Andres Iniesta

Bionicman

The most encouraging part of his performance today, I thought, was his aerial crosses. I recently watched highlights of last year, and realized that those high crosses have been MIA this year. Today, he had several good deliveries.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I thought we were much more fluid when he came on. There was that extra composure in the middle which we lacked before.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He was great when he came on there was a definite improvement when he came on.

Definitely...He certainly added to the attack when he was on...My issue with Iniesta, of late, has been his inability to step his game up...Too much deferring to those around him, i.e. Leo...Even his shots on goal have lacked the precision let alone oomph we've come to expect from him.

Frankly, he's been disappointing for those reasons, for me, this season

Olsend

First half was horrible, but second one was better. Still Iniesta can't find his top form and we are going to need him a lot in April :(

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We've been on about this for some time now. He's been having one of his worst seasons so far. Maybe because of that bad injury from the last May which stretched over the pre-season.
Nice assist for Bojan though.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I don't know what it is, but the consistent spark is gone now. I think a lot of this is the poor form of henry and the fact that pedro isn't nearly as much of a force as titi. this has often meant iniesta moving further left then he'd like, moving him away from xavi and being 1v1 with a FB in a traditional winger situation more than he'd want to be.

zanela

^ But i didn't see him doing anything of note from Midfield either. This first 60 mins he was disappointing, misplaced passes, held on to the ball too long and lost possession, zero creativity from him. Partly why we struggled during that period. But when he did get involved we scored twice. I hope he picks up his form 'cause we're entering a crucial phase of the season. I also want Mr.Consistent back. :(

Co0ter

I don't know what it is, but the consistent spark is gone now. I think a lot of this is the poor form of henry and the fact that pedro isn't nearly as much of a force as titi. this has often meant iniesta moving further left then he'd like, moving him away from xavi and being 1v1 with a FB in a traditional winger situation more than he'd want to be.

Yup. GREAT point. We saw Iniesta going down the wing last season once in a while as an OPTION. He mostly dribbled beautifully down the middle or slightly off Xavi. This season we've mostly just pushed wherever Messi is or forced bad situational passes towards Ibra. People don't seem to understand how much of a serious impact not having a stable LW starter has affected this team. It has made our midfield dysfunctional, Ibra's adaption more difficult and forward trident very disorganized. We're really lucky Messi has stepped it up and been phenomenal. We really saw a lot of the problems in todays game; however that doesn't change the fact that most, if not all, of the team played terrible first half.

Home of Barca Fans