there, as evidenced by that pass to alves against bayern (I don't know if even messi could've done that and made it seem as easy.) but he always seems to be the least motivated of anyone in the squad, last time i saw him look like he actually cared about football was first leg against Atleitco CL last year. Even when he's done amazing things this season he's looked like he doesnt want to be on the pitch half the time. But of course we'll have to replace him, we should've given samper more time like we did munir earlier in the season in order to prepare him what with midfield prospects looking thin in the transfer market but such is life. Hopefully he can make the step up, he was an excellent football brain and he can do what iniesta's doing right now, hold on to the ball and distribute it to the forwards while pressing/making interceptions.

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
If he has an off game in Berlin, we will be in trouble, we need him on song, his creativity will help MSN do their job more easily!

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
He rarely steps it up in big games this season, so that's just nonsense. He better show up, though, or it will be all on Messi again to create the chances.

Dinho

People need to stop being so disrespectful. The club would not be where it stands today had it not been for his contributions in all of those big European games and Clásicos over the past 10 years or so.

You don't lose your class over night. He still has many qualities to offer, and his experience and influence in the dressing room are invaluable. The reason why Barcelona are going to handle this run in so well is because of the experience of guys like Iniesta, Xavi, Piqué and Busquets. They've been there and done it. They've seen it all before. Guys like Neymar and Suárez might be in fantastic form, but they are being guided by the experience around them.

Iniesta is only 31. You can find a role for him. He might not be the Iniesta he was when he was 26, but the club can't just let quality up and leave the club that easily. Sir Alex Ferguson was the master of utilising his experienced players. When Robson, Bruce, Scholes, Giggs and Neville got older and weren't quite what they once were, he used them as squad players and wisely chose the matches that suited them. While Ronaldo, Rooney, Carrick and Ferdinand were the mainstays of our three successive league title wins and the spine of the side that reached two Champions League finals in a row, they wouldn't have been able to do it without the experience of Giggs, Scholes and Neville. They all had their moments and performed a job when necessary.

Dinho

Nobody is arguing this, its been a visible decline since end of 2012. He has a lot to offer, but i don't think we can rely on him as a constant starter once the ban is over.

3 years ago is exaggerating.

If you keep buying multimillion ready made players, you'll turn into Real Madrid before long.

Rafinha should be developed and Roberto needs more games. They actually suit this new, faster paced style.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He is old, he is this, he is that. Bla bla fucking bla. Believe in the Don. A player like Iniesta just laughs about guys like Pogba or Marchisio. He will dominate them and help us to win the final.
I am fed up with this bullshit about him being done. He plays a different role in a different system and starting every big game that we are winning. Never doubted him and never will.

StarLord

3 years ago is exaggerating.

If you keep buying multimillion ready made players, you'll turn into Real Madrid before long.

Rafinha should be developed and Roberto needs more games. They actually suit this new, faster paced style.

We have always been a big transfer team. Messis, Xavis and Iniestas do not come off the conveyor belt. If you don't have those, you have to buy. That's what every club does.

Home of Barca Fans