Andres Iniesta

J

justin

I have been watching Barcelona games regularly for some time now, and I still don't understand why people consider Iniesta to be one of the best in the world. Iniesta is a decent player with some fanciful moves and tricks, but he don't score goals or deliver the final ball enough.
And yes scoring goals is one of the most important things for an attacking midfielder, which is what makes Gerard and Lampard such great players.

People on this forum talk about Iniesta's involvement in the build up. Players like Carrick and that Real Madrid player who looks like Bruno (can't recall his name at the moment) also contribute to the build up, but people don't speak of them as being among the world's best.
To be among the world's best you have to be able to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win the game off your own boot like Ronaldo, Messi, Fabregas and Gerrard.

Can someone please explain to me what makes Iniesta among the world's best, and what makes him more effective than other midfielders like Lampard, Gerrard and Fabregas??

Elite-BkD

Iniesta is a decent player with some fanciful moves and tricks, but he don't score goals or deliver the final ball enough.

True, we all know that if you aren't providing an assist or a goal, you're just not contributing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyfx89Qf-8k

Can someone please explain to me what makes Iniesta among the world's best, and what makes him more effective than other midfielders like Lampard, Gerrard and Fabregas??

It's kind of hard to compare them, they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Lampard and Gerrard are definitely better at long range shooting and missing penalties in the World Cup. Iniesta on the other hand is better at dribbling and winning the UCL & his domestic league. I believe one time Fabregas won a trophy with Arsenal.

J

Jordzibob

Is this guy serious?? He's gotta be trolling looking for a reaction, because that ^^^^ even surpasses the level of stupidity many of my posts reach...

J

justin

True, we all know that if you aren't providing an assist or a goal, you're just not contributing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyfx89Qf-8k
That was some fancy moves there, but the defending is awful. Why are they defending so high up the pith. Nani of Man Utd did something did a similar move too not long ago and no one is saying he is among the world's best.

It's kind of hard to compare them, they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Lampard and Gerrard are definitely better at long range shooting and missing penalties in the World Cup. Iniesta on the other hand is better at dribbling and winning the UCL & his domestic league. I believe one time Fabregas won a trophy with Arsenal.
Actually if you want to compare they're strengths and weakness, Iniesta is only slightly better at dribbling and has a more elegant style but that is purely aesthetics. Lampard and Gerrard are better at tackling, passing, finishing, awareness. But more importantly, EFFICIENCY and END PRODUCT; 20 goals a season from midfield and being able to win a game singlehandedly.
As for Fabregas he is the heartbeat of young and inexperienced side. There is only so much he can do to compete with Man U and Chelsea. As for Arsenal not winning anything?? The two teams above them Chelsea and Man Utd are the sides that have dominated Europe reaching Semi-finals of Champions league year after year. Where as Barcelona's only real competitor in the league can't even make it beyond the 1st knockout round.

Also at the other posters.
Why should I get warned? I didn't insult anyone, I am just interested to know why some people rate Iniesta so highly, some even say he is the best in the world which I find absurd.

Last edited:

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Iniesta is only slightly better at dribbling and has a more elegant style but that is purely aesthetics.
:lol::lol:

Please. Justin .... :lol:

We don't even need to answer, you just crash your own credibility even before the conclusion of your post. :D

El Mesías

That was some fancy moves there, but the defending is awful. Why are they defending so high up the pith. Nani of Man Utd did something did a similar move too not long ago and no one is saying he is among the world's best.

Actually if you want to compare they're strengths and weakness, Iniesta is only slightly better at dribbling and has a more elegant style but that is purely aesthetics. Lampard and Gerrard are better at tackling, passing, finishing, awareness. But more importantly, EFFICIENCY and END PRODUCT; 20 goals a season from midfield and being able to win a game singlehandedly.
As for Fabregas he is the heartbeat of young and inexperienced side. There is only so much he can do to compete with Man U and Chelsea. As for Arsenal not winning anything?? The two teams above them Chelsea and Man Utd are the sides that have dominated Europe reaching Semi-finals of Champions league year after year. Where as Barcelona's only real competitor in the league can't even make it beyond the 1st knockout round.

Also at the other posters.
Why should I get warned? I didn't insult anyone, I am just interested to know why some people rate Iniesta so highly, some even say he is the best in the world which I find absurd.

Haha. Golden. Now I have really seen it all

Sallou

Justin justin justin.

hahahaaaa

I know not to take you seriously buuuuutt... Gerrard and Lampard are not better passers than Andres. Are you English Justin?

F

FCB_Titi_LB

I have been watching Barcelona games regularly for some time now, and I still don't understand why people consider Iniesta to be one of the best in the world. Iniesta is a decent player with some fanciful moves and tricks, but he don't score goals or deliver the final ball enough.
And yes scoring goals is one of the most important things for an attacking midfielder, which is what makes Gerard and Lampard such great players.

People on this forum talk about Iniesta's involvement in the build up. Players like Carrick and that Real Madrid player who looks like Bruno (can't recall his name at the moment) also contribute to the build up, but people don't speak of them as being among the world's best.
To be among the world's best you have to be able to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win the game off your own boot like Ronaldo, Messi, Fabregas and Gerrard.

Ask Madridistas why they wanted Iniesta and not Lampard

Home of Barca Fans