Andres Iniesta

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Yeh I tend to agree with you there Bojan, he's had his moments but not the game upon game of brilliance we saw last season. He's showing some signs of improvement lately so hopefully he'll come to life again soon.

barca96

justin was talking about awareness?
if iniesta wouldn't have awareness, i don't think SAF would've said that
"the boy never loses the ball"..

beef-supreme

I think we are yet to see the last season's Iniesta.

The thing is that Iniesta has been wholly underwhelming, amazingly he has played more than Dani Alves who was the most-played outfield player last season and yet for much of the time he has gone unnoticed. To be in the top 4 played outfield players and barely receive any hype shows imo that Iniesta's been disappointing this season. I agree that he was huge last season as well but i found it scandalous that he was voted Man of the Season over Messi. And also how people were putting him above Cronaldo. Imo over the past 2 seasons in general it has always been 1. Messi 2. Xavi 3. Cronaldo and now Rooney's making a big statement.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
The thing is that Iniesta has been wholly underwhelming, amazingly he has played more than Dani Alves who was the most-played outfield player last season and yet for much of the time he has gone unnoticed. To be in the top 4 played outfield players and barely receive any hype shows imo that Iniesta's been disappointing this season. I agree that he was huge last season as well but i found it scandalous that he was voted Man of the Season over Messi. And also how people were putting him above Cronaldo. Imo over the past 2 seasons in general it has always been 1. Messi 2. Xavi 3. Cronaldo and now Rooney's making a big statement.

Iniesta was better than Messi last season IMO.

This year Messi is certainly better but while Iniesta has been far from his best not getting noticed doesn't mean he's been poor. One problem is Iniesta is forced to change his role game by game, something Messi and others never have to worry about.

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam

This year Messi is certainly better but while Iniesta has been far from his best not getting noticed doesn't mean he's been poor. One problem is Iniesta is forced to change his role game by game, something Messi and others never have to worry about.

+1

beef-supreme

No he wasn't. Iniesta 'played' half a season - he was injured for most of 2008 (season not calendar year) and when he played he was just normal. Then he had a phenomenal second half of the season, he had a phenomenal 4 months tops. Messi was consistently good for a year. Iniesta took the spotlight in some of the most important fixtures but Messi carried the team when Iniesta couldn't. Messi turned around numerous matches that would have completely changed our season but weren't so high profile e.g. Shakhtar 2-1.

Iniesta has been poor on many occasions this season, not just unnoticed but poor and ineffectual. He has often dribbled into defenders and given the ball away - repeatedly. Messi has just had his role changed from a RW to an AM or supporting striker, free-roaming striker. Iniesta's been rotating between LW and LCM. But then, he hasn't really because he's barely been used out there due to the emergence of Pedro.

Messi and Iniesta are both forced to change roles to a relatively similar extent.

beef-supreme

People got really carried away with Iniesta because he had heavenly performances in crucial matches, and when he played in regular vs. mid-table Liga team matches, people were very lenient and generous towards him because of the positive impressions he left after the big matches.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Messi had plenty of ups and downs last year, he might have played in more games but Iniesta when healthy made us a different team.

beef-supreme

Messi had plenty of ups and downs last year, he might have played in more games but Iniesta when healthy made us a different team.

Iniesta made us a different team, but so did Messi. Messi got us to a point where Iniesta was able to come in and put the cherry on top. Messi got us to the CL Semis, Iniesta put us in the final. Messi got us through the gritty part of La Liga, Iniesta was able to do away with the big teams near the end of the season. Copa - Messi was more significant altogether.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
I'm with Beef on this one. While being sensational and mesmerizing last season he never reached that point where you can name him the best in the world(many did astonishingly, mostly has to do with his previous underrated status) because hes still lacking in many departments for me. I wouldnt trade him for anyone in the world for what he brings to the team is very unique. But in order to reach the absolute pinnacle he needs to improve his game even more.

Home of Barca Fans